What club do you regret getting rid of?

I’ve only made a handful of changes to my bag over the last decade (and they’ve all been in the last 8 months since joining THP). I initially had some regrets about removing my TaylorMade R1 for a Mavrik Max, but after a few rounds those regrets were removed. Glad I didn’t have any knee jerk reactions to my initial impression!

I wish I had kept my Ping G5i CRAZ-E C putter as a backup. I love my SeeMore, but I also loved that Ping.

I had a Callaway Hot 3-deep, fairway wood, that I could just hit all day off the tee on tight fairways. I swear I've never been able to find one I could hit like that.

I was young and naive... got more excited about a really good trade-in price... I got suckered... haha... So now, I ordered a set of the new BH Icon irons as a way to make myself feel better for a mistake I made over 10 years ago. Haha!

I have played both versions of the PTx irons and although they are both excellent sets, still just not quite the same.

I don't think I have any clubs that I regret selling. Everything I've sold was moved for a reason.

Ping K15 5w with Miyazaki Kusala white shaft. Launch for days. Automatic 200 yd club for me. Which has been tough to replicate

Cleveland Classic 290 with a Kusala Blue 6S. Always on the lookout for either that head or shaft in good shape. Such a good combo.

Taylormade R1 Driver. This was the best driver I ever played until the B21. I won a brand new SLDR at a tournament and was so enamored that I gifted my R1 to a friend of a friend before discovering I didn't like it as much as the R1 🤦‍♂️

Last edited:
Definitely my old call away Tuttle putter. That thing was money. I troll the bay auctions but have had no luck yet.

#1 for me would have to be a Taylormade R7 Superquad TP driver....I bought it used (almost new) and played for like 3 years.

Second was probably a Taylormade 5 hybrid, it was point and shoot, nice and high and landed softly.

#1 for me would have to be a Taylormade R7 Superquad TP driver....I bought it used (almost new) and played for like 3 years.

Second was probably a Taylormade 5 hybrid, it was point and shoot, nice and high and landed softly.
My buddy still games that driver and hits the living crap out of it. I'm positive the shaft is completely wrong for his swing by he won't give it up.

Cleveland Mashie F3 14 deg. Can't find it anymore. It had the stock shaft Miyazaki C.Kua in regular, with a dark blue grip. The Taylormades went farther, but the F3 was much straighter. Plus I hit the F3 much better off the deck. Still regret my decision from a long time ago.

I sold my g400 max and it is the only club I sometimes wish I still had.
I hit the Mavrik better, but do miss my G400 Max sometimes. Coulda kept it and played it cut down...

Cleveland Mashie F3 14 deg. Can't find it anymore. It had the stock shaft Miyazaki C.Kua in regular, with a dark blue grip. The Taylormades went farther, but the F3 was much straighter. Plus I hit the F3 much better off the deck. Still regret my decision from a long time ago.

I still have my F5 with the OG PX blue 6.0. Goes a little too left for me, but I take it out every once in a while for giggles. Not the longest FW ever but one of the easier ones to hit. Same with my F7 5W.

Back