What ball did you play your last round and what did you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last round I played a Callaway Tour i(S) as I continue my search for a ball for The Morgan Cup. I used the (Z) the round before and I think I've decided that the differences in distance aren't enough for me to sacrifice that much feel to go with the (Z)..that Tour i(S) is money!

Ill be doing that this weekend dude. I just happened upon 2 sleeves of the i(s). Fitted for the Z and will be playing that, but figured why not?

Hit em well.

Last round I played a Callaway Tour i(S) as I continue my search for a ball for The Morgan Cup. I used the (Z) the round before and I think I've decided that the differences in distance aren't enough for me to sacrifice that much feel to go with the (Z)..that Tour i(S) is money!

All this Vision golf ball talk really hasme thinking. Boz seems to really be behind his product and how can you not love that? Might be something to look into.

Dude one of these ended up in my possession as well and my description is exactly the same.

I've been buying the NXT Tours by the dozen at WalMart but I might have to make the leap into the B330-S. I just can't bring myself to pay that much if I'm going to lose them though...

Buy them used... Much cheaper, and still quality ball! I ordered a bucket of 50 for 52 bux... hard to beat!

Buy them used... Much cheaper, and still quality ball! I ordered a bucket of 50 for 52 bux... hard to beat!

I agree...90% of the balls I put into play are used. Till I shoot in the low 80's I'm sticking with the less expensive option of buying them used.

Dude one of these ended up in my possession as well and my description is exactly the same.

I've been buying the NXT Tours by the dozen at WalMart but I might have to make the leap into the B330-S. I just can't bring myself to pay that much if I'm going to lose them though...

Got the one from my father because he swears by them. He actually picks them up somewhat cheap. Gets the AAAAA ones from those lost golf ball sites. Not sure which one it was, but he said he was able to use a 20% off coupon on the total order.

I bought AAAA (4A's, 2nd quality) and there was only one ball with a scuff on it... All the others looked like they've only been played once. None of them have damaged covers, but some have grass stains or player markings (sharpies)

I bought AAAA (4A's, 2nd quality) and there was only one ball with a scuff on it... All the others looked like they've only been played once. None of them have damaged covers, but some have grass stains or player markings (sharpies)

I actually like getting the used ones, get some cool logo's sometimes. Not sure where I saw the report, but using a used ball only affected distance by like 2 yards. Wish I could dig it up now, no clue where I read it.

Played a Penta again. I love them.

played a taylormade tp red i think it was... i like it but the way my swing is right now i couldnt tell if i would game it all the time

started with a callaway diablo lost it in the woods
then played a nike crush that went swimming
finished with a pro v

Vision UV X3. Lackluster round. Bad day off the tee, so-so on the green. Lost two of them. one on hole 10 and one on hole 14 (only played the back nine).

Played a yellow srixon trispeed tour today. It is one of the longest balls I have played and checks well on the greens not as good as the z-stars I was playing. I think I'm going to make this my new ball to use.

I played the :bridgestone: e7 today.. Haven't played one in a while even though they are pretty much all that is in my bag..

Still love them.. Decent action, and the cover doesn't seem to wear the way most balls do.. Had some BIG drives with it too.

played some of my 2 dozen for 15 nike mojo's. def worth what i played but weared terribly. cleveland zip grooves did a number on them.

Been playing a sleeve of Tour iz lately, they react real nice around the greens and a nice soft feel on the putter.

Played about half a round with a ProV1X....which, with my slow SS you might think is not the right ball. I LOVED it, it's straighter and therefore more usable distance for me than an E5 (which I still like OK). Had a similar experiece last week, was hitting a sleeve of RX-S's very crooked went to the V1X and voila my game came around because I was in the fairway off the blocks. I do prefer a urethane ball around the greens, I have to rely a lot on getting up and down for pars and bogeys.

A friend gave me a sleeve of Srixon AD333's so I gave them a shot today.
Not a bad ball. Pretty straight off the tee for me. Normal distance off the tee as well. Felt OK off the putter and irons.
I'm not a big spinner into greens but I was able to get it to check up for me a few times.
I'd play it again if I had to.

started yesterday with a hx diablo tour lost it after 10 then played a pro v1 til 12 then i lost that and finished out with another hx diablo tour

started yesterday with a hx diablo tour lost it after 10 then played a pro v1 til 12 then i lost that and finished out with another hx diablo tour

sounds like my rounds lol

Been playing a sleeve of Tour iz lately, they react real nice around the greens and a nice soft feel on the putter.

I like the I(z) as well....fairly long off the tee too. You know what ball is like that too? The HX Diablo Tour. And it's cheaper.....

^^^^^^ I Tapped That ^^^^^^

Played today with a TM Penta. I love this ball, hitting it straighter off the tee, and love the feel around the green.

Played Nike vapor as I was on a ball collector course. They were nice! I did not feel bad losing two of them like I do with penta's. Penta's they are not but for 10 bucks a doz, could not go wrong. They were good off drives, felt good putting, lacked some spin off wedges-my fault I am sure

Played a Srixon Z-Star X yellow yesterday. I was getting tired of spending a ton of time looking for balls in the rough and the yellow was much more visible. Unfortunately the yellow doesn't help the two that ended in the water or the two slices into the really really deep stuff. Overall I was impressed though, good distance off the tee and the ball checked up well when I hit the greens.

I played the Callaway Tour (is). Overall I liked the ball. Felt that the spin around the greens was good. However, on several drives I felt the the distance was a little short for how well struck the shot was. Did not have this happen with the irons.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk

Gave the Nike 20XI-S balls a try and liked them. I didn't play them side by side against anything so it was hard to tell how they compare distance wise to my normal balls, Penta and ProV1. Seemed like they were flying good. Felt good off the club face and had good action off the short irons and around the green.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back