What Course Are You Playing Next?

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
As simple as the title sounds. What's on tap?

5 thpers, a thp spouse and one outsider teeing it up today at heritage todd creek. Arthur hills design, 7400 from the tips
d69e70cf684444e1c9c2746c9a9d2a9a.jpg

• Admin
Sounds awesome KC. Playing with THPers is always a blast.

5 thpers, a thp spouse and one outsider teeing it up today at heritage todd creek. Arthur hills design, 7400 from the tips
d69e70cf684444e1c9c2746c9a9d2a9a.jpg
Spouse eh...looking forward to the round and good times. Tera is ready to go.

Playing the home course, Springdale Country Club, with my normal group.

Hope to continue my hot streak of rounds in the 70s and win a friendly wager or 2.

Spouse eh...looking forward to the round and good times. Tera is ready to go.
Common law? Lol do what needs to be done to keep her around :)

Playing my home course, Country Oaks, today at 11:30.

Playing tomorrow at my home club, on The Lake course. Usual sunday group time. We play for birdies and closest to the pins on the par 3's. About 12 of us is typical.

s-l500_zpsu1hzg0ba.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Playing GlenLakes Golf Club in Foley, Alabama next month in a little inter-club match in which five other clubs will also compete. We do this every month at a different area course, which is cool for me as I am still relatively new to the area and this enables me to play new courses (to me) in the area. GlenLakes is a links style course designed by Bruce Devlin and Robert Von Hagge. "The “Vista-Dunes” course will evoke the feeling of Scottish links golf – strategic mounding, extensive bunkering and undulating fairways and greens". The pics look great, as you can see from the above teaser, and I'm really looking forward to playing there.

Pitt Meadows G+CC in the Golden Ears Invitational. 36 hole stroke play event with a kickass prize table. I've never played the course before but I'm excited to try it.

Just a local muni on Monday. Last minute prep for the SoCal/NorCal shootout next weekend. It doesn't even compare to the courses we will be playing but hopefully I can get the distances ironed out on my new CF16's and V-Series 3 wood.

http://www.kernrivergolf.com

Chatham Seaside Links. It's a tiny little 9 hole course, but I can literally walk there with my bag from the hotel I'm in for vacation.

http://www.whiteoaksgolf.com/

Home course this afternoon. Trying to get round in with not that many people on course so I can continue to work of swing change from the last month. Ball striking and ball flight are starting to take shape so it should be enjoyable.

http://www.whiteoaksgolf.com/

Home course this afternoon. Trying to get round in with not that many people on course so I can continue to work of swing change from the last month. Ball striking and ball flight are starting to take shape so it should be enjoyable.

How are the conditions, I used to play there with friends quite a bit when in first opened in the late 90's. Heading back to SJ in late August for a reunion and wouldn't mind heading out there for old times sake.

How are the conditions, I used to play there with friends quite a bit when in first opened in the late 90's. Heading back to SJ in late August for a reunion and wouldn't mind heading out there for old times sake.
Since the owner brought in a partner, the course has made great strides. They never gave discounted rates. Now that they use online booking company and other discount tee time sites, so the extra traffic has given them a steady stream of $$$. You probably remember the on-going issues with burnt out greens and poor maintenance on fairways. That has changed for the better. Greens are on point week after week, fairways are nice with no bad lies for ground under repair, and no long rounds. Now people are now excited to play it. Only complaint I would have is it's on the shorter side, especially the back 9, specifically holes 14-16. It's roughly 5800 yds from whites & 6300 from blues.

I jumped on the associate membership this year. Got it during the early sign up period, so I paid $250 (gives 50% off tee time rates) & 5 free rounds. After I believe November 1st it drops to 3 free rounds. I've played at 1 pm for $17!!!!!Buena Vista GC never had any membership plan like that, so White Oaks stole a lot of local players. Even the full membership price is only $1,200 (without cart).

If you want to hook up and play with a fellow THP'r, let me know.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

Since the owner brought in a partner, the course has made great strides. They never gave discounted rates. Now that they use online booking company and other discount tee time sites, so the extra traffic has given them a steady stream of $$$. You probably remember the on-going issues with burnt out greens and poor maintenance on fairways. That has changed for the better. Greens are on point week after week, fairways are nice with no bad lies for ground under repair, and no long rounds. Now people are now excited to play it. Only complaint I would have is it's on the shorter side, especially the back 9, specifically holes 14-16. It's roughly 5800 yds from whites & 6300 from blues.

I jumped on the associate membership this year. Got it during the early sign up period, so I paid $250 (gives 50% off tee time rates) & 5 free rounds. After I believe November 1st it drops to 3 free rounds. I've played at 1 pm for $17!!!!!Buena Vista GC never had any membership plan like that, so White Oaks stole a lot of local players. Even the full membership price is only $1,200 (without cart).

If you want to hook up and play with a fellow THP'r, let me know.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the run down - I'll PM you when I'm headed that way. Glad to hear it's coming back. It was always short but since the course was tight with a good bit of sand you still had to golf your ball

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back