What ball did you play your last round and what did you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just finished play Bella Collina with clients and friends. Played the Nike 20X1 black. Same low ball flight but it's such a piercing ball flight. It spins great around the greens and feel good coming off the putter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha, Im sure the RXS won't mind. They seem like a free spirit type.

Played the 330-RXS last few rounds with great results....

I'm going to feel bad cheating on it with the new Callaway Diablo balls this weekend

Have you thought about the B330S? Maybethat might give you the extra distance? Or the E5? I love the E5. Haha, sorry fanboy.

I went to play in my league night on Wednesday. What I didn't realize was when I switched my bag to walk, I forgot golf balls! So, I went to the pro shop to pick up a dozen e6's but they were out. Did a quick scan of what they had and what would work for me and I gave the Tour B330 a try.

Off the tee I noticed I wasn't getting quite the distance I was with the e6. However, around the green, these things really shined. One hole in particular, I landed on a down hill green about 5 yards from the pin. Figuring I had rolled off the back I brought my wedge and putter. Much to my surprise, I found the ball less than 1" away from the divot it made in the green. I'm very happy with how these performed and will probably continue to game them. I'm really liking the extra spin that this ball gets around the green.

Have you thought about the B330S? Maybethat might give you the extra distance? Or the E5? I love the E5. Haha, sorry fanboy.

I am hoping to game the B330S tomorrow, want to see how it compares to the 330-RX

I played the Pro V1X and I did not like them at all. I was consistently a bit shorter off the driver than with the B330S and Penta. I was playing a scramble and was just using balls that were in my shag bag that I had found.

TapaTalk: Killing my phone's battery since 2010.

Last round I tried out E5s and E6s. I liked them both, the E5 helped me out more with the higher trajectory. They had very good feel and nice distance from the tee also. I might but a sleeve of something new this weekend. Need to test them all lol

Just finished playing a little executive course with a couple left over srixon z star x's. Forgot hoe solid a ball this is. Spinnier than I remember too.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

I have been giving the Nike 20XI X a belting for the past few weeks and seems to be somewhat better than the Tour D as regards controlable spin. Very nice ball.

Can imagine the S version spins like hell though, as does the normal Tour which for me caused a few "too much spin" moments.

Sent from my GT540 using Tapatalk

Back to the yellow RX thanks to Father's Day. I really love that ball. Practiced in the short game area with it last week and it really stopped quickly on pitch shots.

That's gonna be a good test right there. I really liked the B330S. MikeF about to bring it!

I am hoping to game the B330S tomorrow, want to see how it compares to the 330-RX

I found a top flite xl 2000 on the second hole yesterday, and decided heck I`ll game it and see I if really get different results from high end balls. Off the driver it was ok at best, less distance than the prov1 actually. It worked ok with a little more distance of the irons, but no stop whatsoever on approach shots. On the short game it was just terrible, I played on fairly small greens but if I landed in the front of the green it would stop in the fringe on the other side. It felt like putting with a rock as well. And I actually managed to scuff the cover of the ball but no spin at all anyway. So not a good ball at all, and I`ll keep playing the better balls.

If you can get some giddy up on the swing speed, I don't think there's a better overall ball out there. Played it all weekend at the outing and I was smiling ear to ear.

I have been playing the Bridgestone B330's for about a year now...very happy with them..want to try the tm pentas though, see how they play for me....

If you can get some giddy up on the swing speed, I don't think there's a better overall ball out there. Played it all weekend at the outing and I was smiling ear to ear.

I noticed the same thing.

After not having played for over two years, I played the B330S last week on my first time out this year. Naturally, my SS isn't up there yet, but on some drives it clicked and I noticed the difference in distance right away - and it was rather dramatic in some instances. So yes, this ball does require a decent smack to get it to really do its thing.

Otherwise, I really can't find anything I don't like about this ball and I think that after I get several rounds under my belt and get my swing back to where it should be, I'm really going to enjoy this ball.

Had a mixed round with a Bridgestone e7 and a Taylormade Tour Black.

I preferred the Bridgestone, but both seemed to be very solid for me today. Lots of greenside action, and neither gave me much roll on the fairway although the course was a bit wet.

The Bridgestone still comes out on top though.

i found a :taylormade: penta today in my range ball bucket. i played about 16 holes with it before sending it to the watery abyss.

I did the buy 2 dozen get 1 free on the Penta TP and have been using them. They are ok.... last round i played with the Penta and then near the end pulled out a PV1x and hit it like 15yds farther than the Penta. I also airmailed one green on the back nine because i used the PV1x instead of the Penta and forgot about the extra distance. I just love the PV1 and PV1x.... I keep coming back to them.

Bridgestone B330S today, not really sure how it plays to be honest as the conditions were not the best.

Felt nice when putting though

Will use it for the next round to see how it plays in better conditions

Played the Penta today for the first time. They were very hot off the driver, in fact I hit some of my longest drives ever. Also the feel off the putter was amazing! The cover was very soft and putting was amazing with the new ball. I will have to adjust to the irons with the new ball. The launch seemed a ton higher with the Penta. Not entirely sure if it is was all about the new ball, but it was definitely different. I definitely have a new ball in the bag! :D

Srixon Z Star X Tour Yellow Still.

I had played 45 holes straight with one ball but lost that ball today in the reeds. Pulled another Z Star X outta the bag and went on with the round.

Still very good off of the putter. Irons & Hybrids are still very consistent with great ball flight in the wind today. Driver has not been well but it is me, not the ball. Very very impressed with the Z Star X after gaming them for 54 holes in the last 2 weekends.

Bridgestone B330S today, not really sure how it plays to be honest as the conditions were not the best.

Felt nice when putting though

Will use it for the next round to see how it plays in better conditions

Don't forget that the 330S and RX are made for completely different SS. So it's not really fair to compare them imho :) and also might have been that what caused your problems.

Tappin' for world peace!

Has anyone got any feelings on the B330 rather than the s or xs versions. Have done the online fitting thing and suggests i need the normal one rather than the other versions. Currently trialing the Nike 20XI X bur keep hearing such good things on heee about 330 range.

sent using Tapatalk for Android

Nike 20xi... Only ball I've broken 80 with (2 for 2) so I'm sold on them.

Nike 20xi... Only ball I've broken 80 with (2 for 2) so I'm sold on them.

How have they held up,I know there was discussion of the outside cutting easy

Don't forget that the 330S and RX are made for completely different SS. So it's not really fair to compare them imho :) and also might have been that what caused your problems.

Tappin' for world peace!

My problem yesterday was hitting it fat, my tee game was fine.

Going to give the ball another chance tomorrow to see how it performs.

Wilson Maximum.

Full 52 degree wedge into a soft green from 90 yards. Rolled out 6 feet. Ouch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back