What ball did you play your last round and what did you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played the Gamer V2 again. Love it. Pumped to get more for such a great deal.

Another round with the yellow Srixon Q-stars. Still very happy with them.

They feel (and fly) like Bridgestone E6's but have less of a tendency to roll right across the greens.

Ken

on the front i played a titleist velocity
on the back i played a callaway hex black
the velocity was a great ball and i was hitting it pretty solid... so solid that it kinda went too far on a hole that i didnt even think the water would come into play but it did

Q star... for a cheaper ball i was VERY impressed with it today. it did everything i would expect a more expensive ball to do. had good spin on approach shots and i was crushing it off the tee. and it felt good off the putter face.

Q star... for a cheaper ball i was VERY impressed with it today. it did everything i would expect a more expensive ball to do. had good spin on approach shots and i was crushing it off the tee. and it felt good off the putter face.

Was this the ball you used for your 69?

I used the FG tour. I love how this ball plays. I get great distance off the tee and I can work magic around the greens. Very underrated. I have played numberous rounds with one ball and minimal damage is on it. great ball!

Penta tp3. I like them. Plenty long. Good spin and good feel off the putter.

Tappin' on the Kingphone.

HX Diablo Tour. I'll probably be hitting these until The Morgan Cup.

Pro V1X 392 (older ones). I will say the Pro V1 line has great stopping power on shots to the green, chipping & putting. Hadn't played them in a while and forgot how strong they are at that.

Last round played the Srixon Z-Star SL in Yellow. I love it off the tee and it will spin. I do NOT love losing one at $44 a 12-pack however...

Slazenger Raw Distance

Great around the greens but way too much spin off the tee box.

I like the FG Tour a good bit, overall a good ball. You were hitting the Q Star much better on the back 9 today, plus it's yellow which is awesome.

Yep, you and JB get a lot more spin on the ball and would benefit from it a lot more than I would. I also did well with the hex chrome the week before back home. A bit more expensive but we'll see. I still have 5-1/2 dozen Q-stars left before I decide go try something else.

I'm going to put it on hold for a bit or maybe I'll sell the remaining 2 dozen that I have

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Callaway Hex Black again. I'm really happy with this ball. Very long for me even though I don't have a fast SS. Pretty straight and great around the greens.

Callaway Hex Black again. I'm really happy with this ball. Very long for me even though I don't have a fast SS. Pretty straight and great around the greens.

I miss that golf ball. I wish I could afford to play it more often. Glad you like it too.

Slazenger Raw Distance

Great around the greens but way too much spin off the tee box.

What are you looking for in a ball around the green? I generally think of the raw distance as a low spin tee-to-green ball.

Go-Go Gadget Signature!

Yep, you and JB get a lot more spin on the ball and would benefit from it a lot more than I would. I also did well with the hex chrome the week before back home. A bit more expensive but we'll see. I still have 5-1/2 dozen Q-stars left before I decide go try something else.

I'm going to put it on hold for a bit or maybe I'll sell the remaining 2 dozen that I have

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

The Q star is one ball I have not yet tried, I really need to try it out.

The same e6 for 27 holes.

I missed this ball, play for the rollout and its just so good to me.

The same e6 for 27 holes.

I missed this ball, play for the rollout and its just so good to me.

I was wondering what ball you played. I used the q stars I thought maybe you gave them a whirl too. I think the e6 is close but I think the q stars are just a little softer. I was really impressed with a cheaper ball. I may be using them more often after yesterday.

I was wondering what ball you played. I used the q stars I thought maybe you gave them a whirl too. I think the e6 is close but I think the q stars are just a little softer. I was really impressed with a cheaper ball. I may be using them more often after yesterday.

See that's what's funny about balls. I still hunk the e6 and q-star are expensive balls. I have never paid over $14 for a dozen balls and anything over 20 is expensive for me, but I guess I'll break down and try out some q's.

The e6's have just traditionally always been super good to me, especially off the tee, and right now I need that more that greenside spin.

I had a yellow Q in my pocket and meant tot try it on a couple holes, but I was rolling ans never did. I think Monday's round will be all Q-Star though.

See that's what's funny about balls. I still hunk the e6 and q-star are expensive balls. I have never paid over $14 for a dozen balls and anything over 20 is expensive for me, but I guess I'll break down and try out some q's.

I only use lostgolfballs for my supplies, especially in a ball like the e6 or Q's that are so durable, it almost doesn't matter what grade you get.

I only use lostgolfballs for my supplies, especially in a ball like the e6 or Q's that are so durable, it almost doesn't matter what grade you get.

I'll check it out, I got some e6's last year from some place and wasn't impressed with the quality but I'll try again, thanks Jman!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back