What cigar did you smoke today?

0a0187d2a1d9f846d7bd0fbeff426895.jpg

Loving all H. Upmann lately and this was great.

Connie B are great! Have you had a Connie A yet?

I have and I really like it too. I find the B to be much smoother. Other smokers I know didn’t care for the A.

Really enjoying these. Especially for the price I found them

2FD8FE50-164E-47C9-A410-9CF85ED5543C.jpeg

Never had one of these before.. love those oily smoky habanos wrappers
20200713_195422.jpg

Attachments

• 20200713_194937.jpg
    20200713_194937.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
I have and I really like it too. I find the B to be much smoother. Other smokers I know didn’t care for the A.

I like them both. But, if I had to choose, I’d pick the Connie A. It really is a no lose proposition though.

A few people told me I got Punk'd... They were right two puffs and it was trash...

Went with a nice Romeo Juliet
Screenshot_20200717-221845__01.jpg

One of my favs once was a Makers Mark that was dipped in the bourbon. Wonder if they still have those...very tasty. :unsure:(y)

One of my favs once was a Makers Mark that was dipped in the bourbon. Wonder if they still have those...very tasty. :unsure:(y)
If not might I suggest the cask Strength and your favorite stogie

Not a huge cigar smoker here, but have had my fair share. That being said, I know basically nothing about cigars. Any recommendations for a good sampling to try?

If not might I suggest the cask Strength and your favorite stogie
I'll have to see if its gluten free. I had a Vodka Tonic with Tito's with my large bucket the other day. That was OK. :cool:
I prefered Ciroq last time I had a tonic. Limes. Love the limes! ;)

Not a huge cigar smoker here, but have had my fair share. That being said, I know basically nothing about cigars. Any recommendations for a good sampling to try?
Mild/medium/bold?

I like ordering from smallbatchcigar, but those are boutique brands usually and ~$10/ stick when buying a 5 pack, but they send discounts all the time.

Try this curivari sampler. For the price, they are reaaaaalllllyy good smokes: https://atlanticcigar.com/curivari-tobacco-culture-assorted-sampler-10-count/

I'll have to see if its gluten free. I had a Vodka Tonic with Tito's with my large bucket the other day. That was OK. :cool:
I prefered Ciroq last time I had a tonic. Limes. Love the limes! ;)
Not GF

Oliva Connecticut and E.P Carrillo New Wave. Neither will knock you on your ass and both are well constructed, flavorful cigars. If you want something a little stronger, Fuente Queen B and Don Pepin My Father line. Next step up would be anything Tatuaje in their black or brown labeled lines.

Macanudo was one of my starting 5
Brick house
Oliva O
Fuente

ma1-pm-1024_left.png

Thanks. I did look. They claim the distillation process cooks it out, like many liquors. I try to steer away from the gluten-containing grain ones just to be safe. (y)
I was never a big bourbon or beer guy. Made sense when I found out my body doesn't really like them. Vodka and Tequilla it is! :giggle:

What say you guys on the JR Alternatives? I’m trying to find some cheaper but still good sticks for work and around the house and these caught my attention

Last edited:
What say you guys on the JR Alternatives? I’m trying to find some cheaper but still good stocks for work and around the house and these caught my attention

Back when I used to frequent JR weekly, I would stock up on JR Ultimate Cabinet #50. Good size and a nice cigar especially when you got some age on them. The other sizes were good too.

I was convinced to try Jose Rey Sumatra because I like a Sweeter tip. Really liked over the Connecticut. Got some flavor to it and nice burn.

Smoked a Partagas Short and Quai d'Orsay Corona. No pics but both excellent.

Side note: I was on YouTube watching James Suckling videos. Some of his highest viewed videos are of him smoking cigars. Interestingly enough he smoked a Partagas Serie D No. 4 side by side with a Hoyo Epicure No. 2. Both robustos. I think I’m going to do some similar comparisons for myself.

Last edited:
For the first time since I can remember, I played golf today (only 9 holes) without lighting up a cigar. The heat/humidity was way to hot for me.
However, come Wednesday, weather permitting, I've got a nice 3 cigar assortment lined up which includes my favorite - LGC Wavell Natural.

I've had my fair share of cigars, but am a newcomer to the humidor game. I have my humidor steady at about 69-70% RH and the temp right now around 69-73F. Sometimes during the summer when my AC is off, my humi can get up to around 79-80F. How in danger am I of having a tobacco beetle outbreak? Do I have to freeze every cigar before introducing it to my humi?

Back