What club do you wish you never bought?

Golfers Anonymous

Just Decent
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
What club do you wish you had never bought? Whether it was redundant, or a poor performer just curious as to if anyone ever had buyers remorse after their purchase?

Can’t say I’ve experienced this… yet. I’ve learned something from each purchase made so far. To be fair, I do spend a ridiculous amount of time doing research and comparisons before putting the money down since all my purchases are online.

The Pinemeadow chipper. I was new to golf and sucked around the greens... so bought this on a whim from Amazon (was only $40 so why not) and found that I struggled to chip with the chipper as well.

Then I thought, if I'm going to struggle through a learning curve anyways, why don't I just take the time to work on chipping with a real club? So the chipper came out of the bag after a week.

back.jpeg

64 degree wedge. All that thing was good for was almost putting my eye out every time I swung it. :LOL:

My 2 utility, bought it for a planned Scotland trip… then the pandemic happened, now whenever I use it I think of the trip that never was…. St. Andrews… Canoustie… Kings Barns… Crail…😢

No regrets! How I can I know if a club will help me if I don’t buy it?!

Both utility irons I bought were a huge waste of money. I do not have the clubhead speed for those.

I don't know that there are any I wished I had not bought, but I can say that I have some that I simply don't use and should not have bought.

Going to go with my Callaway Rogue hybrid. It sure went far with the jailbreak tech but I had distance control issues and it often launched too high and waaay left. Out of the rough it launched too low.. It had rails like Cobra and Cleveland but I actually liked the iRT demo club I tried in that it didn't launch too far left and the rails easily cut through the rough. The new Super Hybrid had me thinking of the Rogue. I like my 3 wood, 5 wood, 21* UT better

Last edited:
W/S Cortex. I bought it because it was really cheap, but it never could beat my old Fly-Z+. The Atmos Blue shaft felt like a buggy whip with that head.

Stroke Lab Seven and Marxman, with the oversized grips. I hated those grips. Turned them into most of a Supernova with a trade in bonus (got more than I paid for them), though, so it worked out OK.

Last edited:
I bought a Callaway Big Bertha #3 hybrid off of Ebay. Nothing wrong with the club except it is draw biased and I hook it badly. I should have done more research before the purchase. It also doesn’t really fill a gap anymore since I replaced my irons.

Taylormade M4 4i. Just didn't work for me in the slightest

TaylorMade Aeroburner Superfast 2.0 Driver

Biggest piece of sh!t I've ever swung, by a mile.

Taylormade Superdeep driver…..lasted about a month. That driver was so low spin, nobody could hit it, Not sure if it was the shaft combination but I have never had struggles with a driver like I had with that one.

Around 2008, bought a Nike 3 wood. Played it one round and gave it to my Dad 😠

Lasted one round, armlock putter.

Any utility iron that I have bought. I have had 3 or 4 and would be below the Mendoza line as far as fairways hit. I finally learned my lesson…..

Rogue driver, fairways, hybrid a few years ago - did not suit me well at that time. For me. Rogue driver felt terrible at impact, the fairways did not spin much - I needed more airtime. But the hybrid? I could kill squirrels with it - so low. Haven't really gotten along with Callaway hybrids since forever, so I avoid them now. I think it's the huge toe that does not appeal to me, too. Maybe later when demo days return more frequently.

But that did not keep me from Callaway. On the positive side, I do enjoy the Epic Speed Driver and fairways)

Last edited:
Back