What Ball Did You Play Last - What Are Your Thoughts?

2019 prov1x ..........2005 iconic prov1x reincarnated......tried 17 model which performs nice but clicky...... 19 srixon xv another solid offering but I'm fully on the bandwagon of the 2019 prov1x

Srixon Z Stars. Great ball from tee to green. When I put a good swing on it, it performs very well. When I don’t it often does better than expected.

Forgot to post last weekend after my round as I used a different ball to my usual Chromesoft

With the change in temperature recently and swapping to my carry bag for the winter, I decided I would open the box of Titleist NTS Tour S balls that I got as a gift one Christmas that were still sitting on the shelf, mainly because they were white and the bulk of balls left in my bag were yellow/black Truvis and likely to be lost amongst the leaves on my course

In the colder temperature it performed well enough off all clubs, and with the greens being quite soft, there was no problem with roll out on full shots - there were multiple times when the ball was sat in its own mark where it landed
Partial shots and chips around the green were surprisingly responsive, but I do think the soft greens were the main reason for this - it would be interesting to try them again in warmer conditions with firmer greens

Off the putter it felt okay, nothing sticks in my mind to suggest it felt too hard/soft off the putter face

I used the same ball for the entire round and the durability seems fine, so once we are able to get back on the course, I will likely continue to use it over the winter

The last couple of rounds I have used the Snell MTB X and I am kind of smitten. It works really well for me in all aspects of my game. It seems to be as long as anything else. It comes in yellow and it’s a great price. It might actually be my ball for next year.

I played a Gen 1 OnCore Avant today for some practice holes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For this time of year I put the premium balls away and opted for a little bit softer golf ball that if lost I don't care. Lot of leaves on the ground so balls just into the rough could be very difficult to find. I have been gaming the Top Flight D2 plus distance and works fantastic for this time of year.

Regular ball is Q Star and Maxfli tours but slummed it the past two rounds with Top Flite Hammer Control, my new winter ball. It’s a great ball with plenty of distance and surprisingly little roll out. It feels great off all clubs (especially irons) but very hot/springy off the putter so that will take an adjustment. Reminds me a lot of an old favorite the Gamer Soft...@Tanner25.

Last edited:
E6 Bridgestone. Just a great ball, at a great price, that fits my old golfer's swing.

Very obedient ball. It does everything my swing tells it to do. Good, bad, or just so so ball flights, the e6 does them all for me.

My previous favorite, the e7s are no longer available, and I finally ran out of them last month. Tried the e12, but it plays the same as the e6 does for me.

The local box store we shop at is selling the e6 for $19.99 a dozen.

2020 CS Triple Track, love the spin on approach shots and around the green. Also played the Srixon Soft Feel, great off the driver, feels good off the putter.

I played my Gen 1 OnCore Avants again today.

Played Cut Matte today. Still amazed at the short game spin for a non-urethane golf balls. Hit wedge shots that land and turn to the left.

Played Cut Matte today. Still amazed at the short game spin for a non-urethane golf balls. Hit wedge shots that land and turn to the left.

I like those also.

E6 Bridgestone. Just a great ball, at a great price, that fits my old golfer's swing.

Very obedient ball. It does everything my swing tells it to do. Good, bad, or just so so ball flights, the e6 does them all for me.

My previous favorite, the e7s are no longer available, and I finally ran out of them last month. Tried the e12, but it plays the same as the e6 does for me.

The local box store we shop at is selling the e6 for $19.99 a dozen.
The e6 is the straightest ball I've ever hit. It was my gamer for a long time before I replaced it with the Callaway Supersoft (which IMO is an even better ball for about the same price).

So I brought my other bag to the course yesterday and didn’t realize I didn’t have balls in there.... I’ve exclusively played Bridgestone B XS the last 2 years and about 25 rounds with the B X

clubhouse didn’t carry Bridgestone so I had to buy ProV1x. The ball was good, nothing overly impressive, but I’m shocked at how bad the durability was.

the first pic is after 2 holes, the 2nd pic is after 9. I hit no cart paths or trees. In fact I shot my low round of the year at 71 so I was consistent in fairways and greens... but this ball scuffed very easy that I never see with Bridgestone

DB90673E-9927-4C19-A3C0-CE1FA50B48CC.jpeg
E00F8313-666C-478E-B5FD-2B62DA68A899.jpeg

Puttted the Bridgestone Tour B XS back in play yesterday and it will be the gamer going forward, gives me everything I need.

Tried the RXS and it was good but I seemed to lose some driver distance and had more off track drives which may have just been me. Then tried the Tour B X and it was just a bit too hard and not enough feel around and on the green.

Puttted the Bridgestone Tour B XS back in play yesterday and it will be the gamer going forward, gives me everything I need.

Tried the RXS and it was good but I seemed to lose some driver distance and had more off track drives which may have just been me. Then tried the Tour B X and it was just a bit too hard and not enough feel around and on the green.
My thoughts exactly. Pretty sure it will be the full time gamer when our handicap season starts back up in the spring.

I'm assuming you are playing the newest version. Do you notice any differences compared to the previous 2018 model?

My thoughts exactly. Pretty sure it will be the full time gamer when our handicap season starts back up in the spring.

I'm assuming you are playing the newest version. Do you notice any differences compared to the previous 2018 model?

I do think it plays a bit softer than the 2018 version but with my memory it is pretty foggy.

Maxfli Tour in matte green. I played it twice last week primarily because it's the easiest urethane ball for me to track in the low sun and to find among the leaves, but the performance has been a pleasant surprise. I don't get the best green side spin out of it, but driver distance seems to be up there with my favorite tour balls.

The last couple of rounds I have used the Snell MTB X and I am kind of smitten. It works really well for me in all aspects of my game. It seems to be as long as anything else. It comes in yellow and it’s a great price. It might actually be my ball for next year.

I just got my first dozen of these in white and played them twice. Really like the performance so far. Will definitely be giving them a longer look to potentially stick with them for next year. Can’t beat that price if you buy in multiples dozen online.

Pro V1 as price was right (Bday gift)

2020 Chrome Soft. Just a good all around ball, but love it around the greens.

Complaint: ball doesn't float

At this stage of the season and the leaves, I'm not going to be too picky about what I play. I still play my rotation of balls but soon I will switch to a softer ball(like TM soft response) for the winter months.

played the TP5 on the front 9...and my ball of choice, the AVX, on the back 9...the AVX just works better for me. i get great feel off the fw woods and irons, and i get better spin around the greens with it. wish these would go on sale

Back