What Ball Did You Play Last - What Are Your Thoughts?

played the cut blue on the front 9...and the new tp5 pix on the back 5 I played. I think the tp5 held greens better...

I played a couple of different balls the last round, none of which were new and all of them were just rattling around my bag. I usually play Pro Vs, because I was given a ridiculous amount of them that my work colleague had found during his rounds, but thought i was time to give something else a whirl.

Had a Srixon AD333 Tour which I'd never played before and really liked, it felt soft and the distance was great. Stopping power on the green was impressive.

Also the Chrome Soft X which again performed excellently, and the stop on the green was perhaps even better than the Srixon.

Think I'm going to buy a sleeve of each brand new and just see how they continue to perform.

My last nine holes (see breaking 90 thread) I played a Srixon Q star tour yellow on holes 2-9 (yes the same ball) with good results. it seemed to hold the greens better than my last favorite (TM Distance+) We will see going forward.

I played a mix of QST and Z star... still trying to find my groove with which one is best...

I played a mix of QST and Z star... still trying to find my groove with which one is best...
Z star for me please! Really been enjoying that ball.

Played a mix on Saturday. Z-star is great, and I love the feel 150 and in. Not too hard feeling.
Played a Truvis Chromesoft on a few par 3's, and I really like the way it felt of the face. Felt the same as the Z-star to me.
Cut Blue DC I like, but for me on approach shots and green side shots, it's just a bit too hard.
The Vice Pro Soft I played felt really nice as well. Soft off the face, and overall very good.

I'd be happy to play any of these besides the Cut. My decision would come down to price overall I think. I got the Z-star for $20 a dozen, and I'm hard pressed to find a better ball at a better price.

Callaway Supersoft. The distance is nuts on this ball. I’ve hit 4 drives over 290 in my last 2 rounds, which is unheard of for me. Definitely feel like I’m lacking some bite around the greens, but the ball has been relatively forgiving on my longer shots. I’m satisfied with it at my current playing level, but will likely consider a change if my game starts to turn the corner and improve.

Wilson DX3 Spin - older model, it's a 3 piece ball with a surlyn cover (think Bridgestone E12 Soft). Like all Wilsons it feels really soft, there was noticeable spin on full or three quarter shots with the short irons and wedges, all seemed to go nice and high, land softly and stop pretty sharpish. There was a little bit more roll out than I'm used to on shorter or greenside chips, but I played for that and it was at least consistent. Putting felt really nice - I prefer a soft sound and feel - but those who like a click should look elsewhere.

I'm down to my last couple of dozen balls split between 2 types - these and the similar (but urethane covered) Srixon AD333 Tours. I'm going to alternate rounds with each type until I'm down to the bare bones, and then I'm going to have a hunt for a new (read "currently produced") gamer that I can play consistently and not just pick up whatever's on offer like the Steptoe that I am.

Played my last round with Titleist ProV1X; was very impressed by the performance around the green and off the tee. My real issue is it feels a little firmer than I'd normally prefer. I could not argue with the performance though! Very solid performance

Z star for me please! Really been enjoying that ball.

Played a mix on Saturday. Z-star is great, and I love the feel 150 and in. Not too hard feeling.
Played a Truvis Chromesoft on a few par 3's, and I really like the way it felt of the face. Felt the same as the Z-star to me.
Cut Blue DC I like, but for me on approach shots and green side shots, it's just a bit too hard.
The Vice Pro Soft I played felt really nice as well. Soft off the face, and overall very good.

I'd be happy to play any of these besides the Cut. My decision would come down to price overall I think. I got the Z-star for $20 a dozen, and I'm hard pressed to find a better ball at a better price.
the bogo going on now plus the Z stars in the closet are great, but also got some 19s QST

I played the ProV1x last, and I like it for where my swing is right now. Constantly flighting the ball for the wind has lowered my natural trajectory a little when it isn't blowing, and I feel like it helps me a little there.. I like the firmer feel on driver and putter, and enjoy it around the greens. I normally play prov1, which isn't that much different, but I've played a variety of softer and harder balls this year and I feel like my shot selection can be more versatile with the V1x.

Played my last round with Titleist ProV1X; was very impressed by the performance around the green and off the tee. My real issue is it feels a little firmer than I'd normally prefer. I could not argue with the performance though! Very solid performance
Enjoyed the ProV1X when they changed it to higher flight, cuts thru the wind. I agree a bit firmer, but you can adjust to that pretty easily.

I played the OnCore Caliber yesterday. It's a good ball. Unfortunately it looks like they are no longer being made. The Caliber was their mid-tier 3 piece ball between the Elixr and Avant. For whatever reason they no longer make them.

A guy gave me two of those two-ball sleeves of Chrome Soft with the Triple Track markings. I decided on a whim to play them today, it's been several years since I last played a Callaway ball (the 1st-gen Chrome Soft which I didn't particularly like).

