What ball did you play your last round and what did you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today was my first day out with the Bridgestone 330rx. The ball seemed to fly pretty decent even though the wind was 25 mph today. I hope the wind dies down tomorrow to really see how these things preform.

After years (decades) of playing Titleist (both balata's and the Pro-V), I bought a dozen Bridgestone Tour B330-S's and played them today.

The short answer is that I like these balls.

They're not quite as "spinny" as the Pro-V's (though they spin quite well), but the tradeoff is that I think they're less likely to go off course on less than perfect hits (at least it seems that way to me).
They're not "clicky" and they feel great off the putter.

Distance-wise, I think they're about the same as the Pro-V's.

I'd like to give the Tour 330, and the RXS a try as well.

I'm not saying that I'll never go back to Titleists, but for the money, the Bridgestone's seem to be a good ball and a good bargain.

Played the first 5 holes out of 9 with a pro v1x it was great, then switched to a e6 and it felt different and i lost some distance but it did come off the hybrid very well and for some reason I can put the e6 really well my speed is always almost perfect.

Bridgestone E7 and Callaway Is. I like the E7 quite a bit because I like a distance ball. Is not so much. Was pretty short off the tee box

prov1x... it lasted the whole round and didnt go swimming

Last used a Taylormade Red I think, was really happy with it till I lost it on the last hole, now gone back to bridgestone e6, got a box so plenty to loose ;-)

Played 9 holes with the callaway tour i (s). I like it a lot but having mixed feelings about to game it or not. There was three tee shots that the ball ballooned bad trajectory looked like a ski jump. Another thing is if you have a small fade or draw there is a chance that it will turn into a slice or a hook, once this ball gets side spinning it just keeps on going. Around the green this ball is great, and plays very well other then the few things i listed. I lost a bit of distance but only really noticeable on the balloon shots. I will have to try the (z) version it is supposed to have less side spin and hopefully no balloon on me.

found a penta today and played it for 9 and wow...I usually play e6's and NXT Tours because the price is right but around the green these were so much easier to stop and I even spun a few PWs back which i've never done before. Now i'm intrigued and may have to go grab a few.

started with a prov1x and it was money till i snap hooked it into the lake on #9
then i took a drop with a b330rx and it was great till i chunked it into the pond on #16
while looking on the edge of the pond i found a topflite xldistance so i took a drop with it
it was a rock... but it gave me my best shot of the day on 18

I didn't play it, but my buddy had a sleeve of the Wilson FG Tours and man, those things are EXTREMELY nice for what he paid for them. One of the softest balls I have felt for sure, and he was murdering drives with it. I have played with him for years and have never seen him play a ball that apparently fits him so well.

found a penta today and played it for 9 and wow...I usually play e6's and NXT Tours because the price is right but around the green these were so much easier to stop and I even spun a few PWs back which i've never done before. Now i'm intrigued and may have to go grab a few.

you may have made a $20/doz mistake. Once you get the spin mojo its hard to go back. I played E6 and other mid priced balls before this season. Once I started playing the good stuff I was hooked. Its nice to hit it at teh stick and have it stop.

you may have made a $20/doz mistake. Once you get the spin mojo its hard to go back. I played E6 and other mid priced balls before this season. Once I started playing the good stuff I was hooked. Its nice to hit it at teh stick and have it stop.

Yeah...it's bad i've been thinking about it alll day. I won a 6 pack in the TM giveaway but now I don't know if I'm going to be able to wait. I have some prov1x's and zstar x's to test out too though so maybe they can hold me over.

b330 something ...cant hate on a ball that listens to you.

Played a Penta today. I really love this ball off the irons, wedges and hybrids. The only thing I dislike is off the driver. I lose just enough distance that I prefer the Callaway Tour i(z) or the Nike One Tour D more. It's not because I balloon it it's just it feels off. Too soft for my taste. Great ball off the putter though! I left my E5's and Callaways at home :(

Used the e6 for the first time on a course today. It was just great! Man I love that ball! Gained about 20yards on my drives and that fade I have almost disapered and thar slice I get from time to time turned into a fade. Love it!

Tappin' for world peace!

I'm interested in giving the Burner TP balls a hit. Comparing them to the Penta.

Taylormade Penta TP, Its amazing. Good distance off the tee and very good around the green

@ The_paulo

They'll be like rocks in comparison i would think...

They'll be like rocks in comparison i would think...

I dunno. I mean, the Penta is super soft, but I think I could handle an ounce less spin going into the green for a bit extra off the tee. The Burner TP is the softer of the Burner range too, as far as I can gather. Feel off the putter would matter. It would take something special to knock the Penta out of place, that's for sure.

I will certainly be interested in your thoughts...

IMO balls either spin or they dont i.e. my Nike One Tour D's should but dont (in my hands), pro v's & Penta's & Srizon Z star's do. I suppose i could say balls under £30 a dozen dont spin and balls over that do. Makes sense i suppose.

You can add Noodle's to the dont list too. Cheap mind!! :D

I will certainly be interested in your thoughts...

IMO balls either spin or they dont i.e. my Nike One Tour D's should but dont (in my hands), pro v's & Penta's & Srizon Z star's do. I suppose i could say balls under £30 a dozen dont spin and balls over that do. Makes sense i suppose.

You can add Noodle's to the dont list too. Cheap mind!! :D

I kinda get where you're going with that thought. There's a lot more to it than that of course, and it's all about how the ball is hit. That's what is so great about ball fittings. Would be nice if we had more live ball fittings in the UK. I'll try to give the Burners a whirl soon and see how they get on.

Ill be interested to hear your thoughts. I thought the Burner TP was extremely soft. It felt like a cotton ball.

I kinda get where you're going with that thought. There's a lot more to it than that of course, and it's all about how the ball is hit. That's what is so great about ball fittings. Would be nice if we had more live ball fittings in the UK. I'll try to give the Burners a whirl soon and see how they get on.

Yeah...it's bad i've been thinking about it alll day. I won a 6 pack in the TM giveaway but now I don't know if I'm going to be able to wait. I have some prov1x's and zstar x's to test out too though so maybe they can hold me over.

The ProV1's will be fine. It will hold you over until the free stuff comes. :D

I went to play in my league night on Wednesday. What I didn't realize was when I switched my bag to walk, I forgot golf balls! So, I went to the pro shop to pick up a dozen e6's but they were out. Did a quick scan of what they had and what would work for me and I gave the Tour B330 a try.

Off the tee I noticed I wasn't getting quite the distance I was with the e6. However, around the green, these things really shined. One hole in particular, I landed on a down hill green about 5 yards from the pin. Figuring I had rolled off the back I brought my wedge and putter. Much to my surprise, I found the ball less than 1" away from the divot it made in the green. I'm very happy with how these performed and will probably continue to game them. I'm really liking the extra spin that this ball gets around the green.

Played the 330-RXS last few rounds with great results....

I'm going to feel bad cheating on it with the new Callaway Diablo balls this weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back