What Ball Did You Play Last - What Are Your Thoughts?

Found a Bridgestone E12 soft. I liked it.
Distance as equal to Callaway Supersoft off the tee but felt they dropped and stopped better on green approach shots with irons.

Bridgestone Tour B RX. Does everything well. I like it as much as ProV, TP5, And ZStar.

I have been playing Bridgestone, including the E6 and E12 both of which I like. Weirdly enough I tried one of their tour balls (think it was the RX?) and playing that ball had me slicing right consistently all day long. I haven’t had issues going right in years so wonder if it had to do with it being a more high spin ball. Anyway, didn’t work for me.

I keep coming back to the Calloway Supersoft. It just seems to work best for me.

Went back to my trusty Z Star yesterday. I really am comfortable with the Z Star. I think I get slightly more distance out of the Tour BX and CS but it’s nothing that changes anything for me. First drive of the day was my best ever on hole 1. The advantage of the Z Star over the others is price. I get 2 dozen for less than the cost of 1 dozen of the other two brands. That said I’ll continue alternating with these 3. I like em all and I enjoy playing different balls. Conditions may dictate which I play for the day. The Tour BX is easily the best hitting into a head wind for my game.

I’m played the chrome soft truvus the last couple of rounds. I like it. I bought an ammo reload from rock bottom a few months ago pre convid. After playing the snell blacks and and mtx test pack and a box of Prov1 I got for free the last month and a half it was a little soft feeling for me. I’m definitely going back to the Snell the next time I see a 2 for 1 sale.

SNELL MTB.

Also testing Chrome Soft X Triple Track and Snell MTB-X regarding mid iron spin/how they hold the greens with the mid irons for my swing.

Messed around with a titleist velocity today...

What a great ball for the price. I had low expectations, but wow it outperformed.

Its all about distance and such, but the spin off my wedges was high and unexpected.

Played two different balls today. Front 9 was Z-Star. Was really struggling with it on the tee. Switches to Volvik XT SOFT on the back and felt like the skies opened and the angels sang. So different. So much better for my game. Shot 52 on the front and 42 on the back.

Last edited:
I also played 2 different balls today, Srixon Z Star on the front 9. I really didn't like it at all, but gave it the full 9 holes to see if it grew on me. Just didn't feel like I got enough short game control with it.

Back 9 was a Pro V1, still not as good as the Pro V1x for me, but I didn't take any with me so it was the next best thing

Played TP5 Pix 2.0 again and I'm completely sold that this is the ball I want to play for the remainder of the year. Definitely not expected

Titleist Tour Speed.
Was really surprised by the performance in a good way.
The wedge spin is fantastic.

Was totally shocked by the Titleist Velocity balls I played today - I hit my drives ten yards further on average then the Maxfli Tour balls I loved a couple weeks ago. Chipping was good, but I need to work on getting comfortable with putting these - really enjoy the feel of the Maxfli ball off my putter, don’t quite have the feel for these balls yet.

I played the 2019 CSx TT. The fairways were firm and the greens were soft...so we had very favorable conditions. Still, the CSx TT was flat out awesome. I was unusually close to the green after my tee shot on a short par 4 with the breeze at our backs...with my 3 wood. I think we GPS’d it at 278. Even accounting for the conditions that is just silly for my SS. I had numerous holes where the ball checked up hard or backed up on partial swing wedge shots and approach shots. I am not normally a big spinner of the ball, but I was today. It was so unusual my normal playing partner commented on the spin I was getting. Very happy with the ball today.

Taylormade Tp5x in preperation for the Pix 2.0 being used

Getting used to it now, seems to be pretty much the same as a Pro V1x for me at the moment. Nice ball flight and feel from the club face.

Will be using again next time out

Tour B RX great feeling ball with spin

Bridgestone Tour B XS and it is doing everything I could possibly want, except be yellow.

2020 Callaway Chrome Soft. Played it again on Sunday. Did everything I expected of it. Low spin off the driver found the fairway every time I hit it. Held the green on approaches and par 3's. Need to work with it more around the green.

Gave the Q Soft Tour another try yesterday. The distance isn't great for me, but once again I was impressed by short iron spin and stopping power on longer irons. I struggled to get off the tee consistently, however, so I suspect I'm getting too much spin off the driver.

Played the Bridgestone Tour B RX, the ball Tiger plays. It's a ball that's a little too much ball for my club head speeds but I really enjoyed the results with it. Fairly soft impact feel with good distance, great short game stop action and felt real good off the putter. I play the Callaway Supersoft ball, but this Bstone Tour B RX is not bad. Again too much ball for my game.

Used the TP5x again tonight, I can see myself really using this ball now. Still need to get to grips with it around the green, but I really like the ball flight I get with it

I plan on using the Pix 2.0 soon to see what the alignment aid does for me

Been playing Srixon Z-star several rounds. It does really well off the tee....low spin with the driver. Solid on the fairway with a good bit of touch/feel. It lacks a little touch/softness shortside green and putting IMO...but it's not terrible. Still debating if the tradeoff is worth it.

Played really great golf with the Taylormade Soft Response recently. Seemed to work both off the tee and amazing near the green. I may go back to it and try again

Recently went through a couple boxes of Srixon Z-Star XV's and really liked them. I was playing PRO V1x before and had trouble spinning back off the green on approach (I'm a high swing speed high spin player). The XV's were a great lower spin ball that stopped dead on approach which is what I wanted. Still had awesome ball flight and distance and the slice was more forgiving then the Pro V1x. Great ball that I will definitely buy again.

On a box of Pro V1 now and they are just so solid. Similar to the XV's but feel softer around the greens and I feel like I have more control. Hard to beat the gold standard.

Got V-fit into the Tour BX so I want to try those out and am also looking at trying a box of the chrome soft.

I've been enjoying the QST quite a bit. Seemed like I was striking driver better today and distance was back at a decent spot for me. Exceptional performance around the greens for the price, and for whatever reason really seemed to putt well with it. Soft but not marshmallow off the Toulon milled face. Good feedback from it too.

I'm going to give the Z-star a go. I bought a used batch about 3 months ago but haven't used them yet. It's too hot here to play today or go to the range so I have a session indoors at 5pm.

Ball of the week was Srixon Z Star XV. No complaints at all with the XV. It does what it’s supposed to do. Tee to green it’s a good performer. Not sure between the Z Star and Z Star XV which I like better. More testing to come.

Back