What ball did you play your last round and what did you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tmex

Paul Casey, WINNER!
Reaction score
Handicap
RCGA 14.2
I have found a ball I really like. Only problem is I keep finding awesome deals on other really good balls.

I know there is a very big importance in ball fitting. I will get fit again but I figure a lot of you might be in the same place as me and are just experimenting with different balls for various reasons.

My question is what ball did you play your last round and how did it fair for you? Are you sticking with the same ball each round?

Played the Bridgestone B330-RX and I love it. Going to keep playing it till something better comes out.

Tmade Penta. It scuffs pretty easy, but im making it work out. Only went through 2, compared to probably 6 provs

Last round I played with a free Sleeve of Prov1 because I felt they would be good water balls HA.

I loved these balls. After losing 2 of the others on the front 9, I didn't lose a single Prov1 once I switched. I liked the feel on the old BP's and off the driver they were pretty good. Maybe because I didn't focus on losing them I was more relaxed. Titleist has escaped my wrath. For now.

Have a box of RX's gonna try soon. I've been put on notice for buying golf balls so nothing should come up before them.

I loved the Pentas. I don't have a really high SS but I felt these were very smooth to play.

I use a Pro V1x the majority of the time. I like to use the same ball for consistency. If I am playing a scramble or just goofing off, I might use whatever else I pull out of the bag. But any serious round is a Pro V1x.

Bridgestone B330-S and they worked great like they always do! I am continually impressed with the durability of this ball, best tour ball I've played in that regard!

I played a quick 9 hole round Sunday after my softball game(1st round of playoffs and we got mercy ruled...we suck). I used a srixon trispeed(received a pack for xmas) and a srixon zstar.

Tmade Penta. It scuffs pretty easy, but im making it work out. Only went through 2, compared to probably 6 provs

I haven't had any problems with these scuffing. I got 2 rounds out of my last one easily.

Last round I played a Titleist ProV1. I find it quite a bit shorter than the TM Penta, but just a bit more dancing on the green. Just a little on the soft side for me.

Normally play the e6, but I ran out of them after a couple bad rounds. I have a ton of balls in my basement, so I've been using them lately. I played a Nike Power Distance Soft and a Titleist Solo last time out. Both are pretty good for my game, but they didn't seem to stop as fast as the e6 for me. Not that any of the three are particularly spinny, but it seems like I was running over greens a bit more my last time out.

Our greens are really dry and fast right now. Shots that normally wouldnt have gone too far rolled off into practice bunkers on the other side of the greens on Sunday lol. At least the sand was soft. Thats when I stopped playing my PD Softs. Great balls for me though just not on that day!

Normally play the e6, but I ran out of them after a couple bad rounds. I have a ton of balls in my basement, so I've been using them lately. I played a Nike Power Distance Soft and a Titleist Solo last time out. Both are pretty good for my game, but they didn't seem to stop as fast as the e6 for me. Not that any of the three are particularly spinny, but it seems like I was running over greens a bit more my last time out.

Do any of you find that you will pick up a dozen of a ball that your normally don't play if you see a smoking deal?

For instance, I picked up a dozen Penta's for $25, B330RX $27 and Tx4's for $5. My ProV's were free courtesy of a ball fitting. I know haha I stopped though.

Yea, I was wondering if that was the issue too. The entire course was dry and the greens are starting to look a little burnt out.

Craigslist... The guy said that he didn't like the way they played. Definitely thought about whether or not it was legit prior to purchasing. Partly why I haven't hit the box yet (tried a sleeve before).
$25 for a dz of penta's?How?

Titleist NXT Tour. First time really giving them a test drive. I liked it, very good distance, enough spin around the greens, no ballooning with any club, and durable. I'll run with these and Trispeed Tours as my "go to" balls for now.

I played an Bridgestone e6 last Tuesday and played OK with it. I actually like it better than the e7 I was fitted for. I know I need to give the e7 more of a chance though.

I was fit for the e6 and have been trying to play exclusively with it since. I do still have a few left over Nike Vapors so they get put into rotation every once and a while.

Do any of you find that you will pick up a dozen of a ball that your normally don't play if you see a smoking deal?

Not really. If I'm going to buy them, they will be my regular balls. I just happened to get 8 dozen different brands for Christmas.

I went on a tear. Not sure why. But it stopped. It felt like when I was getting back into the game I just kept tearing through sets until I settled on my Clevelands. Learned my lesson to just try sleeves if Im going to test.
Not really. If I'm going to buy them, they will be my regular balls. I just happened to get 8 dozen different brands for Christmas.

Was fitted for the e6 and been playing those as well as the Noodle long & soft (that's what she said.....).

Like them both but favor the e6's.

I didn't play my Precepts or the Srixons on Sunday. Instead, I resorted back to the Lady Pinnacles (in a light lavender color!) But I was uneasy with my game, esp. with trying out the 3w so I went the safer route and only lost 4 of those haa haa, but they're cheapy balls, unlike the Srixons! I did change balls mid round though...I started the round with the Wilson Hope golf balls, the pastel colored ones (I got them as a gift, so why not use them when I'm not having that great of a game and working on other stuff :confused2:) But after losing all of those, I switched back to the Pinnacles haa haa

Lol I've had days like this. Last Sunday hahaha.
I didn't play my Precepts or the Srixons on Sunday. Instead, I resorted back to the Lady Pinnacles (in a light lavender color!) But I was uneasy with my game, esp. with trying out the 3w so I went the safer route and only lost 4 of those haa haa, but they're cheapy balls, unlike the Srixons! I did change balls mid round though...I started the round with the Wilson Hope golf balls, the pastel colored ones (I got them as a gift, so why not use them when I'm not having that great of a game and working on other stuff :confused2:) But after losing all of those, I switched back to the Pinnacles haa haa

I have gone through the TriSpeed, E6, Crush and I have the AD-333 balls in the bag now. Only played two rounds with them, but I like them a lot.

If I had to chose now I would say that the TriSpeed have been the best ones for me- but I need a few more rounds with the AD-333's first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back