What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
48/42 90 at tuscany

no driver just teed off with 3h

missed so many greens just barely to the left or right or if I did hit it on line I overshot the green

I think I'll see what sort of fishing gear all these clubs could get me in a trade. I suck! Lesson incoming.

Uggghh....I think I will join you....while everybody else is playing golf in Myrtle Beach, we can go fish..LOL

I really struggled today...just couldn't get through the ball...blocked everything right and when I really tried to correct it I got duck hooks! Horrible day with the driver and couldn't putt for crap either....really really frustrating day...especially considering I played so well in the wind yesterday and today there was only a 10 mph breeze.

I hit 2 balls in the water and 3 tee shots went OOB and to make matters worse on the one hole where I hit a good drive and a good 2nd shot I had a 15 yard pitch that I shanked into a bunker and proceeeded to take 2 to get out of it.

The worst day I have had in over a year......45/50 for a fugly 95

Tarasc.png

39/40, 79 today
10/14 FIRs
6 GIRs

12 putts on the front 9 could be the least amount of putts for 9 holes that I have ever had. Left Driver in the bag a good bit today and mixed it up, was really focusing on staying in the fairway to stay out of trouble. Probably the best round of golf I have played this year! I was hitting some great iron shots today, and makes me think the work I have been putting in with them is starting to pay off.

Congrats War Eagle! Very solid round, J40's today?

That is awesome we.

Nice round War Eagle!

That is a killer round, WE.

Congrats War Eagle! Very solid round, J40's today?
Absolutely, they are the only irons I am playing for a while. I wasnt doing myself any favors switching up so much, and I decided a few weeks ago to pick a set (J40s) and really put in some work with them to get my game heading in the right direction. Not a long course by any means, but I was hitting some good shots. The range time working with the J40s as well as the setup that Freddie helped me with with seems to be paying off.
That is awesome we.
Thanks JB, The putter was rolling them well on the front and I was able to get up and down quite a bit to save par.

An up and down round for me today in 45 degree weather and wind.. Went out in 41 and came back in 41.. I made a couple of REALLY poor decisions because of the wind, which cost me a few times.. Four doubles, four bogeys, eight pars, and two birdies. I am pleased in that I played substantially better today in the wind than I did last weekend in it..

Shot 50 for nine holes this morning. Disappointing off the tee -- 20 yards shorter than I was averaging a few weeks ago. About to head out for 18, concentrate more on letting my arms drop into the slot instead of starting the downswing with a casting move (my typical tee shot flaw) -- I'll be back to let you know how that worked out.

103 for 18 -- couldn't fix the swing today. 20+ mph winds didn't help, but there's a lot of me in the problem. Time to take a few days off, I think.

Reading some of the other postings, sounds like maybe this is just a bad day for golf. Congratulations on the exceptions, like Kmac and Manic. -- And War Eagle!

Last edited:
39/40, 79 today
10/14 FIRs
6 GIRs

12 putts on the front 9 could be the least amount of putts for 9 holes that I have ever had. Left Driver in the bag a good bit today and mixed it up, was really focusing on staying in the fairway to stay out of trouble. Probably the best round of golf I have played this year! I was hitting some great iron shots today, and makes me think the work I have been putting in with them is starting to pay off.

Awesome round War! Congrats on the 79 and 9 putts? Unreal dude.

103 for 18 -- couldn't fix the swing today. 20+ mph winds didn't help, but there's a lot of me in the problem. Time to take a few days off, I think.

Reading some of the other postings, sounds like maybe this is just a bad day for golf. Congratulations on the exceptions, like Kmac and Manic.

Thanks John and stick with it man. I shot a 90 yesterday and man did I earn every 90 strokes. I had no driver swing myself but luckily this course was non driver friendly lol. We all have those days dude. Mine was teetering on the edge of one of those days and I just worked through it.

Nice round to put under your belt War!! Great job man.

Great round War Eagle!!

Congrats on the PB, Colt! And nice round for you War.

Hawk: Ouch.

