What Ball Did You Play Last - What Are Your Thoughts?

Hex Chrome +

Used to love them, found a sleeve in the closet, managed to use 1 for 18, a very rarity. Still a very good ball for me.
3A7CF0A9-F1FB-4585-805B-FEA951C2B6FA.jpeg

Played TP5X yesterday for nine holes and shot my best round of the year.
Little short on my driver vs. CS however short game is where TP5X shinned.
Why do I try other golf balls and mess up my "Mental Jam"? Why?

Played Maxfli Tour X yesterday.
I actually quite like them, and can't tell much of a difference vs Pro V1 for me.
They do seem to hold up much better than anything else I tried as well.
After 18 holes, cleaned it up and it's basically new.

Played Maxfli Tour X yesterday.
I actually quite like them, and can't tell much of a difference vs Pro V1 for me.
They do seem to hold up much better than anything else I tried as well.
After 18 holes, cleaned it up and it's basically new.

That's my ball of choice too. Really good for the price. I rotate a few others in on occasion, but I always come back to the Maxfli.

Other recents:
Bridgestone RXS - it's okay. I don't hate it, but I don't love it.
Srixon Q Star Tour - I could play these regularly if the 3 for 2 deal was always available. They just don't offer anything over the Tour X for the higher regular price.
Callaway SuperSoft - my usual cold weather ball. Too much distance loss on hard summer fairways and not durable enough for year-round play, but I do like them a good bit.
Taylormade TP5 (green stripe) - really like these but the price...

As you can see, unless it comes in under $95/4 dozen which is what I regularly get the Maxfli's for, I'm not going to switch. I did have a few dozen of the Kirkland's which I like, but there's no Costco here and I'm not paying a membership just to buy golf balls online.

Played Titleist Tour Speed past weekend. My buddy gave me a sleeve which he got as gift from one of his vendor. It has their logo but I assume they are same as retail.
Been jumping around balls this year and I kind a settled to Chrome Soft. It’s tad soft for my liking but I can’t argue with results.
Tour Speed seems to have more roll on driver. I prefer the feel from the putter. It checks great on chipping and approach shots. Durability is good.
$10 cheaper than CS. White Color is not as bright as ProV. As soon as I ran out CS I’ll try a box. I have good feeling about this ball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last round was cleaning out some old Pro V1x I had lying around. They performed well but still loving the CSX LS. I try to clear out old stock and don't lose a golf ball. 🤷‍♂️

Played new Mizunos RB Tour and Tour X. Get along with both pretty well. The X feels a little V1x-y off irons and wedges and I like it but I'm not sure everyone will. Tour might be a little longer in real world conditions with a little lower spin.

Current gen Mizuno RB Tour.

Went 40/39/79. It responded as usual for me, very well. As I've said in the past, if it wasn't for the durability issues, it'd likely be my ball of choice (so I'm really interested in the new version).

Very good ball for my game. Long enough, spins enough, more than straight enough. Didn't put it in play due to the talk of the new balls coming out. I had recently played it too and because the leaves are falling, it's my favorite among the white balls that I have on hand.

It was a bit cool.this morning, in the 50s. Lots of leaves on the ground which means it is prime ball losing season. Had a sleeve of Noodles I'd been carrying around all year for water holes, high risk shots, etc.

I used to play Noodles so it was like going back to an old friend. I'll be honest, don't know why I just don't play these regular.

Drove well, still hitting 265, more importantly they flew straight and hit the fairway. They stuck on greens. Only thing I had to account for is they do fly higher and they are about 10 yards longer on approach off my irons, so needed to account for that. Plus on pitches and chips they will roll out more. But once I accounted for that I actually liked them.

Shot a 40 on the front nine which ties for my best of the season. I was stroking it well today though, but maybe it was simply being comfortable.

Played a Bridgestone E12 just for fun and to try a non urethane ball. Shot one of my best 9's of the year and hit one of my longest drives of the year! The ironic part is that I scored well due to a few nice wedge shots to kick in distance. This is where I SHOULD be missing the urethane ball but wasn't.

I even hit multiple wedges into some greens since I was playing alone. From 40 and 85 yards I was hitting a mix of E12 and PV1 and noticed zero difference in stopping power.

I also did some greenside testing from 10-20 yards and the PV1 had more initial bite but the E12 was very predictable and playable.

