What Ball Did You Play Last - What Are Your Thoughts?

8bdff036a2915b1f4250766d9756e1fb.jpg

54 holes with this Pro V1. Just wondering how long I can keep it!!

I started playing the Callaway LS in the beginning of the year, still playing it. Goes long for me and still spins like a jewel. Even if i mis hit it a bit on short shots, its seems to have good spin to hold the green even if its not close. Big benefit from trying a long putt than having to chip one from flying over the green

Played the Maxfli Tour last time I played. While I like the overall feel and alignment, it doesn't get quite enough spin for me. I might try the Tour X at some point.

Now that I'm not losing quite so many golf balls, I'm back to my Pro V1x.

Titleist AVX 2021 version (I think).
Put this ball into play last night in league. Played all 9 holes with it and it performed as expected. Was a bit breezy out of the south and it worked well into the wind. Launch was very low, as I had the heavy weight forward on the driver adjusted down to 8* with a low/low Smoke Yellow shaft. Around the greens it checked up as well as the Vice Pro + I use.
League tourney is this weekend, so I'll put it back into play, with my driver turned up a bit and see what happens.

The past 4 rounds I've played the Maxfli Tour (Fantastic Ball and has become my gamer along with the TP5), Ksig 3.2 (Everytime I play a course with a lot of hazards where I may lose a few balls I default to these and get reminded why I like them so much). TM Tour Response, another fantastic ball.

Played the Maxfli Tour last time I played. While I like the overall feel and alignment, it doesn't get quite enough spin for me. I might try the Tour X at some point.

Now that I'm not losing quite so many golf balls, I'm back to my Pro V1x.
How was distance with the Maxfli Tour?

Chrome Soft X at the Goat Cup. I'm a low spin guy and this ball fits the bill off the tee and around the greens.

Still playing both TP5x and CSX LS. I am working to lose all of the TP5X I got free at Diamante. Both results are generally the same. I think I like the CSX LS more but I could play either ball.

I did find a Srixon Q Star Tour Divide (orange and yellow) ball that I played for 1 hole this past weekend. The ball feels fine and got some good results on that 1 hole. It was not near as annoying as I thought it would be so there is that.

How was distance with the Maxfli Tour?

Distance wise, I couldn't tell any difference compared to other balls I've tried including Pro V1X, Z-Star XV, Tour B XS, and Chrome Soft X. Any differences would be negligible, so it would depend on what your ideal spin window is.

I played a BXS today and CSX today. I think the CSX is slightly better for me off the tee. Debating on trying the regular BX as I haven’t tried that yet. I want to commit to a ball!!

Still working with the e12 contact, retired my first one out of the sleeve last Saturday to put up on a shelf. Works really well for me off the tee and I like what I’m seeing short game wise. Has a lower flight out of that one for me compared to the BRX. Am hoping to try the last of the ones that were recommended to me at the start of the year soon (TP5x).

CSX. It was... probably unneeded. Mighty have been the wettest conditions I've played in there. The rain turned off about 30 minutes before going out. Backed up a couple 8 irons. Driver distances were good. Sounds good off the Stealth Plus.

I found a Maxfli Tour and liked it a lot. It felt good off the face and putter and I thought I played well with it; the nostalgia from me playing a ton of Maxfli back in the day wants to give it another try. You couple that with me putting like crap with Triple Track lately (after being infatuated with TT for years) and I think I might try a dozen. And the yellow worked well for my poor eyesight. I know nothing about the ball. I was previously in a ball fitting and he recommended TP5 and Chrome Soft. I previously was fit by Titleist for ProV1 but have been playing Callaway ERC the last month.

Out of the rough has been where the HyWay club (I only have the 21*) really shines for me. Off a tee I'm torn between FW or the HyWay
I found a Maxfli Tour and liked it a lot. It felt good off the face and putter and I thought I played well with it; the nostalgia from me playing a ton of Maxfli back in the day wants to give it another try. You couple that with me putting like crap with Triple Track lately (after being infatuated with TT for years) and I think I might try a dozen. And the yellow worked well for my poor eyesight. I know nothing about the ball. I was previously in a ball fitting and he recommended TP5 and Chrome Soft. I previously was fit by Titleist for ProV1 but have been playing Callaway ERC the last month.

The Maxfli Tour are VERY CLOSE to the ProV1. MGS testing suggested the Maxfli Tour were one of the closest to performance to the PV1 than most other balls. I play them and they are fantastic

Had a short chipping and putting lesson this past weekend after my lesson/fitting and the ChromeSoft Truvis really did help me concentrate on putts. I also could see the spin on my chip shots well and the ball felt great around the greens.

Had a short chipping and putting lesson this past weekend after my lesson/fitting and the ChromeSoft Truvis really did help me concentrate on putts. I also could see the spin on my chip shots well and the ball felt great around the greens.

I like the Truvis. I'm partial to the yellow and black and if white, the USA ones. I'm currently playing the Truvis. Earlier in the season, I had played the white Triple Track CS that I had gotten from Finley at the Dream Foursomes last November.

I like the Truvis. I'm partial to the yellow and black and if white, the USA ones. I'm currently playing the Truvis. Earlier in the season, I had played the white Triple Track CS that I had gotten from Finley at the Dream Foursomes last November.
I had a triple track and liked it but I lost it at Ballyhack :ROFLMAO:. I have the white and green and white and red and the red really visually helps me.

I played a BXS today and CSX today. I think the CSX is slightly better for me off the tee. Debating on trying the regular BX as I haven’t tried that yet. I want to commit to a ball!!
I played a side with the BX and BXS. Similar full swing performance, the BX felt Pro V1 firm, while the BXS was very soft and significantly more spin around the green (not that the BX is bad). Personally the BX is my choice, but that just me.

I still have a sleeve of both the Maxfli Tour and Maxfli Tour X left. Be happy to share some with you at our next Az THP event. I'm more partial to the Tour X but both seem to fit my game well.

Played the Srixon QStar Tour Divide again today. This ball ticks all the boxes. Long of the tee? How about 270 yard drive on hole 17 only to be topped off with a 313 yard drive on the 18th!
I also benefit from the built in alignment feature provided by the Divide design for lining up putts.
Only downside today was the ball was harder to find in the deep rough today when the red side was up. Fortunately, I was able to rescue it from all of its hiding places on the course today 😁

I play the QSTAR Tour. I bounce between the divide and a Yellow one.
I was playing with a guy the other day who thought the Matte divide went farther than the glossy Yellow.

I have not noticed a difference and I think that's nonsense but what do you all think?

Sent from my NE2215 using Tapatalk

never played a chrome soft and excited to try the OG vs X coming up!

I played the new AVX, first time using that ball entirely. It felt better than a ProV1, and the check around the greens vs my usual e12 Contact or QST was noticeable. As a low ball hitter normally, I am not sure it's the best fit for me especially with irons. I hit a few driver bullets (when I hit it straight that is :cautious:) but with irons it was definitely even lower than I normally hit.

Chrome soft X this evening. Cut through tonight’s wind like crazy and was massive off the tee today for me. A little firmer than what I’ve been playing recently but felt really good. Tough to tell spin wise as our greens were punched and sanded but so far I’m liking it.

Another 9 holes with the CSX LS last night and I am really liking it

I missed the par 3 2nd green short right after catching the ball a bit high on the face, so was left with a short-sided shot over the bunker - pulled the 58° and clipped it nicely and it took one hop and just stopped dead in its tracks about 6ft beyoond the hole. I was making sure not to leave it in the bunker as that was definitely not the shot I wanted. I just missed the breaking return putt and tapped in for bogey, but the check on the chip was impressive

Back