What Ball Did You Play Last - What Are Your Thoughts?

I'm late to the game for sure but I got a dozen Cut Blue's and they are excellent balls. Long off the tee and spinny on the greens. I'll play these for a while.

I played the Bridgestone Tour XS , @Jrt13 gave a sleeve to all of us at the Ben Hogan Experience last year & I forgot they were in the bag. Good ball all around. Solid distance with the driver, good feel on all clubs and plenty of spin to hold shots into the green. Pretty durable too, second swing with it, I nail the cart path and it came away with barely a mark. Definitely one to consider moving forward.

Played the ERC Soft Triple Track last round. Feel of the ball overall was good, but I don't know if the alignment aid helps me on the green. I make my reads and align the ball, but if the ball is not aimed exactly perfect and I hit it well it will miss every time. I think that I putt better with no line at all. But I am still experimenting!

I use a solid line and swear by it for putting but I have been working on this for roughly 3 years. It has helped me be a better putter.

Trying to use up some old balls so used some Calloways I bought from Costco a few years ago. Superhots I think at 55 compression. Ball played very well. Reminds me that we have many great products on the market at reasonable price and to me it is a matter of feel, color preference and amount of natural spin ones swing imparts to determine a preferred ball.

I've used Game Golf, off and on for the last few years. Of all the rounds I've recorded prior to using the 2020 CS, my longest drive recorded was just under 250 yards. Since putting the 2020 CS in play on March 25, 17 rounds usually using the driver on 10 holes each round, my longest has been 279 yards and I have had roughly 25 drives that have gone 250 yards or longer. These yardages are not based on scorecard yardages and distance remaining to the pin, nor any other kind of estimate, but are as measured by Game Golf GPS, keeping in mind that GPS accuracy is probably +/- 3 yards.

My average drive as calculated by Game Golf has gone up 8 yards and my "typical drive" (they somehow throw out mishits) has increased by 10 yards - Same driver, same shaft for the last 17 months.

2020 Chrome Soft Yellow TT today. I don't use the TT lines to putt with but the ball flat out performs for me. Great distance off the tee, plenty of spin on the approach shots and around the green. Really like the feel of the 2020 CS off the putter.

Z star XV ... Love that ball not sure it was 100% ball for me but I enjoyed it! Had great drives that were long and in the fairway, a few long itonsninto greens that held. As well as a lot of iron shots turned over.

The last two rounds I’ve played the 2018 CSX and I’m really liking it. The stopping power this has is ridiculous. Greens are less than ideal right now given how much maintenance can be done, but I’m still seeing balls check and stick next to the ball mark.

next time out I need to compare the 2020 CS and the 2018 CSX to gauge how much I’m giving up off the tee.

OnCore Avant55. My go-to ball this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not the last ball I played, but I did play the Srixon Z Star XV for about 15 holes last week. Pleasantly surprised and might have been convinced enough to buy some from lostgolfballs.com, but when I went I saw that they only sell the XV as white. If you want the yellow, you have to buy a Z Star mix.

Played AVX over the weekend and liked the low, straight flights I was getting with it. Didn’t like hitting through the green on approaches over 120 yards, though. Switched to a TP5x, and suddenly I’m high and all over the place, too long on putts. No control at all. Tried a TP5 and didn’t enjoy that one either.

Tried all of the following during the last few weeks:
  • Srixon Soft Feel, Q Star, Q Star Tour
  • Callaway Supersoft
  • Bridgestone e6 (the “new” version, not the Speed/Soft versions)
  • Titleist ProV1, AVX, Tour Soft, Velocity, TruFeel
  • Taylormade Tour Response
Ended up buying a dozen yellow TruFeel. Just as straight as an e6 or Velocity, and responded better for me around the green and putting. Tour Soft was really great too, but not enough to justify the higher price IMO.

Played the Q Star Tour again today. Good ball, I like its performance all around.

Played both Bridgestone B-RX & B-RXS today. Very impressed with the B-RX, felt better off the driver, 3 wood, 4 hybrid and the irons than the B-RXS. Especially good with the 56* full face wedge. Just finished a 3 week ball test using various balls and both 2020 chrome soft and callaway hex tour soft balls were what I liked. This B-RX ball is right there with both of those. Don't know why but the B-RXS did not feel soft at all off all clubs, didn't like it.

I just put some Srixon Z Star XV's into play recently. So far, so good.

I just put some Srixon Z Star XV's into play recently. So far, so good.

Similarly I played the Z Star... That thing is a spinner on approaches and wedges... I didnt pay attention to yardages off the tee but know it was awesome off irons into par 3s and greens from approaches.

Similarly I played the Z Star... That thing is a spinner on approaches and wedges... I didnt pay attention to yardages off the tee but know it was awesome off irons into par 3s and greens from approaches.

You playin' Z Star or Z Star XV? I can notice more short game spin on this XV. Gonna have to get a round where I'm swinging better to be able to get a good feel for it off the tee.

Been playing the Callaway ChromeSoft lately, but pulled a Titleist ProV1 out of my bag last night to play. Definitely felt more firm around the greens. More testing needed. I also have two boxes of TP5 to test as well...

You playin' Z Star or Z Star XV? I can notice more short game spin on this XV. Gonna have to get a round where I'm swinging better to be able to get a good feel for it off the tee.

I have had great success with QST so I tried the Z Star - swing speed is right at the 100mph now... so in my mind either direction Z Star or XV...

The Z-Star is a 3-piece ball featuring a urethane cover, thin ionomer mid-layer and super-soft Fast Layer core. This construction, along with the now firmer mid-layer, is designed to make the ball more resilient and results in higher launch angles and lower driver spin for extra distance.

The Z-Star XV is a 4-piece ball, thanks to the 2-layer core which combines with the Spin Skin SeRM cover and ionomer mid-layer for a slighter firmer feel and more distance for the faster swingers amongst us.

I guess this is where I am not sure what road to take... i feel I get good results from both...i know XV will take some RPMs off drives though too.

Taylormade TP5 Pix. I have 2 and a half dozen of them. Will be awhile before I try something else.

Last year's version of the Truvis. Performs well enough for me.

ChromeSoft 2020 TT. Jury still out. Need to try the X 2020. Good off the Tee but a little shorter than 2019 X. Approach shots sit nicely. Chips and pitches check nicely also. Feels good off the putter.

Back