Just bought a dozen Callaway ERCs and will try them out on Tuesday. Two other balls I might try out are the Bridgestone e12 and the BRX. My standard ball is the ProV1 but was hoping to find something a bit less expensive that I don’t mind losing as much. Haha

the Pix TP5 was a good ball for me. the chips were fun to watch... not sure I got a lot out of the alignment but it was fun... great stopping power

Played the Q Star Tour in an alternate shot format with Jen over the weekend and I was impressed with how it performed

Conditions were soft, but it still had some decent distance off the tee, it stopped pretty much where it landed on full shots into the greens and I was even able to get some check on partial shots as well

Maybe it was just me, but it sounded a bit different off the driver, but that could be because I am so used to the Chrome Soft x or X LS

Never saw this ball before, but yesterday on a par 3 course I found 3 Taylormade Kalea's. Decided to play a couple holes with them. They don't feel good, they dont spin well. I understand why minimal, if any effort was put into their recovery. They were pretty much out in the open, but in deeper rough.

Decided to try yellow ball for 1st time in years. Bought dozen prov1 and honestly have always played my best with this ball. I am amazed by results of balls tested at mygolfspy.com where prov1 excelled with a top overall score.

Played a Bridgestone E12 just for fun and to try a non urethane ball. Shot one of my best 9's of the year and hit one of my longest drives of the year! The ironic part is that I scored well due to a few nice wedge shots to kick in distance. This is where I SHOULD be missing the urethane ball but wasn't.

I even hit multiple wedges into some greens since I was playing alone. From 40 and 85 yards I was hitting a mix of E12 and PV1 and noticed zero difference in stopping power.

I also did some greenside testing from 10-20 yards and the PV1 had more initial bite but the E12 was very predictable and playable.

I recently played a velocity recently and some times the lack of spin helped and sometimes it hurt. I think the same is true of tour balls for the average player. Sometimes, they check up too soon and it hurts and sometimes, they check near the pin and you say, OMG, I like that :-}.

I played a Tour Response today. Course was hard and fast, same as the greens. Hit some real bombs (for me) off the tee. Great spin off the irons. 20' uphill, 158 yard 7I pulled the string 12' hitting on a very slight incline towards me. Good spin on partial shots, I think I'll play it all fall.

I recently played a velocity recently and some times the lack of spin helped and sometimes it hurt. I think the same is true of tour balls for the average player. Sometimes, they check up too soon and it hurts and sometimes, they check near the pin and you say, OMG, I like that :-}.
Exactly. I feel like I get hurt by checking up too soon more than the times where it helps. I can dial it in during practice but it's a bit harder during a round. The E12 was a more consistent and predictable amount of check.

I played the Top Flite Gamer for my first 9 today. I was surprised. It’s not as hard as it used to be. It feels pretty soft. Driver distances seemed good. Full iron and wedge spin was okay. My 6i usually gets a yard or 2 of roll and it got about 5 on some firm and fast greens. Really not a bad ball, especially for the price or as a winter ball.

The biggest difference was in greenside spin. It’s an ionomer cover so I wasn’t expecting tour ball performance but it rolled out a lot. Nothing that would prevent a pitch from staying on the green, but it takes a different play style. The Q Star Tour I played for 3 holes had more check than the Gamer, but not by much.

I put in a Chrome Soft X LS on 6 holes and the spin was filthy in comparison. It’s also twice the price. If I didn’t embed and lose so many balls in the winter I’d stick with the Chrome Soft Family. But for a wet round alternative I think the Top Flite Gamer is in the mix. Especially with flying similar distances.

Played 9 holes with a Vice Pro today. nice ball, goes well, stops well. Had a par 5 that started poorly when I failed to shape the tee ball. After a punch out I had to hit a 189 yard forced carry. I hit a 9 wood, the ball was within 3' of it's pitch mark, better yet, it was 7' from the pin. Had some wedges dancing as well. I'd buy them.......

Played TP5X yesterday for nine holes and shot my best round of the year.
Little short on my driver vs. CS however short game is where TP5X shinned.
Why do I try other golf balls and mess up my "Mental Jam"? Why?
Thats interesting. TP5X is one of, if not the the longest ball I regularly hit. Particularly good in the wind for me.

Been playing super softs for a few months until I found the chrome soft practice balls at my local academy sports for $19/dz. I have checked every ball before I bought the dozens I have purchased and all have been stamped chrome soft and practice.
They play great to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fofr a couple of years now I've been playing the Srixon Z-Star and like that carry distances are consistent (no suprise air mail over the green shots), the ball has a pleasing impact sound for putting, short game, and full shots, and durability is good. Thank you Srixon !

Played a company scramble tournament with the Bridgestone E12. That’s such an underrated ball. Great price point and really nice performance for my game! Super durable too.

Back