What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just another weird week here with 79, 92, and 80, the 80 was a 36 44. Can't wait til tomorrow to see what happens next.

Yesterday I had the amateur equivalent of a Rickie Fowler 89. A few good holes, a few blowups. I got really comfortable and confident on the back nine, especially with my short irons (finally!). All in all, this was the best round I've played this season, especially after the first 3 holes.

Decided to get my weekend started right yesterday afternoon and headed out for a quick round at my local track. Started out really strong but noticed on the first green that the greens were as shaggy as the fringe. Was +1 through 4 and then let the wheels fly off. I had planned to play 18 but after 9 holes of having to absolutely smash every putt, watch it meander and always come up 8 feet short, I was over it! Considering the course I will play tomorrow is going to be fast and firm greens, I didn't want to mess up my putting feel. Ended up + 7, it was very frustrating.

Shot 3 over - 75 yesterday. The damage was done on a par 5 that I took a triple bogey 8 on the back. Was even par till that point. Had one more bogey and a bird to finish the 75. Heading out again today in about an hour.

I shot a number. A wet, unhappy number.

Your wet, unhappy number is better than my doing yard work, house work and work work, no golfing number.

44-42 = 86 at Nate's home course.
9/15 FW
4/18 GIR
32 putts

4 doubles
0 birdies

Pretty poor ball striking day, was not finding the center of the club face too much. Lost in match play to Nate 4&3 who shot a nice 75 with even par on the back 9.

This is not the place for this, but mcook77 how do you like the DW in the set?

44-42 = 86 at Nate's home course.
9/15 FW
4/18 GIR
32 putts

4 doubles
0 birdies

Pretty poor ball striking day, was not finding the center of the club face too much. Lost in match play to Nate 4&3 who shot a nice 75 with even par on the back 9.
Nice playing Cookie. You had a few bad holes or else that score would had been much lower. First time under 90 at the course. You're getting the hang of it now. Maybe need to join now! Had fun today with you and Drew (CaptDru). Till next time my friend.

For some reason my short game decided not to come with me to the course this morning...guess it decided to sleep in :banginghead:

Could not chip or pitch to save my life....was standing up and blading everything across the green.

I had 8 pars and a birdie today and still shot 88...that will tell you how bad the other 9 holes were...it was ugly

47/41 = 88
8/13 Fairways
6 GIR
36 putts (greens were really inconsistent...one was fast, the next was really slow)
0 Bunkers
2 penalty strokes

80. 42 on the front and 38 on the back. Not a lot was working for me outside of the irons, which I hit extremely well. Went into the round rather tired and not feeling it and came out the same way. But the iron play saved me all day long.

Been dying to hit the course. It's my only outlet right now. Shot out today for 9 holes. Been hitting the range and working on some stuff and today myy swing felt great. Shot a 34 on a pretty tough 9 holes

Had a brutal 46/44 90 today. I just couldnt make the shots I was trying to make and to make it worse I couldnt buy a favorable bounce. The numbers tell the story...
3 fwys
1 GIR
28 putts

3 penaltys

Playing from the thick rough all day was tiring and it was choking me out on distance off the tee. As bad as those stats are I dont feel that Ive lost my game, a few favorable bounces would have gone a loooong way and I must have had 4 360* lip outs.

I need to get out again to shake this off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back