What cigar did you smoke today?

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Im heading to the course now and have a Cohiba Red Dot in hand. Not my fav, but was calling me from the humi.

Just finished a Don Pepin Garcia Cuban Classic 1952, I really have taken a liking to those, about to go dig out a Camacho either a 1962 PE or a 2008 Liberty.

• Admin
Just had a Taboo Twist. Small mostly unknown smoke, but quite good.

Just had a Taboo Twist. Small mostly unknown smoke, but quite good.

I just recently heard some reviews of the Taboo line and they seem to be getting some good reviews. I pre-ordered a box of Tatajue "Franks" and they called me today to tell me it's going out in the next day or two. Very stoked about these, a box pressed 50 ring X 7 3/4 length.

I decided on the 2008 liberty as number 2 for the night, might go with that CAO shorty you gave me as my "nightcap". I can't seem to thank you enough for the hospitality you gave me last week!!! PM me your addy, I got a bomb to drop on you:bomb:!!!

• Admin
No problem. Glad you liked the golf, lunch, and smokes. ANytime. You and Hacker have earned it.

No problem. Glad you liked the golf, lunch, and smokes. ANytime. You and Hacker have earned it.

I did man!!! Next time I'll have to remember to save the conversation until after the shot, you boys are quick. Don't forget to PM addy, small token coming your way.

I smoked a Maximus corona today. Man this is a good smoke, burned good and the draw was awesome. Kind of earthy and smooth, I need to pick up a couple more of these.

I had a Honduran Hoyo last night. It was something I got in a trade somewhere along the way, and I can't find any more info on it (shaped like a Hemingway). It tasted good, but went to hell as I was smoking: The head came unraveled, I had to hold the wrapper to keep it from coming completely apart. The wrapper would split (twice) as I was smoking. Lots of nutty and woodsy flavors from this one.

I'm about to go and fire up a Casa Magna this afternoon (new from Manuel Quesada of Fonseca fame). I scored this at a Herf here in Dallas, when the reps were in town, they were handing them out. They're new to the market. I'm looking forward to trying it, they've gotten pretty solid reviews so far.

I passed up the Casa Magna, I had a Tatuaje white label staring at me, just daring me to smoke it. What can I say, I'm weak willed (a theme today), so I'm about to fire up the grill for some ribs, and smoke this darned Tat. More later...

I passed up the Casa Magna, I had a Tatuaje white label staring at me, just daring me to smoke it. What can I say, I'm weak willed (a theme today), so I'm about to fire up the grill for some ribs, and smoke this darned Tat. More later...

So how are the white labels?? I got a box of the red labels a few months back, can't afford the brown labels. Thanks, I have to go smoke a red label now. hehe.

If you like the red labels, you'll like the white labels. The whites are made from the trimmings from the reds, so they're not a 'long leaf' filler, but they're half the price. I can live with a cigar not holding an ash for $3.50 a stick.

Now, what do they do with those trimmings from the brown labels>?????

I had a Rocky Patel Fusion on the course this morning. It lasted me from #3 to #8 to smoke, and we played super slow (there was NOBODY at the course so we goofed off a lot)

Gonna smoke an Illusione CG4 here in a minute while I wash up my clubs.

I love the Fusion.

Had that Tatajue Havana VI Noble that Gummi inspired, and something later if I can decide.

Finished the night with CAO that Josh gave me??? a 4x40 maybe??? Thing was really tight, burned better towards the nub.

Smoked a God of Fire Carlito 2006 today, my first one. The thing burned very nicely, the draw was perfect, it had a huge vein right down the middle. But as far as taste, what a POS. Seemed like a very basic cigar for the price tag, although it did manage to be the first stick in years to make me break into cold sweats and feel a little dizzy.

I had a Macanudo on the front nine on Saturday (Tubos, shaped like a Lancero) It was pretty good, but sure went rank at the end.

I smoked a San Cristobal on the back 9. Damn, I sure do love that cigar. Pepin hit a homerun for Ashton on that one. I'm thinking my Christmas bonus this year will be buying me a box of them instead of a bunch of weird sticks I can only get once a year.

Had a Tat "Frank" after work, don't think I took enough time with this one as it was a little more bitter than the one I had on Halloween.

I had a Monte white. It was pretty blah. Golf stunk today, I was in such a bad mood, I didn't even bother to light up the San Cristobal I had in my case.

Lat night was a Graycliffe that was exceptional. Today will most likely be one of the specials that arrived in my bomb last week.

Cohiba Red Dot on the course this morning. Thing was so tight that my jaw hurt.

Had a CAO Vision at a CAO Event at Emersons Cigars in VA Beach last night, looked like a Wailers concert when I walked in there. No smoke eaters(????).

What'd ya think of the Vision? I thought they were way overrated, most of my buddies hated them outright.

I'm going with my standby San Cristobal this evening, and maybe I'll pick up a Don Pepin "My Father" to try, I should have some time to kill at the cigar shop before going to my buddy's anniversary party this evening.

Back