What ball did you play your last round and what did you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played the Callaway iZ today and it was surprisingly nice. It had a nice penetrating ball flight and it spun around the same as my B330-S around the green.

Played the Vision X3. And Liked it a lot. Then I have been playing it for a while now.

bridgestone e7... it lasted most of the whole round but between the cartpath and my jaws wedges it got pretty thrashed

Vision UV X3 and I loved them. Cant wait to play them again tomorrow!

I play the Nike Mojo and love it for the price.

finally played the new provx's and in comparison to the older model they seem more durable and a little firmer, which i tend to prefer.

Played a Nike one tour d today. Great ball! Long as my RX, great around the green and feels very similar to the RX off the putter. I did notice it seemed a little better at checking on short shots around the green.

--
tapatalk

Played 9 holes with the Bridgestone 330 rx this morning. It played pretty well, for as bad as my game was today. Longer off the tee then the e6 for me.

I haven't played yet (first days of rain in 6 weeks), but I got a free sleeve of Pentas. I am dying to try them out. Heard a lot of good stuff about them! Might have to wait until Tuesday :banghead:

Played the E6 in yellow yesterday. I am sure the E6 is the best ball for me at this point but it was the first time using the yellow ball. It did seem a little easier to find than the white but the best thing was knowing exactly which was mine and not someone else's in my group due to the color. I will be checking out the thread on the Vision calls but due to lack of local availability it may be a tough change.

Z-Star Yellow again yesterday. 3 rounds and I've only lost one.

I'm really liking the performance of it though, still haven't gone Head to Head with an RX because I just love the yellow and my RX's are all white lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I gamed callaways hx hot plus yesterday and it did pretty good. They felt good off the Putter and had decent green side spin. I hit my longest drive all year yesterday with the hx hot 296 yards. It felt real good off the driver and has real good distance. I hope I don't loose them anytime soon.

Played a Bridgestone B330S last weekend. First par 3 168 yards - knocked it about 2 feet from the pin and then watched it spin back about 10 feet off the front of the green, down a hill and into a pond. I guess the have the S at the end for a reason! SPpppinnnnnnn

Played with the free Penta's I received in the give away. They performed OK for me but nothing about them made me want to go out and buy some....especially at the price point they are at. Didn't see much difference in distance and I'm not much of a spinner into greens so no change there either...

I played with the Vision UV:X3 Tour quality ball and I can testify this dawg will hunt :thumb:

P.S. Check out the testers thread on this ball for more info.

I found a Bridgestone B330-S today and all I can say is wow. It was nice and soft, straight, had great feel off the driver and irons, soft off the putter and spun like crazy. Usually I have trouble getting my 54* to check up on partial shots but this ball seemed to be a green magnet.

Played the Vision UV X3 ball again today. Amazing ball!

TaylorMade Penta TP again for me, definitely my new ball. Feels so nice with every club and getting a good deal of control around the green.

Will be using the Vision X3 next time out though, wonder how it will compare. Not decided if it will be the white or yellow though

Bought some WS C25s on sale, played them last week three rounds, not real happy. It's an okay ball play wise but my wedges really shred these fast, more than any other ball I have tried. I loved Zips but these pale in comparison for me, to top it off I was cleaning up clubs and bag and found that one of the C25s had cracked, have cut balatas before but never cracked a ball before, first thought I maybe caught it thin and cut it but the crack runs crooked and has no indentation or deformation from impact. Won't be buying any more.

Went back to E6s today, still second only to the 330RX for me, if I could find a deal on 330Rxs would play nothing else.

I gamed the C:25 for over a year and never had any ball to crack and i went thru a truckload of em so,it had to be a rare defect.I agree the cover on them is softer and scuffs fairly easy but it wasnt that bad for me.I liked the C:25 ALOT and it was hard for me to make the switch to the cally I(z) but,i needed more urethane type spin on the greens.I finally found a urethane ball that had that type of spin on the green and low driver spin at the same time and,it was time to move on.The C:25 has a higher compression than the zip so,comparing the 2 balls is like apples to oranges i think.You probably prefer low compression balls since you like the zip and e6(which are both low compression).

Callaway IZ yesterday, solid ball off of the tee, pretty good around the greens, didnt like it quite as much as my Pentas

I gamed the C:25 for over a year and never had any ball to crack and i went thru a truckload of em so,it had to be a rare defect.I agree the cover on them is softer and scuffs fairly easy but it wasnt that bad for me.I liked the C:25 ALOT and it was hard for me to make the switch to the cally I(z) but,i needed more urethane type spin on the greens.I finally found a urethane ball that had that type of spin on the green and low driver spin at the same time and,it was time to move on.The C:25 has a higher compression than the zip so,comparing the 2 balls is like apples to oranges i think.You probably prefer low compression balls since you like the zip and e6(which are both low compression).

C25 is not a bad ball, just not my liking and yes I like hitting marshmallows. It really is on the low end for durability for my grooves as I've had only a few other balls get this chewed up. I know my wedges have very sharp grooves but even my irons were shaving this ball. My all time favorite is still B330RX but I'm so cheap I hate spending that much money on golf balls.

I found a Bridgestone B330-S today and all I can say is wow. It was nice and soft, straight, had great feel off the driver and irons, soft off the putter and spun like crazy. Usually I have trouble getting my 54* to check up on partial shots but this ball seemed to be a green magnet.

Dude one of these ended up in my possession as well and my description is exactly the same.

I've been buying the NXT Tours by the dozen at WalMart but I might have to make the leap into the B330-S. I just can't bring myself to pay that much if I'm going to lose them though...

still playing the b330 series. Didn't lose it yesterday so I like. I'm thinking next week to change it up so I know how good it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back