What Ball Did You Play Last - What Are Your Thoughts?

Played a round yesterday with ProV1x and Tour Speed. I personally am unable to tell much of a difference in feel or sound. The course I played recently had a tournament and for some reason thought it would be a good idea to double cut and double roll the greens. It hasn't rained in about 10 days. Played in a foursome and no one could control wedges and long distance putts. The ball flights were fairly similiar to my eye. I'll continue testing the two but the Tour Speed is firmly in the running from the two rounds I've played

I have gone all in on the yellow pro v1. I get more driver distance and iron/wedge spin with the v1x, but overall the feel (esp putter) and balanced performance of the v1 is my thing. I never thought I would play a Titleist ball. I plan to buy another dozen today with shop credit.
Same here. I love the distance on the V1x, but the feel of the V1 is so nice.

I used the Chrome Soft TT on the front 9. Ball is so great on approach shots and chips around the green. Twice to day I threw in low liners to the pin and the ball just checked hard with no roll out as was intended.
Played the Q-Star Tour divide on the back nine. Good off the tee and on approach shots. Not CS good on chips but still plenty of check in it.
Both balls feel good off the putter.

qst divide on the front 9...z start on the back 9...forgot how good the z star is. between the two, the nod goes to the z star for me.

Played the Chromesoft X on Saturday - a bad swing is always going to give a bad result, but when I put a decent swing on the ball it just performs how I want

Nice and long off the tee, and approach shots sticking pretty much where they land

Can’t get enough of the yellow 2021 Prov1. Best ball, for me, in a loooong time.

Played a round yesterday with ProV1x and Tour Speed. I personally am unable to tell much of a difference in feel or sound. The course I played recently had a tournament and for some reason thought it would be a good idea to double cut and double roll the greens. It hasn't rained in about 10 days. Played in a foursome and no one could control wedges and long distance putts. The ball flights were fairly similiar to my eye. I'll continue testing the two but the Tour Speed is firmly in the running from the two rounds I've played

Interesting to hear that you have the Tour Speed in the mix as your gamer.
On that OTHER GOLF SITE — which is in the midst of doing a massive ball test — their podcast said the Titleist Tour Speed was the biggest (positive) surprise of the whole test. Until watching that I had not even heard of this ball (my mental bias previously told me Titleist ball = ProV1/x or nothing), though in my defense the words “tour” and “speed” could not be more generic / hackneyed descriptors of a golf ball…

There are so many excellent balls out there these days. It’s a good time to be a golfer.

Played the Pro V1x again at the weekend. It’s definitely the ball for me moving forward. Still stings a little laying over $50 for a box after playing the Snell MTBx the last 3 or so years, but I generally keep my ball in play so I guess I shouldn’t really worry about the cost. I shot an 8 over at the weekend, with a long drive of 278 and an average drive of 249, which are really good figures for me. The ball also spins great into the green, even on short little pitches. Perfect ball for me I think.

I played another 2 rounds this weekend with the Bridgestone e12 Contacts.
Again, I was impressed with the performance and feel of these balls.
I have not lost any distance with them and since I am not a big spinner of the ball around the green, I get the same results as my CS balls.
I think I have found my new gamer. As soon as I run out of the last few Chrome Softs, I will be buying the yellow version of the e12's.
At $29.99 for the e12's versus $47.99 for the CS at Dick's, it seems to be a no brainer for me.

I played another 2 rounds this weekend with the Bridgestone e12 Contacts.
Again, I was impressed with the performance and feel of these balls.
I have not lost any distance with them and since I am not a big spinner of the ball around the green, I get the same results as my CS balls.
I think I have found my new gamer. As soon as I run out of the last few Chrome Softs, I will be buying the yellow version of the e12's.
At $29.99 for the e12's versus $47.99 for the CS at Dick's, it seems to be a no brainer for me.

That's good to hear. I have a dozen E12 that I will be using before the season ends.

Love seeing the good reviews of the E12 contact. Gonna have to give these a shot I think. At the price point they're at I may have to stray from my TP5x.

