What Ball Did You Play Last - What Are Your Thoughts?

Played a Vice Pro Plus last. It was my first Vice ball. I thought it performed great. Plenty long with not a ton of side spin off the tee. Nice soft landing on approach shots to hold the green. I'll definitely be using it again to see if I was just having a good ball striking day or if the ball is really that good of a match for me

found one of these yesterday. looks new...will try to play it this week.

played the z star xv this weekend and fell in love. Great green side control, straight and long off the driver, solid performance off the irons. Feels soft without being a marshmallow. This is my ball until further notice.

I generally stick with one ball so that I'm not thinking about it.
That ball has been the ubiquitous Pro V1x,
very expensive but nonetheless very common.
Plus they imprint my name and give me my favorite ball number.

I have a new plan for next season though.
I'm going to switch to Penfold Heart balls on the par threes.
If I get an ace, I want something a little different to mount up on the wall.

I've gotten both of my aces on Par 3 courses that don't officially count, so it's been a decades long run without a legit one.
There must be a million Pro V1x balls mounted on Hole in One plaques.

Played the TP5 last round. Love the feel around the greens

I played the Callaway warbird yellow, good feel around the greens and good distance on drives,

Played CSX today. It was interesting, because I played only irons. Felt like I was missing the tee benefits and only getting a couple of the things I don't love about it. The spin was handy having to use an AW for all wedge work though. It did feel better off a Spider putter than my M Craft IV too. Didn't bug me as much.

I played a Callaway Supersoft today and a Wilson Duo Soft that I found on hole 1 while looking in the weeds for my sliced tee shot. Didn't lose another ball today after the breakfast ball, so that was pretty cool. I more or less alternated the Callaway and Wilson between holes, whichever one I grabbed out of my pocket.

As usual, I can't tell any difference between brands of 2 piece soft balls, but I like 2 piece soft balls in general. I got high launch off of irons with both and nice slow rollouts on putts, which I like on small greens.

Played a beat-up CSX the last couple times out as the leaves are all over the place here so it wouldn't bother me if it was lost amongst them, but it is still going strong despite a couple slightly wayward shots that had me wondering if I would find it

Conditions are a bit strange at my course as the fairways are soft with almost no roll, but the greens are quite firm and not as receptive as normal so it is difficult to judge shots at the moment

Due to the cooler temperature and having to wear more layers, my swing speed is probably down a bit and distances have decreased across all clubs, but I still like the feel of the CSX, so the Srixon Z Star XV that is waiting in the wings for a test is going to be up against it if it wants to become my ball of choice

Played the CSX LS for a few holes, it felt longer off the tee, but around the greens I got more roll out than I expected when compared to the ProV1x or Tour BXS on short chips.
I lost it long and left after the few holes with an impressive carry into the deep rough. I will give it another try but the short game performance so far both surprised and disappointed me.

Today I took a day off from work and played a round on a mountain course. I knew there were going to be some bad misses on blind shots and slices into the hill, so I loaded up on a box of Noodles beforehand. Hey, someone's got to buy those before you can dig them out of the weeds. I walked out 8 balls down on 18 holes, so it ended up being a good call.

I didn't see any real difference switching between Noodles and my usual Supersofts. The Callaways had a little higher launch, but the Noodles still launched easily and felt good. For $1 per ball, they felt really good. I had a hard time telling the two apart and the Noodz were half the price. But I do like the Supersoft's vibrant colors.

Like I said above though... just throw me any soft-ish 2 piece ball and I will be pretty happy.

Last edited:
Today I took a day off from work and played a round on a mountain course. I knew there were going to be some bad misses on blind shots and slices into the hill, so I loaded up on a box of Noodles beforehand. Hey, someone's got to buy those before you can dig them out of the weeds. I walked out 8 balls down on 18 holes, so it ended up being a good call.

I didn't see any real difference switching between Noodles and my usual Supersofts. The Callaways had a little higher launch, but the Noodles still launched easily and felt good. For $1 per ball, they felt really good. I had a hard time telling the two apart and the Noodz were half the price. But I do like the Supersoft's vibrant colors.

Like I said above though... just throw me any soft-ish 2 piece ball and I will be pretty happy.
If you are in this category, you have to try Srixon Soft Feel. Great feeling ball and performance. Take your 10 off coupon from Dick's Black Friday or Christmas mailer and they're 12 bucks. It's been my holiday tradition.

Really like the chromesoft LS so far. It’s what I’ve been using on the sim and seems to be working well for me. Nice crisp pop from irons, feels pretty good with wedges, and a nice click off the putts I’ve been rolling at home.

I played CSX towards the end because I wanted to see how it was in the cooler weather and they have firm and fast greens there. Didn't really like it one bit. I've never enjoyed it off my putter, but it's a bad acoustic match for the i59s too and everything was a little amplified. Good news is I of course chewed the cover right away on 18, so I won't be compelled to play it again right away.

I played a SaintNine U-Pro today.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It was cold and windy yesterday so I had a few extra layers on, and I decided to give the Bridgestone RXS (bright yellow to help amongst our leaves as well) a run out in a pairs competition I played with Jen

The ball held up well, but didn't stop quite as quick as I expected with partial shots, but that could have been due to my swing or the greens so I had to adjust for more roll out than I normally expect to see with the CSX. I managed to find a couple trees during the round, but there was very little visible damage, although the bright yellow may have hidden the usual discolouration we normally see after that contact

I have a dozen or so left of these, so for the colder months when I am wearing more layers and swinging slower, it will probably see a fair bit of use

Got to try the Bridgestone e12 Contact for 9 holes yesterday. Distance was really good, tee to green, and it felt pretty good off the club face. Spin is okay, but less than what I've been used to with the Q Star Tours I've been playing. That's not surprising, but was more noticeable yesterday as the greens have really firmed up and are rolling pretty fast. I also think the new Mizuno irons, which seem to have a little less spin, contributed to that.

I like the feel of the e12 putting. I was able to hit some really good lag putts. Looking forward to playing it a bit more to get a better idea of how performs.

Tried the Vice Pro Soft. It has a lot of bite on the greens. It doesn’t have the same lively feel that a Pro V1 or Bridgestone 330 Rx has though.

I played '21 ProV1 mostly when I didn't have to switch to yellow for the leaves. It's a good ball for me. Great match on irons right now. Love the feel and flight. And doesn't bother me off driver or putter. Think I'm sticking with it for a bit this winter.

soft feel on the "front 7"...21 PV1X on the "back 5"...going from 1 end of the spectrum, to the other...seeing that was interesting. PV1X definitely helped me hold greens better. but the soft feel is just such a good ball.

Srixon Z Star XV. Really solid ball. May be my go to.

The last two times I have played I used a TP5. I am getting really good results with this ball In all areas. Next round is sat will give it another go.

The last two times I have played I used a TP5. I am getting really good results with this ball In all areas. Next round is sat will give it another go.
It’s a really good ball. It sure it likes cold weather as much though.

Was a pre-release ball yesterday, and no, not one you’re thinking of, but it’s yet again another damn solid iteration

Really like the chromesoft LS so far. It’s what I’ve been using on the sim and seems to be working well for me. Nice crisp pop from irons, feels pretty good with wedges, and a nice click off the putts I’ve been rolling at home.

Agree 💯 😍😍😍 the Chrome Soft X LS!

OnCore Avant55. My usual gamer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back