Well I got in a pretty surprising round today as I don't normally play in weekends but the kid was at his Nana's and my wife wanted to garden so I ran out to the course. It was 20*c with no wind and it was the first round of the year in just shorts and a shirt, just heaven.
I put no pressure on myself today and I was geared up to put into practice some of the things I have read in putting out of your mind, and I have to say it worked, I've never putted better and felt so confident on the greens, I could kiss Bob Rotella.

Anyway time for the nitty gritty, I shot a 44/42 for a 86 which while not the best round I've ever had, we were playing the tips which play to 7203 yards and a rating/slope of 75.1/152 so its not exactly an easy course :alien:

The score doesn't really show it, but I played really well, and only had 29 putts and if I didn't make it today, I only just missed it. I had two holes where I just got into trouble by not playing smart and trying to take on too much carry over water, but other than those two holes I feel great about how I played.

I think I just had the best round of my life haha.

I hadn't played in a week because of school, so I wasn't expecting much today. The first five holes, I was eight over, mostly because of bad putting.

Then on the par 3 6th, I hit a 6 iron 165 to within 2 feet after hitting the flagstick. I almost got to post in the hole in one thread. So after a birdie there, I hit two solid shots and got up and down for par on the next hole. After that was another par 3, and I hit a 5 iron to within 3 feet from 180 yards, so I got another birdie. The last hole is a pretty short par 5, about 500 yards. The wind was with me, and I crushed a drive that went ~280 yards. My next shot was about 210 yards away, so I hit my three hybrid and hit it on the green. My eagle putt narrowly missed, so I had another tap in for birdie.

So, although I shot a 5 over 40, I hit it well especially on the last four holes. I gave away a few strokes putting though. If I can continue to play like this I'll be happy :act-up:

45/41 for me today. I'm pretty happy. I had 2 drops, and no birdies unfortunately. It was my first round with the manta and It worked awesome for me. I did have 1 3 putt but that was only due to me not concentrating, i missed a 3 footer. My drives were great, hit 4 over 270. Wedge game was abysmal, cost me 5 shots easy.

Well I got in a pretty surprising round today as I don't normally play in weekends but the kid was at his Nana's and my wife wanted to garden so I ran out to the course. It was 20*c with no wind and it was the first round of the year in just shorts and a shirt, just heaven.
I put no pressure on myself today and I was geared up to put into practice some of the things I have read in putting out of your mind, and I have to say it worked, I've never putted better and felt so confident on the greens, I could kiss Bob Rotella.

Anyway time for the nitty gritty, I shot a 44/42 for a 86 which while not the best round I've ever had, we were playing the tips which play to 7203 yards and a rating/slope of 75.1/152 so its not exactly an easy course :alien:

The score doesn't really show it, but I played really well, and only had 29 putts and if I didn't make it today, I only just missed it. I had two holes where I just got into trouble by not playing smart and trying to take on too much carry over water, but other than those two holes I feel great about how I played.
75.1/152, 7203 yards. :bulgy-eyes: Awesome score breezy, that course sounds like an absolute monster.

75.1/152, 7203 yards. :bulgy-eyes: Awesome score breezy, that course sounds like an absolute monster.
It is good sir, my club has two courses, the Mountain and the Valley, and today we played the Mountain which is ranked as the third most difficult course in Canada. I don't normally play the tips but one set up which still plays too 6754 and 72.9/147 still very healthy, but today was a money match and those were the tee's they wanted to play from.

Nice round Breezy! That is a bear of a course by the numbers man. Very well done!!

Nice round Breezy! That is a bear of a course by the numbers man. Very well done!!
Thanks buddy, it could have been really good, but just got a little cocky and tried to hit a couple of shots that even on my best day i'm not sure I have in my bag.

An absolutely abysmal 48 this afternoon. The best swing I took all day was the drive on #1. It was all downhill from there. Hit the range instead of playing the backside. I should have just gone home instead. Ugh!

shot a brutal 89 today at orange lake. Pitiful.

I hit my driver farther and moer consistent today than I have in a while. I ran through 6 fairways though and lost 2 balls because of it. Dang.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back