Guess it's no surprise. Didn't particularly like the current Chrome Soft either. OK on full wedge and short iron shots but seems to fly low and lack spin on middle and long irons compared to my usual Pro V1x. And due to the low flight the carry distance seems a few yards lacking, just gets on the ground quicker on a 7, 6, 5, 4 iron shot.

Short game wise it putted fine and although I only hit a couple each of bunker and pitch shots, it seemed fine around the green.

Overall, I won't play them again. Kind of wish I hadn't bothered today. I donated them to the shag bag after the round.

I tried something different last night. I had been intrigued by the Vice balls, so bought a tester pack which came with 2 each of all their lines. To say I was surprised would be an understatement. My main two that I was wanting to try were the Pro+ and the Pro Soft. They both felt fantastic off the club face, and the spin around the greens was incredible, even had a couple check back from various distances. Had confidence to go at pins from 100 yards and in because I knew that they would stop.

I couldn't see any difference between them and the usual Pro Vs that I play with, other than being half the price. I'm going to get a couple of dozen and play them for this season and see what the results are.

I played two different balls today, the Cut Grey and a Pro V1x.

Cut Grey: I am not a high spin player so I think the Cut Grey which is a high spin ball, really helped me around the green. Shots that I feel typically would have run off the green (they were pretty fast even after last night's rain) or past the whole checked up nicely for me today. Now I don't try to spin the ball back or anything like that but I felt this ball really checked up nicely off of my short irons and pitch shots. At $20 a dozen, I definitely look forward to playing some more rounds with this ball. I had read a lot of comments that people typically prefer the Blue to the Grey. I will have to try the Blue but I think the Grey is a good choice for me because of the added spin.

Titleist Pro V1x: I had a sleeve of these and kind of wish I didn't put it into play. It was long, felt great off the wedges, and loved it on the green. It was probably 10 yards longer than the Cut Grey but that could have also just been me. I think I would play this regularly if it wasn't for the price. I will be sure to stalk some deals on these if they pop up.

Both balls had a nice firmness off of the putter face which I prefer. I Pro V1x was a little firmer and I felt rolled nicer but I thought both were wonderful on the green. No 3 putts today, so I can't complain about how they performed on the green.

Put the Q-star tour in play yesterday. It keeps reminding me why it’s such a good ball for me, especially for the price. Long drives and iron shots, and plenty of stick around the greens.

Played the Cut Blue on the front 9. Tour BXS on the back... The BXS is just too good. I've known this since I played them for the first time but I was losing balls more frequently then so I "rationed" their use. Great feel off the woods and irons. Great around the green. They work so well... Will I quit putting the Cut Blue, the QST or soft feels into play? No. But if I was to play a round that counted for something, I'm putting a sleeve of BXS in the bag for that round.

I am still playing the same OnCore Caliber from the other day and it is just fine. 36 holes so far. 18, 9, 9.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Received a 2 pack of yellow AVX. On the 11 hole decided to give them a try. Round was uneventful to that point, then finished the round 2 over. They drive nice, chip surprisingly well, and really fit my putter stroke. Have been playing Z Stars most recently.
I think they’re my new gamer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Callaway Supersoft. The distance is nuts on this ball. I’ve hit 4 drives over 290 in my last 2 rounds, which is unheard of for me. Definitely feel like I’m lacking some bite around the greens, but the ball has been relatively forgiving on my longer shots. I’m satisfied with it at my current playing level, but will likely consider a change if my game starts to turn the corner and improve.
I've been going back and forth between the Supersoft and the Q Star Tour. Honestly, I can't discern much of a difference between the two balls as far as performance goes. I like them both and would happily play either of them. One of my friends sold me 7 sleeves of Supersofts for $20 today because he went to a different ball, and I still have a dozen or so QSTs on hand, so I'll be playing them back and forth against each other for a while.

Played Q-Star balls for yesterdays round of golf. Love the feel and the ways it responds in flight.

I played a TP5. I've been kind of comparing them to my usual ProV1 lately. I know there's been a ton of tests showing that they're very very similar in terms of performance, but I swear the TP5 is just a tiny bit longer for me. It's probably just perception, but it feels like it is by a couple yards. I also really like the sound and feel of it. I love the ProV1 obviously, but I'm leaning toward the TP5 lately. I like it. Feels good, long, I don't get spinners off the driver with it, really like the launch characteristics. Especially with long irons. And I like it on my hard putter face. More and more a fan.

Played the TP5 and TP5x today (rep gave me some 2 packs yesterday). TP5x is a good wind ball. Long too. I kind of like the pix visual. I still prefer the Bridgestone Tour B X, esp around the greens.
What kind of distance were you noticing with the x? It really surprised me last week.

What kind of distance were you noticing with the x? It really surprised me last week.

I was getting a little extra off tee shots, maybe 10 yards. I am generally consistent with my driver distance, and it was noticeable. I didn't see an increase with the irons.

Back