What Ball Did You Play Last - What Are Your Thoughts?

Tour B RX per usual.

I need to give it more credit to the spin potential around the green. Came up short a couple times because it bit harder than I thought it would.
What are your iron spin numbers like with that ball? Say, a 6-iron into the wind?

I'm trying to remember when you were fit for it, or saw the numbers you wanted from it that made you decide it was for you, and I feel like it was based heavily on total distance and descent angle. Am I remembering that wrong?

Maxfli Tour for the last few rounds. Not sure there is anything that it lacks or anything else I need from a ball. I like trying new stuff, but in this case it will only be for fun and not because I need something better.
Bought 4 dz of the Matte Green Maxfli Tour. I catch them 2 for $35.

I think I paid 2 for $40 a few months ago. At that price it's tough to beat. Same as Cut Blue which I also like. I think the Maxfli is better in the wind though.

What are your iron spin numbers like with that ball? Say, a 6-iron into the wind?

I'm trying to remember when you were fit for it, or saw the numbers you wanted from it that made you decide it was for you, and I feel like it was based heavily on total distance and descent angle. Am I remembering that wrong?
I don't think I have basic spin numbers with them and either of the sets that I'm bouncing around between right now.

Either way, anything to drop spin is what I am looking for, without compromising so many things that are critical like greenside control and basic performance.

I don't think I have basic spin numbers with them and either of the sets that I'm bouncing around between right now.

Either way, anything to drop spin is what I am looking for, without compromising so many things that are critical like greenside control and basic performance.
That's right. I remember now. Thanks.

I had a leftover sleeve of 2019 ChromeSoft X triple track. Not too bad off the tee, I think maybe a few yards short on iron shots for me. Triple track is legit though. Drained some decent putts.

I think I paid 2 for $40 a few months ago. At that price it's tough to beat. Same as Cut Blue which I also like. I think the Maxfli is better in the wind though.
So I know that maxfli used to have your soft, tour x and tour (plain). Does cut blue 4 piece ball feel similar to the maxfli tour? Do you get a good distance off driver and big soon on greens?

Played AVX again today, every time I stray from this ball I find myself coming back to it. Only other ball on my radar is the new Bridgestone

Z star... Felt smushy off driver and great on approach shots... Hit so many greens and stuck them... Xv was long off tee on the hole I used it, not as much spin but still great...hmmm
If you thought the Z Star felt smushy, I can't even imagine how the QST must feel to you! I think the Z Star feels a LOT firmer off the driver than the QST.

If you thought the Z Star felt smushy, I can't even imagine how the QST must feel to you! I think the Z Star feels a LOT firmer off the driver than the QST.
I'll hit them b2b because I don't swing fast and liked the QST

Played AVX again today, every time I stray from this ball I find myself coming back to it. Only other ball on my radar is the new Bridgestone
Which Bridgestone?

Played the DC again. Really liking it.
I played the DC too. So far it’s a good ball, especially for the cost. Long off the tee and good greenside spin. The one issue is durability. I played 18 and found significant scuffs, maybe it was the tree I hit but there was more than 1 scuff mark. Gonna play a new DC tomorrow and see how it lasts.

I tried the Srixon Super Soft tonight. I really liked it, TBH. I felt the feel around the greens was really good even though it lacked a little of the stopping power I have been used to.

Driver felt good, considering the wind and how wet things were. Irons were going usual distance with good feel on the face.

Ball wear was great after 9. No major marks or wear points.

I’ll give these another go during my next round. (3 ball sample pack)

Srixon Z-Star. First hole. 155 yd. 7i. Hop stop - one of those made for TV shots. Cobra F9 7i. Really hot of the face of my 3W. Driver? Not so much, but I think that's the driver because it was hot of the face of my old driver a week earlier. Nice feel around the greens.

The ball made it through a rough 9 holes, hit three trees... no marks or wear to speak of.

Played the chrome soft tt, that I won from @xThor and really liked them. Great off the tee & good stopping on the green. Sucks that I sent 2 of them in the water :mad:. They felt really good off the putter even with really slow greens.

I use a solid line and swear by it for putting but I have been working on this for roughly 3 years. It has helped me be a better putter.

Trying to use up some old balls so used some Calloways I bought from Costco a few years ago. Superhots I think at 55 compression. Ball played very well. Reminds me that we have many great products on the market at reasonable price and to me it is a matter of feel, color preference and amount of natural spin ones swing imparts to determine a preferred ball.
I think you are right on about lots of good balls and it’s a matter of personal preference. Those old super hot 55’s would fly a long ways.

On my last dozen BXS from last year, have a box of TP5 next up.

Srixon Z-Star. First hole. 155 yd. 7i. Hop stop - one of those made for TV shots. Cobra F9 7i. Really hot of the face of my 3W. Driver? Not so much, but I think that's the driver because it was hot of the face of my old driver a week earlier. Nice feel around the greens.

The ball made it through a rough 9 holes, hit three trees... no marks or wear to speak of.

Spin and durability are great with these... a lot of stop and hops or sticking approach shots with less than one foot movement.

Bridgestone Tour B RXS is really good and fun

Played the chrome soft tt, that I won from @xThor and really liked them. Great off the tee & good stopping on the green. Sucks that I sent 2 of them in the water :mad:. They felt really good off the putter even with really slow greens.
Glad they are working out for you! Keep them dry! :LOL:

Anyone play the Callaway Hex from Costco?

A friend of mine gave me a sleeve of Titleist Tour Soft balls this weekend.
I must say, they played very well for my swing. A good mid trajectory when well struck and I actually stopped a 7 iron approach with 1 hop and stop.
It felt good off the club as well.

TP5x - really nice feel on all shots, no reall check but then again the greens are rock hard at the moment

Played the Callaway ERC today. Good ball off the tee and plenty of stopping power around the green. I had a PE that sucked back 12 feet on a par 3. Almost hit a hole in one on another par 3. About a foot and a half away.

The real standout again was the TripleTrack. I putted great. Drained several long putts today.

I played the TP5x today, and it was an experience. I had played what I think is Titleist's version of a hard, low spin ball (left dash) and assumed the TP5x was kind of the same. I'm not so sure though.

It was long. Real long. Consistently long drives, noticeably longer in the irons, and more so than I would have guessed. It feels hard off the face but sounds different than the left dash and doesn't seem as bad because of that. Left dash freaks me out a little off my driver. Feels like something isn't right/broken. It had predictably less spin on short approach shots and chips. Maybe less than the left dash. Felt firm but fine off the putter. I don't mind that as much as too soft.

Good high flight on driver, and felt nice on iron shots.

Honestly, I was pretty surprised by it all. Everyone says it's a rock, but I've definitely felt worse, and the length was pretty impressive.

Back