What ball did you play your last round and what did you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really want those Wilson Zips... Lol. I've got issues!

Those are funny balls. Extremly soft and very spinny. You never feel like you have hit them hard enough on the green. Off the tee they feel mushy- but they get good distance as long as you keep those shallow dimples clean. On cold cold days you can use them and it still feels like you are playing in August (if you understand what I mean). In October I'll probably bring them back out.

I know what you're saying. We get a cold day or two out here. Not often but it's a very eye opening experience. I'm not a huge fan of mushy but it seems like these hold their distance still?
Those are funny balls. Extremly soft and very spinny. You never feel like you have hit them hard enough on the green. Off the tee they feel mushy- but they get good distance as long as you keep those shallow dimples clean. On cold cold days you can use them and it still feels like you are playing in August (if you understand what I mean). In October I'll probably bring them back out.

Bridgestone B330-RX i couldn't be happier with it.

I know what you're saying. We get a cold day or two out here. Not often but it's a very eye opening experience. I'm not a huge fan of mushy but it seems like these hold their distance still?

Yep- no question about it. I hit them as far as the Trispeeds or AD-333's. In fact they seemed to stay in the air longer than most balls. And they are the only ball I was every able to actually get to spin enough to back up on a green. S0 that was pretty cool. BUT you have to keep them clean. The dimples are so shallow on them that they can get filled in with just a little dirt/grass and that can really affect them. I was cleaning them in the ball washer every 2nd or 3rd hole.

I'm gonna have to keep these in mind. Sounds like a great ball.

Nike TourD. Good distance with a penetrating flight and more than enough spin for me.

NXT Tours for me. But they somehow seem to be attracted to water? :act-up:

I recently picked up some AD-333's that I want to try out...

Srixon Soft Feel. Dick's had them on sale, so I picked up a couple dozen. Theyre decent for the price ($20 a dozen). I find them to be considerably softer off the wedges and putter than a lot of other inexpensive balls Ive used.

I've been testing the Penta and Z-Star X

I got a few boxes of Top Flite Gamer V2's I'm running through right now.

V2 is a great ball. Arent they made Callaway now? How they workin out for you?

Love the X too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do any of you find that you will pick up a dozen of a ball that your normally don't play if you see a smoking deal?

For instance, I picked up a dozen Penta's for $25, B330RX $27 and Tx4's for $5. My ProV's were free courtesy of a ball fitting. I know haha I stopped though.

Where can I pick up Penta's for $25?

Mostly play ProV1x or ProV1 depending on swing and tempo. Even with the ProV1, I can't generate enough spin to stop shots on the green. Very sad!!

Callaway Tour ix

V2 is a great ball. Arent they made Callaway now? How they workin out for you?

Love the X too.

I never thought I would like them but to be honest, I don't think theres another ball out there that would play any better for me. I'm trying to find faults with it but so far it's very solid. It's really straight off the tee and checks up when I need it to.

b330-RXS Pretty solid ball. I'm on the BStone bandwagon lately.

I found them on craigslist :)

Where can I pick up Penta's for $25?

Mostly play ProV1x or ProV1 depending on swing and tempo. Even with the ProV1, I can't generate enough spin to stop shots on the green. Very sad!!

How does the RX compare to the ProV1? Softer? More spin? Distance?

Haven't played this year's pro-V1s but I doubt it can be that different than the previous ones. The ProV1 is softer than the B330-RX and also has more spin. Distance-wise, it depends on what fits your swing. I hit the B330-RX longer than the Pro-V1, but I don't think you can universally say it's a longer ball....that's too swing dependent.

Played the Wilson Maximum.:act-up: $5 a dozen at Walmart. Played em pretty good to. Only lost 2 all day and shot a 67 in a best ball tournament with my buddy.

Last round was an early am round and forgot to re-stock my pentas so I ended up playing my 330rx's that were in the bag. It reminded me again why I love that ball. So I have a dozen pentas left so I have to make a hard decision between the two when I buy some more balls.

Played the Wilson Maximum.:act-up: $5 a dozen at Walmart. Played em pretty good to. Only lost 2 all day and shot a 67 in a best ball tournament with my buddy.
I use those sometimes when my budget is tight. They actually arent a bad ball.

Strictly my opinion here.

While I loved the last gen Pro V1's the new ones are trash.

They get really scuffed for me but I liked the feel. I've talked to a few on the course and they don't seem to like the current models either. Was anything changed with them?
Strictly my opinion here.

While I loved the last gen Pro V1's the new ones are trash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back