What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shot a 92 (44/48) Played the back first and opened with a triple and was 7 over thru hole 13. The front nine was better, even though I had another triple there. Then we played 9 more (back nine) and shot a 46 with another triple.

But what a difference a couple years makes. I played like crap and averaged 46 per nine. Not too long ago, I was jumping for joy just to break 100!

+8/+8
yeah um wearing shorts today was just a brilliant idea... stupid weathermen
i couldnt feel my fingers
longest drive of the day 227... not good
i did have some unbelievably lucky shots from really bad places
i literally tapped in 8 putts... 4 birdie putts and 4 par putts lipped out... the only putt that didnt lip out was on 18 go figure last hole par
made me feee you ree us

Weird day today. Struck the ball really well tee to green but did not score well. Wedge game let me down on multiple occasions today.

46-42 for an 88

8/12 FW
5/18 GIR
32 putts
1 birdie
Few doubles and a triple

Ball striking I am happy with but still need to clean up the GIR action within 150. Just missing slightly around the green in all directions with approaches.

Tappin' from CM's iPad!

Shot a 47-51 for a very bi polar round of 98. So frustrating...
I always track my stats to see where I need to improve and here they are from my last round:

Fairways hit - 42.9%
GIR - 22.2%
Putts - 2.06%
Penalty Strokes - 6 (ouch!)
7 double bogeys or worse (ouch again)

Started out one over par through the first 5 holes which is great for me and it just went down hill from there.

The good things:

I am really starting to feel much more confident with my putting. I am getting to the point where I feel I can confidently make some putts now that would have intimidated me in the past. I made a 15+ putt to save par and did not miss a putt inside 6 feet all day long (very good for me).

Getting off the tee box consistently has been a problem as of late. I actually starting finding the fairway much better lately. You can't really tell by the percent of fairways I hit but most of my missed fairways were missed in the first cut of rough. So with more practice I think I can start dialing in that much better.

Ball striking is getting much better. Again, it's hard to tell esp by my greens in regulation but most of my misses were pin high misses to the left or right of the green.

The bad things:

My short game around the green and out of the bunkers was just plain awful! I wasted 12 strokes and all my double bogeys and worse came from horrible pitches, thin shots out of the bunkers, poorly executed chip shots and bad wedge play. I wasted 12 strokes, if I counted correctly, around the green. On one particular hole I was laying 3 on a par 4 just off the green and it took me 4 more strokes to finish out the hole! So frustrating.

My iron accuracy needs to improve. My distances were very good all day all but I couldn't seem to consistently hit greens. I was missing left or right all day other than a few holes.

I enjoyed a nice round of golf and the areas of improvement are obvious. I am going to lay out a practice routine for myself to drastically improve and focus on my short game (80 yards and in and chip shots around the green) and my iron accuracy. Also, I'm going to continue to improve my ball striking, control off the tee and putting.

Last edited:
What did I shoot today? A BIG NUMBER. I think it was 84, but it might have been worse. With teh first swing, I think I felt every bone in body shift. Playing right after the PGA Show might not have been the best idea.

What did I shoot today? A BIG NUMBER. I think it was 84, but it might have been worse. With teh first swing, I think I felt every bone in body shift. Playing right after the PGA Show might not have been the best idea.

I wondered what you were thinking when I saw you post a twitter picture.

Take JBs score, add a bunch more and you can get mine.

Fastest greens I have ever seen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got out on a great Indiana day, low 50's and sunny with alittle wind. I'll take that for the end of January in Indiana. Played at Winding River in Indy, 6600+ from the tips. Shot a 79. It was an great round from tee to green, but putting was terrible. I got off the tee pretty good, decent number of greens hit, struck the ball great, around the green was ok, but on the green it was either great, or embaresment. The greens are little shaggy and bumpy, but i'm not going to use that as an excuse as I did hit a 20 footer for par, and almost made a 35 footer for birdie so putts were makeable. Getting out tomorrow as well at a different course.

Stats for the round: 13/14 Fairways Hitting Driver all but twice. 9/18 Greens. 17/18=35 Putts. 39/40=79(+8) 9 bogeys (3 of those 3 putts) 1 Birdie 0 Others

Take JBs score, add a bunch more and you can get mine.

Fastest greens I have ever seen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, WE and I were blowing putts past the hole today.

Shot a 40-41 for an 81. I was playing a course I've never seen before (they are having $20 Mondays thru the Winter, and its a really nice course!) and my short game just wasn't very good. I am striking the ball very well, particularly compared to early this month. 11 fairways, and 9 greens, which are good numbers for me. But when I missed, I couldn't get close.

One of my playing partners noticed today that I am absolutely deadly with my second putts. My first putts are a mixed bag, but I never miss on second putts no matter how far away I end up (and, yes, I have tried pretending that my first putts are actually second putts).

