What coffee are you drinking?

Have you cleaned your coffee maker recently?;):coffee::coffee:

My favorite organic Columbian beans were just changed from light roast to medium, so time to find a new coffee. That really sucks. :cautious:
This one was really good and the price was really reasonable on sale. They raised the price too. (n)
I clean it all the time. There’s really not much to it to clean. It’s a Technavorm mocha master.

1596737824425.png

I clean it all the time. There’s really not much to it to clean. It’s a Technavorm mocha master.
Wow. That's a machine! Looks complex.
I've gone with the Cuisinart brew masters for many years. They make good coffee.
3 yr warranty, and they make it 3 yrs and a day, generally. :cool:

Anyone see Phil's coffee for wellness video? I see he is starting a new venture on the whole thing.

Black coffee from Zip-Trip

Having to purchase a coffee grinder because I failed to notice I had bought whole beans, I will admit that the coffee does taste better (as expected). I will continue to buy the beans and also experiment. The question I now have is how long can I expect whole beans to retain freshness as compared to ground and what steps should I take to maintain ? I use a Keruig maker with a cheap, K-cup knock off which is a bit of a pain, a few stray grounds e.t.c. but not enough that I would buy a specialty maker, French press, or anything (for now).

I Prefer fresh ground from beans and dripped from a Technivorm MochaMaster. I like it black so I can enjoy the favor of the coffee.

I try to get the best coffee beans we can get / afford. List of rated Coffee by Points, like wine: https://www.coffeereview.com/

97 & 98 point coffees and roasters!
https://portofmokha.com/ Yemen
https://dragonflycoffeeroasters.com/collections/third-wave-coffees Top Roaster in USA
https://www.jbccoffeeroasters.com/90-plus-coffees
http://www.graffeo.com/ Graffeo Coffee Roasting Company - Favorite San Francisco Coffee!

Hope this helps and that you enjoy these as much as I do!
interesting.....I live in San Diego County and I happen to visit a place called Cafe Moto where they have a small plant set up and make a variety of roasts, custom grinds, bulk sales e.t.c. It is in a place called Barrio Logan which is one of the oldest settlements in San Diego. I had not heard of Bird Rock as mentioned above.

Having to purchase a coffee grinder because I failed to notice I had bought whole beans, I will admit that the coffee does taste better (as expected). I will continue to buy the beans and also experiment. The question I now have is how long can I expect whole beans to retain freshness as compared to ground and what steps should I take to maintain ? I use a Keruig maker with a cheap, K-cup knock off which is a bit of a pain, a few stray grounds e.t.c. but not enough that I would buy a specialty maker, French press, or anything (for now).
I keep my bag of whole beans in a larger ziplock bag for an airlock. I have a small rubbermaid/tupperware that I seal the ground beans in for use.
I only grind enough for maybe two or three mornings so I don't have to grind everyday and keep it in the tupperware. Its much more fresh even 2 days later than anything you'd get pre-ground of course.
A 2lb bag lasts me quite a while drinking it myself. Maybe a couple weeks? Not sure.

Love the smell when I grind beans. Fills the house. Take that, Starbucks.
I had to wash the pot this morning. Bad me. Always start with a clean pot!

I keep my bag of whole beans in a larger ziplock bag for an airlock. I have a small rubbermaid/tupperware that I seal the ground beans in for use.
I only grind enough for maybe two or three mornings so I don't have to grind everyday and keep it in the tupperware. Its much more fresh even 2 days later than anything you'd get pre-ground of course.
A 2lb bag lasts me quite a while drinking it myself. Maybe a couple weeks? Not sure.

Love the smell when I grind beans. Fills the house. Take that, Starbucks.
I had to wash the pot this morning. Bad me. Always start with a clean pot!
Thanks for speedy reply. I grind a small amount couple times a week, store the grounds in a glass canning jar with one of those sealed lids, I don't drink as much as you, so should last a bit longer.

French roast from a french press.. man I'm buzzing

interesting.....I live in San Diego County and I happen to visit a place called Cafe Moto where they have a small plant set up and make a variety of roasts, custom grinds, bulk sales e.t.c. It is in a place called Barrio Logan which is one of the oldest settlements in San Diego. I had not heard of Bird Rock as mentioned above.

Give it a try and report back! Would love your local opinion.

Thanks for speedy reply. I grind a small amount couple times a week, store the grounds in a glass canning jar with one of those sealed lids, I don't drink as much as you, so should last a bit longer.
I'm caffeinated!!!! o_O:love::LOL:

Give it a try and report back! Would love your local opinion.
will do, but not sure my opinion carries much weight being the novice I am. Could only say whether or not I like it. As for Cafe Moto, it is a small store front in a neighborhood that stands alone. Once inside however, quite the experience with a flurry of activity in the back room huge machines, array of paraphanilia, utensils, makers, teas. A small tasting room with maybe two tables out front. I will try to visit Birdrock soon. Birdrock is near La Jolla.

Last edited:
I've got a cheap-o burr grinder with a hopper that holds up to a pound of whole beans. When I stock up on beans from the roaster I split the into roughly 14oz batches in Ziploc bags and store them in the freezer. Every 4-5 days I pull out another baggie of beans (wait them to reach room temperature before opening the Ziploc) and dump them in the hopper.

Whole beans in the freezer will be fine for a few months and in a pinch I'd imagine they match last a year or so. Whole beans in the hopper of my grinder seem to start losing some quality after about the fourth day so I try not to unfreeze more than that much at a time. Ground coffee is best within a few minutes of grinding. Unless it were necessary, I'd not grind it more than a few hours beforehand. Maybe overnight at the longest.

Cup #3 done and gone. Very bright eyed and bushy tailed at the moment. Got 8 straight hours of sleep too. Miracles can happen!! :love:

Cup #3 done and gone. Very bright eyed and bushy tailed at the moment. Got 8 straight hours of sleep too. Miracles can happen!! :love:
wired for sound!

Was a quick cup from the Keurig this morning...

When I’ve got the time, I like a good percolated brew. Midnight Sun Coffee Roasters is the local brand of choice.

Nespresso Pumpkin Spice. First of all, I love their flavors as there’s nothing fake about them and it’s faint so you. An still actually taste the coffee itself. Secondly, there’s nothing sweet about it. Just a hint of spice in there. It’s great stuff

Skipped the pumpkin spice and went straight to peppermint in the coffee today.

53ED726D-949D-4196-A1B1-B671A6B9B796.jpeg

I drink black coffee. No flavor added, no sweetener. Organic beans -shade grown from Mexico. Grind daily when i make the pot....

Back