What "budget" ball to try?

F.N.G

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Golf
Well it has happened, I'm tired of paying over 30 bucks a dozen for balls. I am playing around 3 times a week so between hitting a cart path/tree or dropping a ball in the water/deep rough. This is getting too expensive and my shag bag is full of soft Cover balls with hair and big scuffs. So I am looking for something cheaper. A bit about my game, I normally shoot somewhere in the low 80's. normal drive is 275 ish. My miss is the big slice. I am what I would call a high spin and high launch player.

So what should I look into to? I have tried the E6, and Fixx in the price range I am looking at.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

I love the e6. Still one of my favorite balls I have ever played. Wilson DUO isn't a bad one and might actually do well for you.

E7 - I think it is the lower trajectory ball. It is VERY underrated.

W/S Duo. Even the W/S 50 Elite is a great bargain at $12.99 a dozen.

Go to mggolf.com and check out the Callaway Chrome Speed balls. Nearly identical to the Chrome+ ...........$19.95 a doz. with reasonable shipping. Apparently Chrome Speed was developed by Callaway to replace the Chrome+, but was never released. Great 4 piece urethane cover ball.

Callaway SuperSoft
Wilson Duo

Second the callaway supersoft. At 21.99 you can't beat the price

I haven't found anything that beats the E6. My miss is also a slice. The E6 reduces side spin very noticeably.

Callaway supersoft no questions asked, a really quality ball. I enjoy the performance I get from them

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

I've been very happy with the Maxfli U4...4 piece urethane covered ball for $17.50 a dozen is a pretty good deal. Great feel around the greens, stops on a dime and good distance.

Second the callaway supersoft. At 21.99 you can't beat the price

I'm using the current Callaway Warbird. $17.99 and longgggggg.............

I second the Wilson Staff Elites/Duos, the Maxfli U/4 (great ball!), the E6, and the Supersoft. Surprisingly, the Callaway Hex Control - a ball sold at Costco - is pretty darn good as well. It is also around ~$15 a box.

Prior gen e5 and e6 are like $15 - $16 at tgw.com

Wilson duo, e series from Bridgestone, 2014 z star or q star. Callaway super soft or chrome soft.

Go to mggolf.com and check out the Callaway Chrome Speed balls. Nearly identical to the Chrome+ ...........$19.95 a doz. with reasonable shipping. Apparently Chrome Speed was developed by Callaway to replace the Chrome+, but was never released. Great 4 piece urethane cover ball.

While you're there, look at the Master Grip balls too. Three piece urethane covered ball, said to be a rebadged Hogan Tour Deep, I think also for $20.

Personally I suggest the srixon Q-Stars. Great ball and can be had for $20 a dozen if you watch for the normal sales.

Personally I suggest the srixon Q-Stars. Great ball and can be had for $20 a dozen if you watch for the normal sales.

You can even find 2 15 packs for $40 now. Hard to find a better deal for a good ball.

I love the e6 and Wilson Staff Duo. They're my go to balls for when it starts to get cooler or the leaves fall from the trees and you can often lose balls in the fairway.

I love the e6 and Wilson Staff Duo. They're my go to balls for when it starts to get cooler or the leaves fall from the trees and you can often lose balls in the fairway.
Nothing like WNY leaves and losing balls in the middle of the fairway. Love the Wilson Staff Duo and I am also adding the Callaway Super Soft to the conversation for myself.

Many may not agree, but I recently bought some top flite d2 feels and have really enjoyed them. You can get two boxes of 15 for $25 at dicks. I played them 4 or 5 years ago when I lost a number of balls per round and decided to try them again. The first round I played with them last week was my lowest round ever with a 73. For me, they are just as long as any other ball and even got a few to back up on soft greens. At less than half the price I prefer them to the e6. If you rely on stopping short chip shots quickly you won't be impressed, but for a budget ball I have been very happy.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I have a friend that plays the Titleist DT Solo and he really loves them, might be worth trying.

I would opt for something in the E series from Bridgestone or hunt a deal down on the Chrome+ or FG Tour's

Wilson Staff Duo

Back