What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smallville

#ICanHitADraw
Reaction score
Handicap
In Flux
I did not have an individual score as I was playing in a charity scramble, our team placed 3rd, we used about 10 of my drives and I did make a couple of putts. Fun day for sure.

You probably would have shot about a 68 on your own, DD. Just put it in the books.

Shot an absolutely embarrassing 98. First time at the course, very challenging course. Even from the fairway, there is not a single hole in the course where there is a flat lie. Everything was a side hill, uphill, or downhill lie. Beautiful course, but I was there as a prospective member, and the course design is not for me.

Dan

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

I shot very very bad

I did not have an individual score as I was playing in a charity scramble, our team placed 3rd, we used about 10 of my drives and I did make a couple of putts. Fun day for sure.

Only 10 of your drives? You must have been a little off today. I don't think you missed more than two fairways when we played last week.

38/45, 83.

Cruised along the front 9 playing so well and had that feeling that I couldn't miss.

Was 2 over thru 10, then the slow play in front of us killed me. Went double, double, bogey, triple.

Couldn't get in a rhythm waiting 15 minutes between each shot. So frustrating to have a round go south like that.

Left the course with just a discouraging mindset about my game.

2 under on the front and 1 over on the back for a 1 under 71 today ! Boy am I glad I had that shoulder surgery in October. I think it has really helped my game.

Shot an improving 83 and with a little luck with well rolled putts dropping in might have been 79 or 80. 2 birdies and 2 more that rolled around the hole. 3 doubles and that hurt, I really need to sharpen my focus and not have these lapses and breakdowns that lead to these doubles. I do feel the swing is getting better and just not that far off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Played in my team match play this afternoon after a pretty rough morning round in rain soaked Ohio..

Anywho, I really turned it around and shot my YTD best of 73, which felt absolutely awesome. 35/38. A cool 12 stroke improvement from the morning round hahaha!

Didn't keep score, but I'm guessing 60+ (9 Hole). It was windy, but that's definitely no excuse for how flat-out awful I played. Ugh.

Played with SeeMoreGuy, cpljohnst, and lmaz today at Wolf Creek. Really awesome golf course right next to ATL Airport.

First 4 holes were all kinds of bad. My swing was no bueno and I was spraying it everywhere. Then, I found a rhythm. Got my swing worked and started hitting good golf shots. Made 3 birdie and finished with +2 74. Mentally, It was the best I've been all year. I could've easily lost, but I dug deep and stayed patient. It was just a fun round and really awesome course. Also, the Classic XL is a bomber. Nuff Said.

Played with SeeMoreGuy, cpljohnst, and lmaz today at Wolf Creek. Really awesome golf course right next to ATL Airport.

First 4 holes were all kinds of bad. My swing was no bueno and I was spraying it everywhere. Then, I found a rhythm. Got my swing worked and started hitting good golf shots. Made 3 birdie and finished with +2 74. Mentally, It was the best I've been all year. I could've easily lost, but I dug deep and stayed patient. It was just a fun round and really awesome course. Also, the Classic XL is a bomber. Nuff Said.

Great job man. Way to bounce back and battle to a great round.

Played in my team match play this afternoon after a pretty rough morning round in rain soaked Ohio..

Anywho, I really turned it around and shot my YTD best of 73, which felt absolutely awesome. 35/38. A cool 12 stroke improvement from the morning round hahaha!

Kick a$$ man.

I shot a 94 today. It all started when I putted my ball off the green on hole #5, back down into the fairway. The greens are starting to get a little quickness back after recent aeration. I never could get the feel down.

Great job JawGa Dan! :D :clapp:

I shot a 94 today. It all started when I putted my ball off the green on hole #5, back down into the fairway. The greens are starting to get a little quickness back after recent aeration. I never could get the feel down.

I can easily see putting off of that green from behind any pin location. You will be rolling birdies in all next week buddy.

Thank you my fine friend!!! Sounds like Monroe golf balls need a breaking system on them nowadays!

I can easily see putting off of that green from behind any pin location. You will be rolling birdies in all next week buddy.

I'm saving all the good stuff for next week :thumb:

It was fun watching JT turn his round back to the positive. By the time we got to the back nine you could tell he was just feeling it. He was really booming that Classic XL and the drives on the last two par 5's were just awe inspiring.

Really enjoyed meeting Lmaz. SeeMoreGuy and I always have a blast when playing together. JT gave him a little lesson on alignment that I think is going to really help SMG's game.

Below are my stats. I had 3 blow up holes but played pretty good on the rest. I was so close to having a higher GIR number, with several approaches that landed just on the fringe. Actually pleased with the round for my first time playing this course. Note the tees JT played from where the Gold, which were 500 yards farther than the blue.

5112013WolfCreekGCAtlantaGA_zpscc143766.jpg

38/45, 83.

Cruised along the front 9 playing so well and had that feeling that I couldn't miss.

Was 2 over thru 10, then the slow play in front of us killed me. Went double, double, bogey, triple.

Couldn't get in a rhythm waiting 15 minutes between each shot. So frustrating to have a round go south like that.

Left the course with just a discouraging mindset about my game.

Bump.

I've seen quite a bit of 'really low nine, not-so-low-nine' out of you Captain. What's the story? Slow play is not an excuse! hah!

Bump.

I've seen quite a bit of 'really low nine, not-so-low-nine' out of you Captain. What's the story? Slow play is not an excuse! hah!
Im not one to blame poor play on something, but today, it was obvious. Brutal out there. Catching up to 4 foursomes of Senior Ladies? Ugh.

I hit a run of bad holes that just pi$$ed me off, and I got frustrated. Nothing like hitting a poor shot, then thinking about it for 10 minutes until I can drop and hit another.

Excellent 73. But, were you really complaining this afternoon about an 85? Come on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back