What Ball Did You Play Last - What Are Your Thoughts?

I’m curious about the ball overall. I found one on the course a few weeks ago and hit some loooong shots with it. Unfortunately, one went looooong into the woods and that’s all she wrote. I’ve never played these before so I may grab a dozen pizza balls to test and hold onto a few to gift a pizza-loving golf buddy.
I like the pix and the TP5. I think the ball performs well and helps aid in putting. I also love pizza and it makes me want to get a dozen but the cheese pizza design is so blah. Maybe if it was pepperoni.

talking about pizza toppings on a golf ball...

Ok so i played QST on Thursday round - rain has creeped into Ohio and conditions were prime for scoring. The Qstar Tour felt great tee to green from start to finish. The drives didnt shatter any records, but consistent and no really terrible movement except on user error due to swing faults im fighting... Approach shots had a few things working for them with this ball. The greens were soft so the roll out was kept in check, but I could tell this ball likes to put out some good spin... Great feel off the putter and excellent experience.

Played the Bridgestone RX on Saturday. This ball was an excellent tee ball that went up and turned over with driver for some great consistent distances. a few long pokes. Felt great on approach shots and par 3s. Great feel off putter.

I liked the RX a lot and think it definitely helped with straight shots. I think the decision is still up in the air, but it is very close. The value is with the QST, but the RX is worthy contender as well. Need to put these head to head as the conditions were vastly different to realistically compare the two in different rounds.

Side note still think Tour Speed is further than both of these, but the spin on RX and QST beats the Tour SPEED.

I played the Kirkland Performance + today, not a bad ball for winter golf. Will give it a few more rounds to see how I get on with it, but I can see this and the Vice Pro Plus being used exclusively over the winter season

I played my last yellow Snell MTB Red. Found it in my second bag and was in the mood to play a yellow ball. I loved it, and have enjoyed the MTB Red each time I've put it in play. I think it is very comparable to the ZStar XV I play often in terms of feel, its a little on the harder side and I like that. Durability is great, yellow color is great, and I like what my eye sees re: ball flight. It seems long, stable, and accurate. Greenside its grippy and has a medium firm feel that I prefer.

I know this ball is no longer made but makes me realize I need to order some MTB-X for 2021. (Or whatever else is new.)

Last edited:
With the season change I’m playing the Srixon Z Star. Today the course was nice and clean but it changes by the day. Good consistency and a great price.

I love this thread. One of my most read, but I feel like it needs a large legal notice at the top of each page, "All posts are anecdotal and results may vary by individual golfer." maybe I work around too many lawyers...

I played my last yellow Snell MTB Red. Found it in my second bag and was in the mood to play a yellow ball. I loved it, and have enjoyed the MTB Red each time I've put it in play. I think it is very comparable to the ZStar XV I play often in terms of feel, its a little on the harder side and I like that. Durability is great, yellow color is great, and I like what my eye sees re: ball flight. It seems long, stable, and accurate. Greenside its grippy and has a medium firm feel that I prefer.

I know this ball is no longer made but makes me realize I need to order some MTB-X for 2021. (Or whatever else is new.)

I had the same situation with the OnCore Caliber. A really nice ball that is no longer available. I have 2 or 3 sleeves left and I wish they were still in n production.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We might be the only 2 people that loved the Red. Haven't tried the MTB-X yet but if it plays similar I probably need to.

Z-Star. Still lovin it!

Optic Yaller TP5...nice and soft. held the greens well. feels great off the woods and irons. nice rolls off the putter...

Optic Yaller TP5...nice and soft. held the greens well. feels great off the woods and irons. nice rolls off the putter...
Yes, great golf ball, and I love the yellow. (y)

Srixon Q-star Tour: Thought I'd give this ball a try this Fall as leaves were falling and easier to lose balls. After 3 rounds, I can say this is a one and done deal. For me, it's just not all that pleasing hitting with irons, doesn't seem to have much spin, nor is it very long with the driver. Nothing of note chipping or putting either. Overall, I'd say this ball isn't bad, but isn't good. Just seems average in everyway.

Played Cut Matte Orange today (Halloween Pumpkin theme) Have to be honest, ball really preformed for me. I was able to draw it off the tee and was totally acceptable off the Wedges, very little roll out. I’d play it again.

Because we are near the end of our season, the greens are now dormant and I have various odds and ends for balls, I actually played four different balls today, including a Snell MTB X, Bridgestone Tour B RX, TaylorMade TP5x, and Callaway ChromeSoft X. Once the weather is colder and the greens are dormant, I notice less difference between the balls, other than how they feel off the driver and putter. It didn’t seem to make a bit of difference which ball I used today.

Chrome Soft TT on the front 9. Great spin around the greens.
Srixon Soft Feel on the back 9. I have played this ball for 27 holes now and the durability is excellent. Plenty of wedge shots with no cover damage. One thing that surprised me is how much better this new ball is compared to the last release. I had a couple short pitches today that I was expecting a bit more rollout. I hit my target landing area both times and the ball hit and checked up instead of rolling out. On approach shots it never rolled out more than 5 feet from the ball mark.

Played a Pro V1x today. Did what it always does for me

Getting my Vice Pro Plus’s tomorrow so they will be used next time out

I played K-Sig balls today. Not sure if they were 3 or 4 piece. They were in my bag for quite a while. Even though I shot one of my usual 100+ rounds I hit my driver very well. I have to believe the ball had a lot to do with it.

Looking forward to trying the new K-Sig 3 piece some time soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I played K-Sig balls today. Not sure if they were 3 or 4 piece. They were in my bag for quite a while. Even though I shot one of my usual 100+ rounds I hit my driver very well. I have to believe the ball had a lot to do with it.

Looking forward to trying the new K-Sig 3 piece some time soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think it was you. That ball for me shows all flaws with driver. It’s a decent ball but it is spinnie.

Q Star Tour. I really like this ball. It’s on the softer side but it just performs. I don’t get great stopping power on approach shots but at this point it doesn’t seem like my game is suffering because of it

I play the Callaway SuperSoft and love it so far. Only downside is even with backspin from a 56* or 60* it still rolls forward more than I like.

Been playing the left dash lately.

Positives:
+Distance off the Tee with D and 3w
+High launch
+Reduced spin on mid and short irons with good greenside spin
+Durability

Negatives:
-Sound. Super loud off the driver.
-Feel. Probably the firmest ball I've used though this maybe more a sound item. If you don't square up with the ball you know it immediately.
-Not readily available and probably won't be an option for long with 2021 ProV1/X coming out soon.

Honestly, the left dash is prov1x that spins more like a proV1. If you like a firm feeling golf ball but already produce enough spin, this is an option. This is not a firm AVX.

Finally got to play a Vice Pro Plus ball. To be honest they play pretty much like the Pro V1 for me, which is just fine

It will definatley be used over the winter period, although I may pick up some yellow ones to make seeing them a little easier

Srixon Soft Feel in yellow. Great off the driver, really good on approach shots. Feels great off the putter with a nice smooth roll.
This ball has really evolved over the generations for Srixons. And at the price point it is a great value. Durability seems to be great, I played the same ball for 42 holes before it had to be discarded for a bad scuff from a cart path.

Callaway super soft bright green. No question this is an easy ball to see in flight and from distances in the fairways, rough, and leaves. All in 4 some agreed. Definitely better than white. Never would have guessed it. Green. Who knew!

Back