What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
shot a brutal 89 today at orange lake. Pitiful.

I hit my driver farther and moer consistent today than I have in a while. I ran through 6 fairways though and lost 2 balls because of it. Dang.
That sucks buddy. What wasnt working?

Helluva round, breeze!

Well I got in a pretty surprising round today as I don't normally play in weekends but the kid was at his Nana's and my wife wanted to garden so I ran out to the course. It was 20*c with no wind and it was the first round of the year in just shorts and a shirt, just heaven.
I put no pressure on myself today and I was geared up to put into practice some of the things I have read in putting out of your mind, and I have to say it worked, I've never putted better and felt so confident on the greens, I could kiss Bob Rotella.

Anyway time for the nitty gritty, I shot a 44/42 for a 86 which while not the best round I've ever had, we were playing the tips which play to 7203 yards and a rating/slope of 75.1/152 so its not exactly an easy course :alien:

The score doesn't really show it, but I played really well, and only had 29 putts and if I didn't make it today, I only just missed it. I had two holes where I just got into trouble by not playing smart and trying to take on too much carry over water, but other than those two holes I feel great about how I played.

That's a crazy tough course! I've never played a course over 7,000 yards, more power to you for challenging your game like that. I bet when you play something less than 6,500 yards you'll feel like it's easy.

Today I played El Dorado Park Golf Course in Long Beach, CA. This is my first time playing here or anywhere in Long Beach. The course has a nice layout and I guess holds the Long Beach Open.

Played from the blue tees: 6461 yards, Rating/Slope 71.0/121

To start, I played well! The type of game that I want to consistently play. My only big flaw today was my driver. It just didn't want to go straight. I scrambled a lot and it showed especially with my putts.

I shot 37/39 for a weird 76. I had 25 putts and no 3 jacks. Within 15' I made everything! A couple decent bombs as well. I made 3 birdies, 2 doubles, 3 bogeys, and the rest were pars. It was a solid day for me, just need to get the driver under control. Oh, and this is second round with new irons. Lovin them!!

Shot a 48/42 for a 90 on a couse that was new to me and golf4life. Cant believe Ive never played this course before as it was beautiful and challenging too. As you can see its not long but wow at some of the holes. Crazy elevation changes and not one flat lie all day. Really had to put your ball into the right spot. So having said that I was more then happy with my 90 and the 42 on the back. Had the usual stuff hold me back with bad tee shots all over the front and then my chipping got bad on the back. Rolled the Nome quite well despite the 36 total putts and annoying 3 jacks.

Screenshot2012-04-22at83546AM.png

Sorry for such a newb question but where do you create the scorecard like that? It would be nice to have those and watch my patterns.

44/45 for 89. With 39 putts.

44/49 for a 93 first round of the season. The front nine is a lot tougher than the back so it was a little bit of a disappointing round. Blew up for two 7s on the back, but I've never putt that well in my life. Must have had at least 9 one putts, just so much confidence with the spider. Just gotta figure out the short game and this season should be a good one.

Well I got in a pretty surprising round today as I don't normally play in weekends but the kid was at his Nana's and my wife wanted to garden so I ran out to the course. It was 20*c with no wind and it was the first round of the year in just shorts and a shirt, just heaven.
I put no pressure on myself today and I was geared up to put into practice some of the things I have read in putting out of your mind, and I have to say it worked, I've never putted better and felt so confident on the greens, I could kiss Bob Rotella.

Anyway time for the nitty gritty, I shot a 44/42 for a 86 which while not the best round I've ever had, we were playing the tips which play to 7203 yards and a rating/slope of 75.1/152 so its not exactly an easy course :alien:

The score doesn't really show it, but I played really well, and only had 29 putts and if I didn't make it today, I only just missed it. I had two holes where I just got into trouble by not playing smart and trying to take on too much carry over water, but other than those two holes I feel great about how I played.

Great round from the tips Breezy!! You are gonna make me go buy that book!

Sorry for such a newb question but where do you create the scorecard like that? It would be nice to have those and watch my patterns.

I believe that is from the GolfShot app on a smart phone...but since there are several apps like that, I could be wrong

Iron play I guess. I never 3-putted, but made some poor tee decisions off the tee, hit it too far, and it stymied me.

Im playing well just gotta lace it together. I had 5 doubles from this recipe yesterday. Got a couple of unlucky breaks too.

That sucks buddy. What wasnt working?

I believe that is from the GolfShot app on a smart phone...but since there are several apps like that, I could be wrong

TBT is correct that is the Golfshot Lite app since it doesnt include the GPS part just scorecard function.

Sunday was terrible. I couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. 43+43 = 86.
The only thing that was working yesterday was the Ghost Spider.

Played the Kintyre couse at Turnberry today. Not sure exactly what my score was as I lost a ball at the 14th and as it was a bounce game I didn't go back to hit another one. I was +4 for the other 17 holes. I played quite well and had a few drives around the 300 yard mark as a result of firm fairways and a helping wind.

Last edited:
Shot a 90 today at my school's course, first time playing it and only my 3rd round of the year so was happy with it, even though it is frustrating looking back at the round and some of the putts I missed that would have allowed me to break 90.

TBT is correct that is the Golfshot Lite app since it doesnt include the GPS part just scorecard function.

Thanks so much! I found it and put my last round in. I love this site!

Shot an 84. Best so far this season.

Want to thank SeeMore Putters - I had 26 putts. My last 3 rounds with my White Hot #7 I was at least 40 per round.

Shot a terrible 42 playing 9 today. Hit 2 good shots the entire 9. While the score is not THAT bad, the overall ball striking was.

I have a complete lack of focus when playing golf by myself and must get it fixed.

Shot an 84. Best so far this season.

Want to thank SeeMore Putters - I had 26 putts. My last 3 rounds with my White Hot #7 I was at least 40 per round.

Congrats! Don't think I'll ever switch from a SeeMore...love the RST, just plain works!

Shot a terrible 42 playing 9 today. Hit 2 good shots the entire 9. While the score is not THAT bad, the overall ball striking was.

I have a complete lack of focus when playing golf by myself and must get it fixed.

I have the same problem, Cookie. I always look to get paired up with someone when I go out, because I seem to play worse when I play alone. It's so weird.

Played yesterday and had a horrible front nine and a great back nine. Shot 49 on the front but most of that was in the first 3 holes. Then on the back I couldn't hit a bad shot. Shot 39 on the back nine. One of those what could have been rounds if I hadn't played so badly on the front.

I said a tap tap tappity tap

Cookie, do what I do when playing a round by yourself. Dont worry about scoring, just work on your game and course management. Treat it like you would a range session.

Cookie, do what I do when playing a round by yourself. Dont worry about scoring, just work on your game and course management. Treat it like you would a range session.

you still keep score though?

Screenshot_2-1.jpg

I'll take it and RUN since I was battling fixing the hooks all day off the tee until my last two holes (8 and 9). The i20's saved my arse and with my tee shots I was fortunate to only have 31 putts.

Played 18 at The trails of Frisco today with borrowed (too short and way too soft flex shafts lol) but I still managed to shoot a +13 round which I am very happy about under the circumstances! And I really liked that course!

Tappin' for world peace in HD!

After posting an 87 Saturday, I got it together much better today and carded a 79. 37/42 but I bogied the last 4 holes to finish the round, I guess I was running out of gas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back