What brought you to the THP Community?

I was quite active on a hockey equipment forum, and wanted similar interaction with golf. THP was the second golf forum I joined, but it has been by far the most welcoming, enjoyable, and fun. I still keep in contact with some of my hockey forum friends, but THP has become my favorite place in the internet.

I want to start playing golf and I like forums so I did a search for "best golf forums" and THP came up as first choice in the first few search results. I had a look and the posts and the member's banter appealed to me. I joined and also quickly became an Albatross 2021 member.

I was searching for irons to upgrade to. THP kept coming up, and I found so much information on a variety of irons that interested me. Went with the Srixon 565/765 combo set based on reviews here, and couldn't have bene more happy. Great irons!

It was a review on the driver before the Cleveland Classic Driver. Read the review and then checked the forum for sites. Then what got me hook line and sinker was the original grandaddy thread. Followed that thing like my eyes were glued to the screen. Haven't regretted it and never looked around for another place to talk mostly golf.

The Maltby clubs thread brought me here. I was looking for some new irons on the cheap, and found that thread through a Google search. Joined up to say thanks for the thread after I purchased them. Stayed because it’s a pretty friendly place.

Google search. It was 2015. On a vacation to Turtle Bay in Hawaii, my wife surprised me with a golf lesson. I used loaner clubs and in an hour learned two things: 1) I was trying to squeeze the life out of the club with my hands and 2) this golf thing was my next passion. There I was with minimal knowledge and near zero skills. First up was equipment. I needed clubs. I bought golf magazines. And I found THP. I honestly had no intention of hanging around. At that point I saw THP as a resource and I was going to grab what I could and do my thing. But THP grabbed me in unexpected ways, and I have stayed active in different modes since. There was a bump in the road. There were times I mostly lurked but ultimately couldn't stay away. And I eventually started to feel like part of the community. I became very fond of some people here. And I learned more than I could imagine.

Came here to do research on new irons in 2016. Stayed here for the information and the community.

I was looking for a golf forum at the time and landed here, jumped in with both feet and haven't been able to get my head above water yet. But I'm enjoying every golfing moment of it. Couldn't have hooked up with a greater bunch of people than are here on THP. :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

I honestly don't remember, it was over 10 years ago and I can hardly remember what I had for breakfast yesterday! :ROFLMAO: I think I did a Google search for "golf forums" and it popped up. I know I joined THP and two other forums at around the same time, ditched both of the others long ago and haven't been back to them. Too much arrogance, discord and very strong clique mentality on the others.

I usually do a lot of lurking on forums. I was part of another forum just lurking around but it didn’t have the positive vibes THP has. I lurked know THP for awhile until a thread about getting engaged popped up. I remember saying that everything is already said in threads and I wouldn’t be bringing anything else to it. @Canadan chimed in and said just jump in anyways. That’s all she wrote.

Googling reviews about clubs and shafts. When I can read 26 pages about something that I'm looking to purchase, man is that valuable. Especially since there are members at and around my skill level. It's crazy how awesome that is

Thank you google.
Yep. 11/10 for Google on that one.

I was looking for reviews on golf shafts and drivers since I was returning to the game and very much feeling like a fish out of water with the new technology.

I was looking for info about clubs and really like how the info was presented here. I'd been on several other boards for random things (music and games), so it felt natural for me to lurk a bit and then ultimately start participating. Very glad I did.

googled for reviews on launch monitors.... read several posts and got hooked.

2017 Sweep with Budget Golf.

I found Budget in the summer of 2016, after getting the itch to play again. I got on their mailing list and eventually got one about this insane chance to raid their warehouse. Huh?!

Registered, signed up, 'lost' the drawing, but have won in so many other ways since.

2017 Sweep with Budget Golf.

I found Budget in the summer of 2016, after getting the itch to play again. I got on their mailing list and eventually got one about this insane chance to raid their warehouse. Huh?!

Registered, signed up, 'lost' the drawing, but have won in so many other ways since.
I haven't been part of any THP events yet, but being selected as a tester for the Theragun Mini (and getting to keep it) was a lot huger win than it may seem. So many great opportunities here, along with all the information, conversations and camaraderie!

It was club reviews which brought me to THP. Was lurking for a good 3 days before I decided to join up

I was looking for info on a SeeMore putter and cam across some THP review threads. Started lurking & reading the old threads. What the hell? They just gave away 5-6 SeeMore putters?! For free?!! And all these guys were spending loads of time giving feedback, and they were all different abilities & HC's. That intrigued me a lot. I joined so I could ask a few questions, and was encouraged to ask anything & stay active.

I had been on Golf Channel forum that went belly-up from excessive trolling; virtually every thread slowed to a stop as the insults piled up. Hmmm, that isn't happening on THP. Interesting.

I found a thread on local outings and some of the early THP events. As someone who didn't have a regular group of friends who golfed, this got my attention too. Decided to ask around, saw a local event & jumped in & had a freaking blast with 40 strangers.

At first I was hesitant to jump into the banter-filled threads, because I was a new guy, and there was a bit of inside joking and some clicque-ishness at that time (2011-2012). But there were also so many other guys who made me feel right at home & encouraged new members to jump in & have fun: @Jman, @ddec, @Canadan, @Tadashi70 (AKA Swing Panda AKA Freddie Kong), @mikedean441, @Themilkman, @blugold, and lots of others.

This inclusiveness has grown since I've been a member, and THP has become an important part of most days - it's a community where I have made real friendships & can share my passion about all things golf.

There are other sites I visit & enjoy, but only THP has the combination of stellar events, reviews of equipment by all levels of golfers, technique discussions & help with swing analysis, the capability to play with locals and other THPers from all over the country, and the lack of nastiness that seems to creep into other sites. It's been a great 9+ years!

I was getting back into golf after 6-7 years not playing. I wanted to learn about new clubs and technology.

Because it's golf. Down side is that there's so much non golf stuff trying to get to the golf stuff.

I was searching for info on irons, primarily JPX900. Lurked for a bit. The first event that I followed centered around Titleist irons. I was floored from afar about the event and started to participate a bit more after that.

I was searching for irons and found this.

mostly lurking around various places after getting back into golf, including a site that is a synonym for a bunker and a site that rhymes with jerks. posting on a winter sports forum where you may be asked to make change of a 5 cent piece.

looking for longer term reviews and thoughts on the TM RSi2 irons, THP seemed more active than the bunker site and less internet golfery than the jerks site. joined a while later

Back