Horrid day today. 52-42/94.

Started quad-triple-double, so 9 over thru 3. 15 over the last 15 which included another triple on #7. Wound up with three pars and a birdie including -1 on the last three holes. The birdie was a long chip in on the par 3 17th and I was an inch low on 18 of finishing birdie-birdie.

Wish I could have taken a mulligan on the whole front nine.

Horrid day today. 52-42/94.

Started quad-triple-double, so 9 over thru 3. 15 over the last 15 which included another triple on #7. Wound up with three pars and a birdie including -1 on the last three holes. The birdie was a long chip in on the par 3 17th and I was an inch low on 18 of finishing birdie-birdie.

Wish I could have taken a mulligan on the whole front nine.

Good back 9 man...way to bounce back

^^^^^^ I Tapped That ^^^^^^

Yeah, WE and I were blowing putts past the hole today.

WE has too much adrenaline from the thought of getting his J40s in. And you've been working too hard JB, time to relax! :D

+7 today
between all the manual labor, the lunch runs, the setting up shop, and all the chaos i managed to sneak out an play 9 with a buddy
he was struggling which in turn didnt help me any
woulda been a +5 but i had to go for the gusto and go for it on #9... i was 177 out, wind in my face, water everywhere trying to make it in 2
not even a chance
it was my only double of the day

Shot 81 with 3 double bogies and three bogies. I am a 9 but played a lot better than that. Was in the water twice so maybe a little more patient and I will get back in the 70's. FORE!!

Shot 81 with 3 double bogies and three bogies. I am a 9 but played a lot better than that. Was in the water twice so maybe a little more patient and I will get back in the 70's. FORE!!

Nice shootin'!

It felt like a million over par and I wouldn't be surprised in the least if it was. It was bad. Real bad. I just don't understand. I can't take my range shots to the course. I putted really well today, I always had the line right, but couldn't get my speed right to save my life. I struggled mightily with the driver. Short game was very hit or miss. And irons and hybrids were DOA. I blame it on getting pulled over before my round and getting a seat belt ticket! HA!

Today was the most discouraged I have been on the course in a long time. I would hit a good shot every now and then, only to get my hopes up and then follow it up with 5 bad ones. GRRRRRRRRRRR!

43/40=83 More wind than yesterday and played a new course as well. Never have had a chance to play this course before, nice course look forward to playing it when the weather gets better. Couldn't putt worth anything. Worse than yesterday. 37 total putts...21/16, 5 three putts total. I'm really starting to think about going back to a standard length putter. As bad as my putting has been, my driving has been great, 71% of fairways today. 9/18 greens, but wasting a lot of good scoring chances inside 130 yards.

Beautiful day in South NJ - 60 degrees and sunny.
Shot 79 (37 - 42) thanks to my putting. I'm finding this belly putter to be one of the best golf investments I've made in recent years. Its starting to feel very natural, and rolls the ball nicely.

Horrid day today. 52-42/94.Started quad-triple-double, so 9 over thru 3. 15 over the last 15 which included another triple on #7. Wound up with three pars and a birdie including -1 on the last three holes. The birdie was a long chip in on the par 3 17th and I was an inch low on 18 of finishing birdie-birdie.Wish I could have taken a mulligan on the whole front nine.
Great back nine!

43/40=83 More wind than yesterday and played a new course as well. Never have had a chance to play this course before, nice course look forward to playing it when the weather gets better. Couldn't putt worth anything. Worse than yesterday. 37 total putts...21/16, 5 three putts total. I'm really starting to think about going back to a standard length putter. As bad as my putting has been, my driving has been great, 71% of fairways today. 9/18 greens, but wasting a lot of good scoring chances inside 130 yards.
Nice round PD, especially considering you had 37 putts!

+8/+7
didnt hit the ball too bad today but i let way too many pars turn into bogeys
driver was solid
hybrids were solid
irons were solid
chipping was suspect
and putting was atrocious
lost one ball on the back after thinking "hmmm i havent lost a ball all day"
at least it was warm outside and i teed off in front of the seniors not behind them lol

Back home after the weekend in Florida...I wanna go back. We started on the back nine today, played pretty well, made putts, shot 39, then turned to the front side and made a couple of putts to save par then missed a three foot birdie on three, make a two foot birdie on four, then three-jacked from 7 feet, four-putted from 20 feet, and missed two more short putts to shoot 41 on back. SEVEN putts on two holes, what the heck? I DIDN'T HAVE MY EYES OVER THE LINE. Why did it take so long to figure it out? 41 39 80

46/44-90 today. If I could get rid of the chunks and skulls I could be good at this game. Five pars and eight bogeys. Then five holes that want to make you take a mulligan(s).

I really like my new driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back