What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shot a 44/45 on a new course on Sunday. Thre greens cost me quite a few strokes since it seemed they had no break to them, even when they appeared to have a substantial slope. Overall I played pretty well. I hit 6 fairways, 5 greens, and had 33 putts with 3 penalty strokes.

Shot a 44/45 on a new course on Sunday. Thre greens cost me quite a few strokes since it seemed they had no break to them, even when they appeared to have a substantial slope. Overall I played pretty well. I hit 6 fairways, 5 greens, and had 33 putts with 3 penalty strokes.

Not a bad round. How did you end up with 3 penalty strokes ??

Not a bad round. How did you end up with 3 penalty strokes ??

Hole 6: Tight par 5, got overconfident because I was driving the ball well, sliced my driver out of bounds, ended up with a double.
Hole 7: Still fuming about the double on 6, I hit my first bad iron shot of the day. Sails left of the green on the 160 yard par 3. I ended up with another double. I was 2 over through 5 and played 6-9 at 6 over, ouch.
Hole 11:While admiring my well placed hybrid off the tee, and the fact that I was 150 on the dot from the pin, I caught my 9 iron real thin and sent it flying off the back of the green and across the road.

Ouch that had to hurt lad

Not bad on a new course. Great Putting!

Shot a 49/46 95 today. My putting was horrendous today - just couldn't get any speed control right. Short irons and wedges were pretty good, but my tee game was streaky. But I got out, and I didn't shoot the century, so I'm not that disappointed.

Beautiful weather, finished the round in short sleeves but still very wet as I had several instances of casual water. Hit a little rough stretch in the middle of the round but recovered pretty nicely. 42 37 79 That was walking and playing it down except when allowed by rule to move it.

Added the part about playing it down because the guys here want to play "winter rules."

Last edited:
Beautiful weather, finished the round in short sleeves but still very wet as I had several instances of casual water. Hit a little rough stretch in the middle of the round but recovered pretty nicely. 42 37 79 That was walking and playing it down except when allowed by rule to move it.

Great Score in soggy conditions!

Horrible. So inconsistent! If it wasn't slicing it was pulled left. Not hook left like straight line 45* left of my target. Swing wasn't smooth. Felt like I was stabbing at the ball. Ughhh

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=39.769686,-75.539852

Shot 39/41 for an 80. After my short game gave me back-to-back 74s last week, I couldn't buy a putt today. 2 three-jacks, and only 3 par saves in 9 attempts; 33 putts total.....but I did hit all 14 fairways!

43-43/86 with seven pars and six bogeys.

HOLE123456789OUT101112131415161718INTOTAL
BLACK400411521421167420408206545349944546834116041454136515238232686767
PAR445434435364543454343672
STROKES435645545416654555354485
OVER/UNDERE-1-1+1+2+3+4+5+5+5+7+8+9+10+11+11+12+12+13+13+13
FAIRWAYS
icon-fairwayHit.gif
icon-fairwayHit.gif
icon-fairwayHit.gif
icon-fairwayHit.gif
icon-fairwayHit.gif
icon-fairwayHit.gif
icon-fairwayHit.gif
icon-fairwayHit.gif
icon-fairwayHit.gif
49/14 ~ 64%
GIR
icon-greenHit.gif
icon-greenHit.gif
icon-greenHit.gif
icon-greenMiss.gif
icon-greenMiss.gif
icon-greenMiss.gif
icon-greenMiss.gif
icon-greenMiss.gif
icon-greenHit.gif
icon-greenMiss.gif
icon-greenHit.gif
icon-greenMiss.gif
icon-greenMiss.gif
icon-greenMiss.gif
icon-greenHit.gif
icon-greenMiss.gif
icon-greenMiss.gif
icon-greenMiss.gif
26 ~ 33%
PUTTS212222222172321221121633 ~ 1.8

I don't know if y'all can see this or not, but here is my score card for my PB ever! I kinda let my first three holes get to my head and fell off but still stayed consistent! An 85 today, and I am hoping to hit sub 80 before I go in for surgery at the end of next month. 3 foot putts are my nemesis!

Last edited:
Comgrats on the PB, mayday!

Congrats on the 85 buddy!

Hey. Great round Mayday. If 3-foot putts are the only thing holding you back, you'll break 80 soon enough. Rock those shoulders.

Hey. Great round Mayday. If 3-foot putts are the only thing holding you back, you'll break 80 soon enough. Rock those shoulders.

They almost get in your head, I mean you look at them and know that its just a touch and it will go in. I am forever lipping them or I will biff the ground! Good news is I will have 6 months to work on putting while my shoulder heals, just wondering how far off the rest of my game will go away!

Shot a 95 today. Everything worked...just not all at once. 4 pars, 1 birdie, but a few blowup holes that had me wondering when I'm going to break 90 again.

Shot a 95 today. Everything worked...just not all at once. 4 pars, 1 birdie, but a few blowup holes that had me wondering when I'm going to break 90 again.

Soon! Don't let it get in your head bud. Keep on keepin' on, you will get back there in no time.

Soon! Don't let it get in your head bud. Keep on keepin' on, you will get back there in no time.

I have to have a good range session. My irons have become weirdly inconsistent after what seemingly was a decent period with them...and wow, do I need to get my tee shots in check on par 4s and 5s. Perhaps I need to order a power angle pro. Something that promotes more lag in my swing.

I have to have a good range session. My irons have become weirdly inconsistent after what seemingly was a decent period with them...and wow, do I need to get my tee shots in check on par 4s and 5s. Perhaps I need to order a power angle pro. Something that promotes more lag in my swing.

Yessir, get out there and practice! Just don't get too down on yourself!

I played 9 holes today at the home course, and shot a 41. I hit 3 fairways, 3 greens, and had 17 putts. Overall not a bad tuneup round for tomorrow, I'm playing Pine Barrens at World Woods. I imagine I won't be a shooting a 41 there.

Not a good day today. Shot 49-45(94). I did par the last two holes though, and those were the only pars of the day. Eight doubles suck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back