What Ball Did You Play Last - What Are Your Thoughts?

Q-Star Tour is also a urethane ball and that should be the price difference.

That's true which doesn't really make sense that it is a replacement for the AD333. They seem totally different

That's true which doesn't really make sense that it is a replacement for the AD333. They seem totally different
Give the soft feel a try. Back to back with the Qstar tour, I don’t notice a huge difference. I’ll continue to test, my plan is to use the Q for league action and soft feel for regular rounds.

Played CSX LS and CS today. The CS felt so soft after the LS. The LS is just not spinning enough for me on short shots. It’s great off the tee but I prefer the CS every where else. Really need to get a box of CSX to try as I think it might the the better all around choice.

Down at Barton Creek I played with the Mizuno RB 566 for the first time and really liked it. I think it compresses nicely for me. I also put into play the Vice Tour which I got for real cheap just to try them and I also liked them pretty well. Going to order a few more dozen of the Mizunos to see how they do for me at home.

Played some Vice Pro Drips this weekend at the tournament I was in and really liked them. Wife had got them for me as she thought they looked cool. Feel was great. I was a little unsure how I would put with them due to all the design all over the ball, but I putted lights out, haha. They had a great feel and distance was good with them.

CSX LS again. The more I play this ball, I'm starting to come around. I do miss the softer feeling of the regular CS but I hit a couple of bombs off the tee and spin was there when I needed it.

Q Star tour divide. Great ball. It does everything well for me, price I’d also nice. What’s not to like? It could become my go to ball off i ever need to but more! 😆

My stock of Z-Star XV balls is being depleted, and there's no sale in sight right now. Therefore, I just ordered some Maxfli Tour CG balls based on some data and reviews I've read lately. They seem like they will perform nicely for me.

I might still stock up on the Srixon balls if they have another sale before the season begins next year.

Normally play Srixon Z Star but found a brand new ProV1 with the number 67 on it so played that. Really liked it. Not a whole lot different from the Z Star except i can buy the Z Star BOGO so they're a hell of a lot cheaper.

Callaway Supersoft ... best ball for the buck imo ... good golfing ...

18 holes with Bridgestone e12 Contact. Very predictable roll out with wedges, putts roll true, short irons it just wants to hold a straight line and enough spin to stay within a few yards of the pitch mark. Nice distance and flight off the driver and fairways. Pretty solid ball at a good price point.

Im settling into golf with Srixon Z-Stars. I think they suit my game quite well.

I played a round with Srixon Soft Feel Brites at the executive course near the house. They performed pretty similarly to the white versions in my opinion and didn't seem to detract from anything I was doing to hold greens.

Played '21 ProV1 today. I've been leaning it lately and my TP5x is just a little low spin on irons for me right now. V1 seemed to be a good fit based on recent monitor testing right now, and it was today. Had crept my way into it some last week already just based on what I was seeing on course, and played it a bunch early in the year. Had thought then that it might be my ball for the year, and it might be for now. Still really like it, and it was great off driver and irons out there today in breezy conditions. Hit a 6i bullet to a very uphill and elevated green on the last that just cleared the front edge, and had enough spin to check and rest in 7'. Greens are firm and fast there, and that's impressive in a way I can definitely handle for a little while.

Last edited:
Trying out balls for winter play. Tried the tour speed and it was just okay, Have two rounds in with the TM Tour response. It's long for me off all clubs. Longer than my normal AVX. I like the feel of them also. I think they will perform well in the cold weather. They don't spin as much as the AVX around the greens but that's not a surprise. I get a good run out on the driver with these which will also be great for my winter rounds.

Tour B RX today, per usual. I just love everything about it, and am rarely disappointed by the extreme durability I think it has.

I'd really like to spread out a bit and see a few rounds worth of experiences with other balls, but it's so hard to depart from these.

I love the tour b xs. For me it starts with the feel off the putter face. I like to hear a soft “tock” but not have it too quiet, if that makes sense. From there I work my way backwards towards the tee. Spin around greens, feel and trajectory coming off of mid irons and then woods. But that’s just my process.

I’m intrigued with CSX for sure. Have heard nothing but great things. Just hate the price of premium golf balls now. The Snell balls seem to get good reviews as well. Think I will test the Snell & CSX this fall and see where they land. Just hard to beat the durability of the Tour B’s.

I’ve decided for the Morgan Cup to play the ProV1 or Chromesoft X. It will depend on what one I can find and I’m going to test the triple track this weekend.

I’ve decided for the Morgan Cup to play the ProV1 or Chromesoft X. It will depend on what one I can find and I’m going to test the triple track this weekend.
If I was not playing the ProV1 I think I would be in the Chromesoft category. My problem with chromesoft is I feel less accurate off the tee compared to the ProV1.

I have a sleeve of Bridgestone Tour RX and I shockingly really really like that ball. I don't remember playing them before but loved the way it felt and will be a hard consider when I do another bulk purchase of balls in the future. I have too many TP5's and Pix to run through before I make another purchase.

Tour B RX today, per usual. I just love everything about it, and am rarely disappointed by the extreme durability I think it has.

I'd really like to spread out a bit and see a few rounds worth of experiences with other balls, but it's so hard to depart from these.

I find it really interesting that you play the TourB RX vs the Tour B X (or even XS maybe). Can you elaborate on why you went that way?

I find it really interesting that you play the TourB RX vs the Tour B X (or even XS maybe). Can you elaborate on why you went that way?
I'm not chasing big distance.. It matters very little to me and I've got enough to spare.

I use the RX for the reduction in spin (we saw over 1,000rpm in video between the two), and improved accuracy. I'll take the lowest spin ball off the big clubs that I can get my hands on.

I'm not chasing big distance.. It matters very little to me and I've got enough to spare.

I use the RX for the reduction in spin (we saw over 1,000rpm in video between the two), and improved accuracy. I'll take the lowest spin ball off the big clubs that I can get my hands on.

Makes sense. I'm currently messing with the CSX LS and the distance is there for sure off the tee, but I don't feel like it's appreciably better than the regular CS all around. About time to go back to winter balls but I may have to revisit the RX. Was my go to for years prior to the Grandaddy.

Makes sense. I'm currently messing with the CSX LS and the distance is there for sure off the tee, but I don't feel like it's appreciably better than the regular CS all around. About time to go back to winter balls but I may have to revisit the RX. Was my go to for years prior to the Grandaddy.
Yeah, great ball as well, no doubt!! I actually used one for a little bit the other day.

What's the go-to winter ball?

Yeah, great ball as well, no doubt!! I actually used one for a little bit the other day.

What's the go-to winter ball?

Diablo Tour as I can get them for $20 on sale, so don't care if I lose some in the leaves. If I play any really cold rounds, I'll usually grab a box of Wilson Duos or something similarly soft.

Diablo Tour as I can get them for $20 on sale, so don't care if I lose some in the leaves. If I play any really cold rounds, I'll usually grab a box of Wilson Duos or something similarly soft.

I’ll be switching to a fall ball soon. I prefer to play yellow balls. However, I have difficulty locating yellow balls in the leaves. I have some Titleist Tour Soft balls in white that I’ll be using up.

Back