What ball would you recommend for a beginner?

Noodle Long and Soft, Srixon Soft Feel.

Srixon Q Star Tours or Callaway ERC Softs. Both are really quality!

For the brand new beginner who is prone to losing balls, I'd recommend those cheaper Nitro balls. They fly pretty well, and at $0.50 a piece retail ($5.98 p/dozen at Walmart) a newbie can't really go wrong. They also come in assorted colors.

Once the newbie developes a decent consistent ball flight, then they should give the Bridgestone e6 a try.
Aren't those around a 900 compression?

Aren't those around a 900 compression?
I don't know what the compression is. I've hit the red ones while practicing. They don't feel much different than an e6 ball off my irons, and woods. Not real good off the putter face though.

I'm not real sure id they are legal in sanctioned play.

They are just playable, fly a long ways, and dirt cheap. Just right for the aspiring golfer who tends to lose balls.

Supersoft. They are a good ball and pretty cheap

Cut Blue 19.99 with prime shipping.

I think everyone has good advice on balls here, I think you don't want to spend to much money on balls early in your career. You can lose a lot of balls quickly.

I recommend anything under $20 would be a wise choice. Cut has some priced at $10.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

I would say the cheapest balls they can find. They are going to lose them rapidly and they won't have much consistency or touch yet.

Always a soft one. It’ll feel better with all those mishits

Personally, I would suggest whatever ball they feel comfortable with losing. Now- that could depend on the course they play- a wide open place with little trouble? Maybe go for a ball in the mid range $$$. Water on 17 holes, forced carries, etc? Buy second hand in bulk. Having said that- I think I mentioned playing with a guy last year who lost over a dozen balls in 12 holes. Hit it a mile- just not on the same planet. He played ProV1’s because “he got fitted for them because they suited his swing”. Didn’t seem to bat an eye over the $$ he was essentially throwing away.

Personally, I would suggest whatever ball they feel comfortable with losing. Now- that could depend on the course they play- a wide open place with little trouble? Maybe go for a ball in the mid range $$$. Water on 17 holes, forced carries, etc? Buy second hand in bulk. Having said that- I think I mentioned playing with a guy last year who lost over a dozen balls in 12 holes. Hit it a mile- just not on the same planet. He played ProV1’s because “he got fitted for them because they suited his swing”. Didn’t seem to bat an eye over the $$ he was essentially throwing away.
I get mad losing ONE Chrome Soft every round or two. I couldn’t imagine not being upset after losing a whole box of ProVs before a round was even over :eek:

I get mad losing ONE Chrome Soft every round or two. I couldn’t imagine not being upset after losing a whole box of ProVs before a round was even over :eek:
He certainly knew his game. He had 3 dozen in his cart.

Interested to hear THP’s thoughts on this... A family member has just started playing and asked me to recommend a ball. I went down the route of advising against playing something c**p but also pointed out there’s no point in shelling out on tour level balls right now... I recommended the Srixon Distance or AD333.

What would your thoughts and recommendations be? 😊

Noodle is a pretty good start. Srixon also has BOGO deals at Father's Day, and you can load up and save a bundle there.

maxfli tour. relatively cheap and according to mygolfspy ball testing, very consistent.

Bridgestone e12

Interested to hear THP’s thoughts on this... A family member has just started playing and asked me to recommend a ball. I went down the route of advising against playing something c**p but also pointed out there’s no point in shelling out on tour level balls right now... I recommended the Srixon Distance or AD333.

What would your thoughts and recommendations be? 😊
Id go Bridgestone Tresoft or Srixon Soft Feel. Really though, as a beginner, its all about what you can find for cheap because youre going to lose a lot of golf balls.

Back