What ball did you play your last round and what did you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I played the B330-S yesterday and I love it. Solid off the tee and the irons, but it really shines around the greens with the spin I get from it. An all-around solid ball.

I would say it worked out pretty well for you. Congrats, dude!

I actually used a Wilson Zip and Wilson DUO. Both performed nicely. The DUO is just a great golf ball.

played the q and z stars today at a scramble used the q off the tee and the z stars for approach shots and putting. really glad i gave the z stars another chance they really got some really great check up on them on some fast greens. almost to much on a few holes. got a few more sleeves that i will have to give a go here and see how i like them off the tee.

I actually used a Wilson Zip and Wilson DUO. Both performed nicely. The DUO is just a great golf ball.

Agree on the DUO. Used it for the 2nd time Saturday and liked it even better than I did the 1st time out.

Found another Q-Star yellow and loved it. Actually just ended up picking up 2 doz. for the sale they have running. Looking forward to playing the yellow with the brownish grass around here, hoping it helps me see it easier!

Wilson Staff FG Tour. Great ball with a great price.

I played the WS Duo today because it's been raved about everywhere lately and for 20 bucks where can you go wrong if it sucks? I was actually impressed. Usually I play either the TP3, ProV, or the E5 if I'm slumping because they fly higher for me but I gave the Duo it's shot today and it's really an excellent ball. Great off the tee and the fairway, putts well, just lacks some check on the green but lately I'm been using a 9i to chip with and letting it roll (more consistency for me) so the lack of spin really didn't work against me today. I will probably play them again tomorrow.

I played the WS Duo today because it's been raved about everywhere lately and for 20 bucks where can you go wrong if it sucks? I was actually impressed. Usually I play either the TP3, ProV, or the E5 if I'm slumping because they fly higher for me but I gave the Duo it's shot today and it's really an excellent ball. Great off the tee and the fairway, putts well, just lacks some check on the green but lately I'm been using a 9i to chip with and letting it roll (more consistency for me) so the lack of spin really didn't work against me today. I will probably play them again tomorrow.

They really are a great ball for the price.

Played a Wilson Staff Fifty Elite Today that i found just laying there on the first Tee off Box, which made me think *oh god so bad someone just left it here*. So i said to myself its Nov why not try it out and see, so i did.

Driver - Off the driver it felt like the ball was compressing off the my driver, but not a good compressing more of a mushie feeling to me, which i didn't care for. Yardage wise was a little lower for me around 235. were my Z-star is more 245+, high ball flight for me because of my higher swing speed 100- 105mph.

Irons - The mushieness off my irons was there again, but it is a soft cover ball, which some people like, for me i don't. There is very little spin on approach shots * if the greens are hard don't expect it to hook up* but they are long off the irons as well with a med to high ball flight.

Wedges - Felt soft of my Wedges not mushie which was a surprize for me. It was a 2 bounce with some roll out, which is fine if that is how u like your short game to play. not for me though.

Putter - it rolls true, but very muted off my putter face because of its soft cover.

This is a very good ball for Mid to High Handicap players, Why? well , its price for the players it targets is perfect, its a soft feel ball, not like most 2 piece balls that are rocks and do nothing to help someone enjoy the game. They are getting some nice feel and distance with this ball as well as soft feel around the greens with some spin and a soft true roll out with the putter.

This is going in my woman's bag, i know she will like these. maybe she will get a pack??

[h=1][/h]

Question about the Duo for those that have played it. I didn't play this ball until it turned cold, but I have liked it. For those that have played it, did it have similar characteristics when it was warmer, or was it too soft for summer golf? My other balls are like rocks at this point in the cold..

Question about the Duo for those that have played it. I didn't play this ball until it turned cold, but I have liked it. For those that have played it, did it have similar characteristics when it was warmer, or was it too soft for summer golf? My other balls are like rocks at this point in the cold..

I just started using it so I can't comment. It was either in a thread on here or a review I caught elsewhere but someone did mention a difference when it was hot.

Played precept Laddies $20.00 for 24. Just fine for me GHIN 12

Duo yesterday at 45° out.

Plenty of spin on full shots and good distance in driver. Lacked spin on chips and pitches big time. Putting felt amazing though.

Flew much higher than used to.

tapp tapp tapp tappatalk

I played two balls today. I played the Hex Black, and it was the same as normal-nice, low launching tee shots. Great Approach spin, and soft off of the putter.

I also played the prototype Prov1x. I noticed my drives were a bit lower than with the Hex Black, and my drives were still about 250 and I played the same ball for the whole back 9. The approach spin was pretty good and the durability seems to have improved.

Wilson Duo. Meh.

I liked it off the tee, hated the sound/feel with the irons and wedges. More release than I'm used to as well. I do think it could be a solid winter ball when if I can adjust though.

I played the Callaway Hex Diablo today. Really enjoyed it off the tee & around the green, not a bad ball for the price.
I really wish it was available in yellow or red or something else so it could be seen on drier fairways. I saw a few today hit today but lost them in the wide open.

I toyed with the Bridgestone 330 RXS for a few holes today. It was an attempt to play a little softer ball due to the cold weather. It reacted pretty well, but when I shifted back to the B330s I still like those results much better. Specifically the 85-100 yard wedge play. Just felt like I was able to compress the ball better and get the results I'm used to seeing.

I've been playing alot of different balls recently thanks to the knetgolf website. I have also been fortunate enough to try the Orlimar 318UC balls.

Tried the Orlimar's on a practice green the other day. I am really liking the Orlimar balls, not as soft as the Srixon Q Star or the Bridgestone E6 but it just does everything that I want it to around the greens.

Played again with the Wilson 50's and liked them today. Even checked up on the green with little roll out, but not a fan of the durability...seem to scuff up a bit. Ya can't beat it for a winter ball at $10/dz though. The orange is a can't miss in leaves and snow and soft touch on the putter as well.

I played the Titleist NXT Tours yesterday as I had some sitting around. While they were a good 'Fall Ball', no way in hell they replace the Bridgestone B330Rx in my bag. Just didnt found them to roll out too far around the greens and didnt see much/any gain in distance.

I played my last couple of rounds with the Pro V1, and I think I am officially switching from the Callaway Hex Black. I just hit the Pro V1 much farther off the tee and with my irons, and I still get plenty of spin around the greens. I get a little more rollout on short game shots with the Pro V1, but I am quickly adjusting for that.

Been playing the NXT Tour with good results.

Tried some Srixon Q stars this morning since they were on sale and the weather is making a yellow ball a bit easier to find.

I honestly didn't like it at all. Felt like I was hitting a pillow which I'm not a fan of and it just didn't fit my swing well. I played it 2 holes and put it back in the bag and played a TP3 the remaining 16 holes. I like a nice click when a shot is struck well and I didn't hear squat from the Q star. On the plus side, if it does fit your style, these things are TOUGH. Both holes I played it on had full wedge approach shots and the ball doesn't have a mark on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back