Tour B XS. Still my favorite ball of all time.

I played a Taylormade Tour Response yesterday and really enjoyed it. I hit one low chip that took one bounce and stopped dead. Unfortunately, I was counting on 10 more feet of rollout!! Very good ball!!

For some reason I am always looking for another ball. Settled on the elixr for the most part, but I am always trying other balls.

Played some pro v1s the other day just because they were in the bag. I forgot how good they actually are. Like REALLY good.

Not sure why I resist these so much. Maybe it's my rebel attitude and I just want to be different 🤷‍♂️

I played a Taylormade Tour Response yesterday and really enjoyed it. I hit one low chip that took one bounce and stopped dead. Unfortunately, I was counting on 10 more feet of rollout!! Very good ball!!
I agree. I lean toward the Q Star Tour for a mid-priced urethane ball but I find the Tour Response is a better performer for me. A bit less spin off driver and irons but still good in the short game.

Tried a Bridgestone Tour B RXS today. Ball was good off the tee, and plenty of spin on approach shots. Seems to have to good spin around the greens when chipping but didn't have any issues controlling distance with it on those chips. Nice feel off the putter and distance control was very good off the Chicago.

I played TP5x Pix and it works great. It's my normal ball, so it should. Today just reinforced the thing I forget over time, or tell myself isn't that bad, but it is.

I can't track or find those things to save my life.

The pix part seriously works like camo around here. They're fun, but I'll be glad when mine are gone.

Current Z-Star, yellow. Just a darned solid ball that works well for me. I mostly appreciate it while chipping. Very intuitive wrt grab/check.

I'm still with the Titleist AVX, and loving everything about it. It feels long off the tee, receptive with the irons, control off the wedges and soft off the putter. I only used them out of curiosity when I picked up a sleeve, but am finding that the romance is blossoming.

My favorite ball, Snell Black (in yellow) has been unavailable for basically this whole year so I've been playing more Z Stars and Q Star tour's. No complaints really as they both are quality balls and fit my game. I would think Dean Snell has to be pulling his hair out over supply issues this year! I wonder why it seems to be hitting his brand more than others?

I'm still with the Titleist AVX, and loving everything about it. It feels long off the tee, receptive with the irons, control off the wedges and soft off the putter. I only used them out of curiosity when I picked up a sleeve, but am finding that the romance is blossoming.

I played with someone yesterday who used the AVX. He was saying that he was considerably longer with this ball as opposed to the Pro V1 that he normally played.

ProV1X yellow in my last round.

This ball seemed to combo really well with my Max LS driver. Some beauties were struck. My iron game was quite solid too.

Around the greens, this ball surprised me. It stops REALLY fast on pitches and chips. I left so many short because I couldn't quite convince myself it would stop. Impressive.

Shot of the day was actually a flop shot on the 8th hole (par 3). Hit a rotten 8 iron, short sided myself big time. I was in the rough, on a downslope with a bunker between me and the hole and the pin cut short sided to me. And to make matters worse, green sloping away from me.
To be honest, I was trying to figure out how to not make a double.
Hit a flop and it came out like a dream...landed and stopped about 8 feet away. Dropped the putt for par.

I played with someone yesterday who used the AVX. He was saying that he was considerably longer with this ball as opposed to the Pro V1 that he normally played.
It certainly feels that way to me. If only I didn't have to remortgage the house every time I needed another box :LOL:

I played an older model ProV1x in our couples alternate shot scramble Saturday night. I have been playing through a stockpile of older ProV1 that I had lying around the house. The ProV1x definitely launched higher for me, and it seemed to have higher spin on approach shots, particularly with the wedges. Distances were about the same. I might play those until I run out and go back to the regular ProV1

I’ve been playing white Pro V1x’s and I played a yellow Taylormadr Tp5x yesterday only cause I got 4 for free and I kind of loved them. I found them so much easier to spot, and they just seemed to work well for me.

Back