What ball did you play your last round and what did you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
played a nike pd soft today... only got 5 holes in but it was an okay ball

PD Soft was my ball of choice for a long time. Still game them every now and then.

TapaTalk...THP on the fly!

PD Soft was my ball of choice for a long time. Still game them every now and then.

TapaTalk...THP on the fly!

great price for a decent ball

I played a yellow Bridgestone e6 yesterday and shot 40/40. Not my best of the year but close. As much as I love the B330RX, I really like the e6 as well. The yellow is nice also. Very easy to track in the air and find in the grass.

Wilson Staff DX2 Soft for me. Started playing it because I got them as a present when I first started playing golf and liked them. They're also easy to identify on the course as I seem to be the only persone who plays them.

I like the feel off the putter more than anything - they don't jump off the face like a soft ball and seem to give me more control over my speed. Also feel better off the scoring irons and I seem to generate a little spin from them meaning that I've more chance of stopping the ball on the green rather than rolling on through.

Wilson Staff DX2 Soft for me. Started playing it because I got them as a present when I first started playing golf and liked them. They're also easy to identify on the course as I seem to be the only persone who plays them.

I like the feel off the putter more than anything - they don't jump off the face like a soft ball and seem to give me more control over my speed. Also feel better off the scoring irons and I seem to generate a little spin from them meaning that I've more chance of stopping the ball on the green rather than rolling on through.

I've yet to play a full round with one, but I quite liked the limited practice I've had with them, considering the low price!

Been playing Pro V1's, I switched to the Bridgestone 330 S and I have really been impressed with the durablilty of the 330 S, great distance and workability and the touch around the greens is great. I played a 2man scramble this weekend and was able to buy my team after the round on Saturday in the calcutta, got us cheap, went out on Sunday and tied low round of the day, so the 330 S was $$$$$ on Sunday, I'm going to keep playing this ball for my next couple of tournaments.

still gaming the 2010 E5 and it's still going good. :D

played the nike pd soft again today and it last 18 long holes... time to retire it since my jaws wedges ripped the cover in a few spots

I played the Bridgestone300RX thanks to MattyKrak!

I finally got out to test the penta, I loved the feel of the irons and the spin around the green. But I got the feeling it was a bit shorter than the prov1. I have not decided yet, will give some more time. But has anyone else felt that it was a bit on the short side?

I finally got out to test the penta, I loved the feel of the irons and the spin around the green. But I got the feeling it was a bit shorter than the prov1. I have not decided yet, will give some more time. But has anyone else felt that it was a bit on the short side?

For me, the penta is significantly longer than the prov1. It all comes down to swing speed and which ball has the better compression numbers for you. The prov1 is a little easier tp compress if I remember correctly.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

played a yellow srixon zstar thru 16 holes... love the ball but i can never go a whole round with just one of them

Played a Pro v1..I usually play well with this ball. Today was average.

Again, the Srixon AD333. Really liking this ball a lot.

Nike Crush for my 9 hole league. Like the feel of the ball, get good distance off the tee and feels good around the green. Good ball for a nice price.

played the nike pd soft again today and it last 18 long holes... time to retire it since my jaws wedges ripped the cover in a few spots

I go through a good bit of balls with my jaws wedge, i feel your pain.

Been playing Top Flite Gamer V2s lately. Like them a lot (cost/performace compared to my skill level) but am going to pick up a couple dozen Wilson Staff Zips to try out... I have heard/read good things and they are really low priced right now.

Played my singles knockout matchplay (took a 4 handicapper down 18 but he hit a wonder shot off a massive hill over 200 yards to 10 feet, game over) and thought i would put back in play a pro v1x (instead of Nike One Tour D).

Better feel, better sound (doesnt mean anything i know) and much better fell and control around greens.

2010 Srixon Z-Star in yellow. Great ball! Nice touch around the green, easy to see. Also used a Bridgestone e6 yellow on one hole. Definitely not as soft, but no noticeable difference in length.

TP burner black? I think...For some reason I switch back to my B330 because I felt uneasy hitting anything else...Does that make sense?

played a srixon zurc i found at the bottem of my bag would say it was longer than my z star but not as soft still got good spin with my wedges. was very durable too lasted a good 16 holes.
i then found a nxt tour and thought i would give it a go for the last few holes. seems to bomb off the driver and wasnt too bad around the greens the ball flight was alot higher than the srixon mite game it again tomorrow.

Bought a box of Bridgestone B330-RXS balls that cost as much as my round of golf. Couldnt tell the difference between the Bridgestones and the Maxfli's that I have been playing. I think I will stick with the Maxfli's for now. I just can't justify the difference in cost.

I played one of the Pentas that I won from Taylormade. I used it for all 18 holes, it held up very well. I love the spin around the greens. It is much more noticeable than in some other premium balls. It also feels very good off the putter. This may replace the z star for me.

Tried some Wilson eco balls today that my buddy insisted i should hit. Probably because he was trying to get rid of them. like hitting rocks... rock off the driver, rock off the wedges.. rock off the putter.

Same as I have all season. Srixon AD333.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back