What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Winter golf is better than no golf at all! Forty degrees, north wind at 15, and sloppy wet from all the rain. Other than that, perfect. Ball striking was pretty good (except for coming up two clubs short on lots of shots.) Putting was a bit of a problem, as I left several putts just short. 82 (42,40)

Shot a 40/42 82 today. I actually played quite well but the frozen ground and -10* Celcius weather made chipping and wedge play completely random. Drives were long though as the fairways were basically green cartpaths haha. Longest one was 334 yards which was quite fun.

Very nice winter shootin guys. I wouldnt even touch this weather!

Shot a 105. Miserable. My game inside of 100 yards is just killing me right now.

45/45 for a 90 today. Driver was OK today, short irons and wedges were on. Struggled with the long irons and hybrids, along with a shaky putter. My game is a work in progress but I'm still taking away some positives.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Went 47/45 for a 92. That was with 4 three putts...I braved the weather (thank god the wind was down), but the cold never let me get a feel for my putter. with the ground as hard as it was my drives were rolling out to better approach yardages. Wedges were crisp, but on the green I had trouble with feel.

42/42 for an 84. Course was drenched and soggy. Actually hit the ball well minus 1 in the drink.. but the greens were horrific .. not a good day putting..

Wet course today but game was on. At least through 14.... Was 3 under standing on the 15th tee with no bogeys to that point. Proceeded to bogey 15, 16 and 18 with some ill timed bad shots on those holes but did manage to throw a birdie up on 17 to finish at 1 under 71. Best score of the year so I am not going to complain!

Shot a 78 today. Not bad today playing from the back tees with temps in the low 40s.

4 over thru 6 holes.. 28 strokes thru a par of 24. for the first time playing in almost two months, I'm pretty happy with this... was absolutely puring all of my irons, wedges were on, and putting was pretty dang good..

Played yesterday at Shingle Creek in Orlando. My first time playing it. Not a bad course at all, especially for the price. Got a golf now deal of $45. I shot an 88, certainly not my best. Pace of play was an issue. Had to wait on just about every shot on the back nine and played the last two holes in near darkness. They had a lot of people on the course.

Wet course today but game was on. At least through 14.... Was 3 under standing on the 15th tee with no bogeys to that point. Proceeded to bogey 15, 16 and 18 with some ill timed bad shots on those holes but did manage to throw a birdie up on 17 to finish at 1 under 71. Best score of the year so I am not going to complain!

Awesome round, expecially as wet as it has been here in middle Georgia. Hope it has been a little better down your way Scott.

Played yesterday at Shingle Creek in Orlando. My first time playing it. Not a bad course at all, especially for the price. Got a golf now deal of $45. I shot an 88, certainly not my best. Pace of play was an issue. Had to wait on just about every shot on the back nine and played the last two holes in near darkness. They had a lot of people on the course.

New course, slow play, not bad at all buddy. At least you got to play Barry, it has been miserable here for several days running, only got in 1 round last week and it is bad out there today.

I had the worst day of golf EVER yesterday. I wanted to throw my clubs in the lake and kick puppies. I don't know what the hell happened, but I quit keeping score after the front nine. I had already gone 20 over!! I honestly belive that I was well over 100 and I haven't done that since early 2000's. My partner said he had never seen me stand with the posture that I had (hunched shoulders and straightish legs). I felt like I had good posture. I tried to concentrate on my shoulder turn and completely messed everything up. This swing change has ruined my game.......oh well, there's always next time.
Rob

And oh yea, it was a beautiful day, high 60's low 70's...hanging with my buddies. If it was cold, I could understand, but dang. What a waste of a day. At least it was golf and not work.

I stayed in that compound last trade show I attended in Orlando. Never had the chance to play, but the course looked nice from the room. Would you play it again?

I stayed in that compound last trade show I attended in Orlando. Never had the chance to play, but the course looked nice from the room. Would you play it again?

I would play it again. For price and convenience to the area I usually stay at it will find a place in our rotation. . There are so many good courses in Orlando though that I haven't played yet.

I shot an 85 with an asterisk today. 6 penalty strokes and 31 putts.

I played the first 2 holes at my normal white tees but it's 34 and raining here. By hole 3 the balls were cold as was I and I couldn't get a driver out further than 190 and my 7i was around 130. Everything was wet, balls wouldn't compress and mushed into the fairway so I moved up to the senior tees. Had I not hit 2 tee shots into the water because my distances were so off I may have shot a pb 81. Still beats being stuck in the house though.

I tried to get out and play today but the rain put a halt to it. I made it through 11 holes and gave up. I was already at a 78 and on track for a 120. I shot a 107 on the same course when it was dry. My drives were ok for my standard but my irons where less consistent than normal. I can't play my fairway woods at all. Just too inconsistent with them.

Man it's tough when it's wet. My usual iron miss is slightly fat and costs me a little distance, when it's wet by "slightly fat" turns into digging a six inch deep trench behind the ball and going nowhere.

Only played 9 holes this afternoon and shot 37 (1over par) off the back tees. I had 1 birdie, 2 bogies and 6 pars. Definitely hitting the ball better and feeling way more confident that my game will come back to what it was before I stopped playing. 5 birdie putts but only 3 of those were realistically makeable but still happy.

I haven't played since Friday...we had a six hour window without rain on Friday and I managed to get in a round... shot 76...missed a few short birdie putts but aint that always the story...hope to play again tomorrow when we get another break from the rain

Shot a 46/45-91 today, could not hole any putts to save my life, 5 three putts...I am in the middle of changing my grip which didnt help. The greens were very soft and damp today too, thats my excuse anyway.

Still, nice to be out, hit 10/14 fairways so thats a plus.

I'm playing the Roman Road course at the Celtic Manor tomorrow, super cheap green fee's there this week, have to take advantage as working away thur/fri.

I haven't played since Friday...we had a six hour window without rain on Friday and I managed to get in a round... shot 76...missed a few short birdie putts but aint that always the story...hope to play again tomorrow when we get another break from the rain

Nice round, man.

I went 45/46 for a 91 on a new course. It's 35 degrees and this is a pretty long course for me at 6300 yards. Between that and how wet it is out I just couldn't get the distance I needed.

Beats being inside on the couch.

37, 2 over par. 8 pars and one stupid double bogey. Hit the ball so well apart from one hole.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back