What Ball Did You Play Last - What Are Your Thoughts?

I picked up a dozen TaylorMade Tour Response balls because I was looking for something in the cheaper, but still urethane category while the leaves start to come down here. I've been generally pretty impressed. Good spin in/around greens, and feel is soft without feeling too soft.

Last round I used a couple year old Top Flite Gamer Tour (fall golf). 👎🏻

I was 20 yards short all day. Even when I thought I was all over the pin I was short.

I played a Callaway Super Soft this weekend in a very cold couples tourney. Since the wife was going to be hitting the ball as well, I wanted a softer ball for her swing.
The ball performed quite well. It seemed to give me very close to the distance I get with my normal ball (Chrome Soft). It did have the matte finish that I am not used to, but it didn't bother me. I would like to try this ball next season when the weather warms up for more comparison.

Been playing Saintnine U-PRO last couple of rounds.
Feel like I'm not giving anything up playing a 2pc ball especially for fall golf.

Z Star XV

Z Star XV

Shot 39 with the Z Star XV this morning. Ball is definitely not flying as far right now in Wisconsin, but it still stops where I want it to.

How does it compare to the TP5x for you?

Still playing Chrome Soft Triple Track and loving every second of it. The feel off all my clubs is so good. I still like the Chrome Soft Xs a little more but I’m almost out of those so I’ve switched to the CSs

rainy week here in Ohio - I have two rounds... should I play Pro V1x, Srixon XV, Bridgestone RX, or Srixon Q star?

Pick 2 and I will report back!

rainy week here in Ohio - I have two rounds... should I play Pro V1x, Srixon XV, Bridgestone RX, or Srixon Q star?

Pick 2 and I will report back!
Bridgestone RX and Q-Star

Sounds good! Q Star Tour on tomorrow morning round! RX on Saturday
I picked up some of the new Srixon Soft Feel to try if the weather holds this weekend but not looking to good at this point

Played the Oncore Avant ball today ($30 for 2 doz) and was very happy with the performance. Did not lose one and was within 2 feet on a Par 3! Distance on shots was comparable to other balls I've played.

Played the Oncore Avant ball today ($30 for 2 doz) and was very happy with the performance. Did not lose one and was within 2 feet on a Par 3! Distance on shots was comparable to other balls I've played.
great straight shooting ball. Felt a bit hard to me.

Unfortunately not too many rounds left up here to use them more but I was very happy with my putting as well too.
great straight shooting ball. Felt a bit hard to me.

I played a Callaway Super Soft this weekend in a very cold couples tourney. Since the wife was going to be hitting the ball as well, I wanted a softer ball for her swing.
The ball performed quite well. It seemed to give me very close to the distance I get with my normal ball (Chrome Soft). It did have the matte finish that I am not used to, but it didn't bother me. I would like to try this ball next season when the weather warms up for more comparison.
Such an underrated ball IMO.

I'm still playing the Supersoft Magna. I really can't discern any difference in performance between it and the regular Supersoft. The theory is that the slightly larger size raises the CG and makes it easier to get under the ball, but it's not anything that I could say is significant.

Found a Titleist velocity in pink at work, so decided to have a bit of fun with my regular 3 ball. We play a stableford but to mix it up, we all had to take turns playing the pink ball. Whoever lost it bought the drinks at the end. My first hole was the 3rd. Hit the second to within 6’ and promptly holed for a birdie. Good start. We all played pretty well with it....... until someone hit it into the water on the 13th never to be seen again.
I quite liked it. Plenty of distance, I liked the feel (I prefer a harder ball) and it felt good off the putter face. Where I noticed the big difference was the short game control. My MTB-X will take one small hop and stop, even spin back a little on a good day. Couldn’t get the Titleist to stop at all. Even with a wedge, there was a good 8’ or so of roll. My playing partner was so impressed, he plans to buy a box and put them into play over the Bridgestones he currently uses.

Today I played the CS X Outs I got from Amazon. I figured out what’s wrong with them. They just don’t fly very well. A club and a half short. Other than that they play great.

Playing the Tour B-RX. Really love it off the tee and with my irons. Direction control is awesome. Need to practice around the greens with it, but otherwise very pleased!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Played that same Cut Blue again today...love the feel. doesn't quite check up on the greens very well for me, tho.

Stay away from these. They are rocks!
21abcdfda2e22f7d6c88e450e81230e4.jpg

I gave up after hole 2 and went back to my OnCore Avant55.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Played the 2018 Chrome Soft X Truvis yesterday. Compared to a ProV1X and the 2020 Chrome Soft X offerings, the 2018 Chrome Soft X is not great lol. I lost probably 20 yards off the driver and 10 yards off the irons. Feel is great but I think I'll be putting the rest of my stash into my shag bag or giving them away to friends.

Played my entire previous round with the same Titleist Pro V1x. I crushed the ball off the tee, but the game changer was around the greens. My wedges were spinning like crazy!! All I see is dollar signs when I look at these balls, but I may need to give them serious consideration.

I picked up a dozen TaylorMade Tour Response balls because I was looking for something in the cheaper, but still urethane category while the leaves start to come down here. I've been generally pretty impressed. Good spin in/around greens, and feel is soft without feeling too soft.

How do these stack up with Saintnine?

Anyone going to try the TP5 Pix pizza version?

Anyone going to try the TP5 Pix pizza version?
I’m curious about the ball overall. I found one on the course a few weeks ago and hit some loooong shots with it. Unfortunately, one went looooong into the woods and that’s all she wrote. I’ve never played these before so I may grab a dozen pizza balls to test and hold onto a few to gift a pizza-loving golf buddy.

Back