What Ball Did You Play Last - What Are Your Thoughts?

Played 9 with the Chrome Soft Truvis and 9 with Srixon Soft Feel. I really like the soft feel starting out when the temps are in the 40's, once it got above 55 I switched to the CS and it did fine.

Put the XS back in play. Whew. So good.

Tried the TP5x today for the first time. Will be my #1 go to ball from now on.
Was playing B-XS.

TP5x yellow. It is seriously the easiest bad for me to see in the lower light, leaves, etc. It's the best yellow to my eye. And I was hitting some pretty clippy short irons and wedges and had no trouble with the durability on what was some surprisingly firm lies today.

Last edited:
TP5x yellow. It is seriously the easiest bad for me to see in the lower light, leaves, etc. It's the best yellow to my eye. And I was hitting some pretty clippy short irons and wedges and had no trouble with the durability on what was some surprisingly firm lies today.

The only better color than Taylormade yellow is Vice Neon Lime. That color glows in the dark!!

The only better color than Taylormade yellow is Vice Neon Lime. That color glows in the dark!!
Yeah, it really does. I like the Vice colors. They seriously do glow.

Played a tour b rx yesterday. I really enjoyed the ball. Had a great feel to it, plenty long and plenty of stopping power

TP5 yellow today. Seems great off the driver and irons. Plenty enough spin around the greens for me and soft off the Toulon Chicago putter.

I need to put the TP5x or the Bridgestone XS back in play. The Srixon Z-stars that I played past 3 days felt like it had too much spin on me.

it never seems to fail. When I want more spin, I throw in a ProV1x and boy does it perform for me. Driver is long and when I go into the green it holds really good. I will have to say, between it and the Mizuno RBTourX these should be the only 2 balls I should play

I have been sticking with the TP5 the last few rounds. Great feel and performance for me. I will be buying a Dzn yellow to give them a go.

I played the TP5x, and it seems like a great match for the clubs in play. Lots of short iron spin today, but knocked it off a couple long irons well, and typically good off the tee. Going to try a V1 next time or with them to see how that is.

Decided to give the Wilson Staff Duo Professional a try. Wanted something less expensive than Chrome Soft. Loved everything about it... distance, feel, looks... but, did not quite get the spin I was hoping for. I will try them again and see if it was me or the ball in regards to spin.

jpgolf,

My experience with the Wilson professional has been exactly the same as yours. It's not you.

ProV1 and looking for something lower spin on irons.

Srixon Z Star XV today in cold temps and wind and it still performed well

if I was going to be picky, the only downside appears to be durability - the ball lasted the round but was pretty marked by the time I finished and I only had 1 potential shot that clipped a tree branch

Played TP5 on the front nine and had my longest drive of the day with it of 266. So it is good off the driver for me and has good spin on iron shots and around the green. Has a nice soft feeling to me and I like that in a ball especially off the putter.
Played a Titleist Tour Soft on the back 9 and you could tell it is softer but felt good in the cold temps. Had some pretty good drives with it. If did surprise me on a 9 iron approach that the ball spun back about 2 feet from the ball mark.
Both seem plenty durable.

PV1X...it's a fantastic ball. helps me with the spin i need.

I'll be rotating through a few old balls from my bag over the next few weeks at sim league. Brought out an AVX last week and this ball works really well for me with the driver, primarily in giving me nice spin numbers there and comparable numbers with my 7 iron. I'll be gathering data on the e12 Contact, Supersoft, and an old TP5x I found on the course.

Played a CS truvis on the front 9. It really cuts thru the wind well and has great spin around the green.
Titelst Tour Soft on the back 9. Feels really good off the driver and enough spin around the green.

Played a current generation z star for the front 9 the other day. Really good ball.
switched to a current generation prov1x on the back 9 To prep for alt shot in the rivalry. Really good ball. Will be an easy adjustment coming from the regular prov1.

Back