What Ball Did You Play Last - What Are Your Thoughts?

Had a few days away last week so stuck some Bridgestone Tour B RXS in the bag, along with a couple CSX and CSX LS but didn't end up playing the LS at all - plan was to see how it went playing courses I had never seen before and how many balls would be lost due to the unfamiliarity with the courses

Played the first two days with the Bridgestone and shot 82, 81 with penalties on both days due to some bad bounces that put me in bad spots - the first course was heavily sloped and is definitely a course you need to play a number of times to know where to aim on quite a few holes. The second day saw 2 lost balls, first one due to a bad tee shot pulled into some real thick stuff, and then lost a provisional tee shot straight into water after the first ball took a huge bounce towards the water but I managed to find it in the dge of the hazard and had to take a penalty drop

Off the tee the Bridgestone seems to perform quite well, but I am not convinced it gives me the same distance as the CSX I have been playing lately. It was difficult to determine if it performs as well around the green with being on an unfamiliar course, but it did seem to check up fairly well overall. It definitely feels a lot softer off the putter, but I was able to adjust to that feel

The final day, we were informed that the course had much thicker, longer rough and if you were in it, there was a good chance you might not find your ball, so on the first tee I pulled out a slightly beaten up CSX so that it wouldn't bother me if it did get lost, and despite trying to lose it on the 2nd hole I ended up playing the entire round with it
Despite being an unfamiliar course, it performed as I would expect, long off the driver, excellent on aproaches and full shots (even to the point I spun a number of wedge approaches back), and very comfortable off the putter, but that could be due to how much I have played it recently

I know, it's a real problem! Lol Save yourself from these decisions while you still can. Couple more rounds, and you will start imagining it's better for you in some way. Until you switch again. :LOL:

Sometimes, if I'm a bit off or struggling slightly, I'll switch balls to a "tried and true" gamer. It's probably just a placebo effect, but in most cases that rights the ship and I start playing better :ROFLMAO:.

Sometimes, if I'm a bit off or struggling slightly, I'll switch balls to a "tried and true" gamer. It's probably just a placebo effect, but in most cases that rights the ship and I start playing better :ROFLMAO:.
It's for sure the ball.

Played CSX-LS on Saturday and CS on Sunday.
Loved the short game spin on the LS and the softness of the CS.
Think for August when things are fast and hard, LS will go in the bag and switch to the CS in the Fall.

A Vice Tour. A little brickish but long and backed up a wedge with it.
Got a dz. Real cheap.

CSX. I hit a wide variety of shots. 350+ drives, zipped back partial, controlled mid irons, and a 191y PW. There's nothing it's not capable of in the right hands from the right (meaning wrong) lie. :LOL:

Anyone else in the mid-capper range suddenly realize that they're not losing golf balls all the time, and have it change how you view "expensive" balls?

I'm often not losing any balls at league, and maybe one on 18 holes. My mindset has changed from when I'd lose a sleeve minimum every 9 😁
I feel this deeply. The rounds I can go 18 with one or two balls make we want to play expensive balls. But then going through two sleeves makes me re-consider that position

Played a good stretch with a rogue Bridgestone RX from the bag. I’ve enjoyed the feel and performance every time I’ve pegged one. Makes me wonder sometimes if I should give them an extended run.

I played Callaway Chrome Soft for the first time. I really liked it. Impressive distance but still felt soft.

Left dash ProV1. That is one FIRM golf ball. WOW.

I was playing in a scramble and was planning on aggressive lines and over swinging sooo prepared to lose a few. I used Tour Response from TMade and feel like I got some extra yards off the tee. Chipped one in on the green from 75, but overall ran out a bit more than I wanted.

Played the Wilson Duo Professional for 9 holes.

60 compression, 3-piece, urethane cover. Approx $35 per dozen.

I liked it a lot. Lovely and soft feeling and it goes a good distance with not much sidespin. Greenside spin is supposed to be very good, as good as premium balls according to reviews, but I don't really generate enough to test that.

Will be my current gamer for now.

Played the older version of the Bridgestone e6 for years... but, over the last few I’ve tried various and sundry mfg’s and models. Finally decided to go with something pretty affordable and durable. Well, I’m full circle back to the e6 again! Of course this is the new version... but, it is adequate off the tee... and I just play for it to run out with the wedges. Was always partial to the yellow... so, this is what I’m going with for the rest of 2022.

Played the yellow Q Star Tour yesterday. It's been a while since I played these, and revisiting them makes me wonder why I went away from them in the first place. It's a good performer from tee to green for me.

Been bouncing back and forth with CS and CSX-LS. Think CS fits me better. Have a hard time compressing LS.

I played some V1x. It was good. Such a firm ball. Feels solid. Really like the long iron flight.

Played the MG Senior ball yesterday. Rotate my play with different balls on occasion. The MG Senior is not USGA approved but so what. Played for fun. Seniors with slow swings looking for extra distance can get it with this ball. I'm getting 10 to 15 yds more. Some players get more. The action with approach shots and around the greens ain't bad either.

Good Golfing

As much as I enjoy the Callaway lineup this year I have found myself reaching for Srixon Z Star XV Every round. Not sure why. It works for me though.

I had a stash of original OnCore Avant balls that I have been playing lately. I forgot how much I liked this ball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Played the Chromesoft Truvis today and it did everything I wanted it today and lasted the whole 18, doesn't get much better than that. This is not what I normally play either Srixon or Bridgestone. We have a ball battle now.

Found a TP5 on the first hole. Played 12 holes with it and it did what I expected it to do. The greens were in bad shape so not much to report there. Off the tee and long irons seemed to be similar to my usual Vice Pro +. Storm rolled in which cut our round short.
League tomorrow night so I'll put it back in play.

I was playing srixon trispeed. A three piece. Felt good, no surprises. Had picked up three boxes for half price and hadn't lost more than two or three balls over a month. Looked again, and magically, they were gone. The wife absconded with them. Just found another deal for 43% so picked up three more.

Srixon QST Divide. I think I loved it. Lots of rain earlier, so the ball stopped in its tracks on full swing approaches.

Prov1 for the second time now. I’m enjoying it. Still not the toughest cover but I was getting really good results on some shots

9 holes with the Z Star XV. I like everything about this ball.

9 holes with the previous generation Maxfli Tour. I'm always surprised at how well this ball performs for me. Some of the longest drives I hit the last couple years came when I was playing the Maxfli Tour. If I weren't such a ball snob, I could easily game it exclusively.

Back