What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I somehow shot a PB 39 (4 over) on a short muni beside my house. I honestly thought the round was awful as I wasn't hitting the ball "well" but I was putting pretty decent (15 putts) and I was driving the ball ok and aside from the 2 par 5's I didn't have an approach shot longer than a 7i.

Birdied the last hole (only one and first time I've birdied it) and when I hit submit on Golf Logix I was expecting a 43-45. Almost choked when it said 39.

I somehow shot a PB 39 (4 over) on a short muni beside my house. I honestly thought the round was awful as I wasn't hitting the ball "well" but I was putting pretty decent (15 putts) and I was driving the ball ok and aside from the 2 par 5's I didn't have an approach shot longer than a 7i.

Birdied the last hole (only one and first time I've birdied it) and when I hit submit on Golf Logix I was expecting a 43-45. Almost choked when it said 39.

Did you miss inputting a hole or something??? I kid congrats on your PB. Feels good doesn't it?

Amphibians can Tapatalk... Fear the Frog!

I had a disappointing 84 today---42/42. I'm really not fond of the cold and today's high was in the mid forties. Can't blame the weather though, except maybe the lack of carry. I was short all day with irons, even after clubbing up. I need to get some low compression balls for this weather, maybe Wilson 50's or something.

Did you miss inputting a hole or something??? I kid congrats on your PB. Feels good doesn't it?

Amphibians can Tapatalk... Fear the Frog!

I checked that hahaha, No I had a string of 4 ugly pars in a row and it was all chipping (I only hit 2 greens out of 9). The 4 pars were so bad that they felt like bogeys and it just didn't feel like a good round if you know what I mean.

A 61 on 9 holes. This game is killing me. I had an awesome day on the range yesterday and apparently didn't retain any of it.

Shot even par 35 on the last week of my simulator league. 7 pars 1 bogey and 1 birdie.

A 61 on 9 holes. This game is killing me. I had an awesome day on the range yesterday and apparently didn't retain any of it.

Keep plugging away! It'll come.

Sometimes this is the way it is CRW...Golf is funny that way...I've had many days when I've warmed up on the range , hitting it solid and then went out and played like a bum...conversely I've had just as many days when warming up on the range I hit it like crap and then went out and played well...go figure....just hang in there buddy !

Shot an 80 today...went 44 on the front side with 3 pars, 4 bogies and 2 double bogies. Came back to life on the back side shooting even par 36 with 7 pars 1 birdie and 1 bogey ...such is golf

Got out this afternoon, I had been struggling with mid and long irons and the first couple of holes it was more of the same...on the 5th hole I made a slight adjustment and starting setting my wrists a little quicker and suddenly not only was I hitting my mid and long irons better..but everything was crisper...nice ball striking day.

41/42 = 83

Hope to play at least 2 more rounds this weekend and I am excited to get back on the course.

Got out this afternoon, I had been struggling with mid and long irons and the first couple of holes it was more of the same...on the 5th hole I made a slight adjustment and starting setting my wrists a little quicker and suddenly not only was I hitting my mid and long irons better..but everything was crisper...nice ball striking day.

41/42 = 83

Hope to play at least 2 more rounds this weekend and I am excited to get back on the course.

Nice round TBT. Those "good ballstriking" days are what it's all about for me. When those occur I remember them for quite a while.

Nice round TBT. Those "good ballstriking" days are what it's all about for me. When those occur I remember them for quite a while.

Thanks buddy....after I made that change it just seemed like I flushed everything, I am really hoping the rain they predicted for tomorrow holds off so I can head out again.

Today was a rough one for me. I shot a PB on nine yesterday, had a bit of time this afternoon and went back (this little muni is a mile from my house and charges 5 bucks to walk nine in the winter) and I destroyed it with a 45. My driving was great aside from one hole where I snap hooked it into the woods. First hole I hit 255 right down the middle. 3rd hole I hit it 248 down the left side, etc. All my drives were bombs for the temp BUT I couldn't hit an iron to save my life. Yesterday the shots weren't pretty but they went where they needed to go. Today, the shots had the height and they were long but wayyyy left. I'd adjust and the next iron would be even further left.

Chipping was good, I've not hit a 58* wedge that good in a long time but I just couldn't make anything happen that would get me from the fairway to the green in even a remotely sane number of shots.

Well, today showed why I can't seem to lower my handicap....shot 83 yesterday...today 94...UGH

It was pretty ugly...doubled the first 2 holes, then ran off 4 straight pars..then went bogey, bogey, triple to shoot 45 on the front and then the back was just ugly 5 3 putts, 3 bunkers, 3 penalty strokes for a 49.

Oh, well there is always tomorrow.

82...left a few 3 foot putts out there today...sigh

Shot another 83 today: 42/41. I was cruising along at 1 over through 7 and suddenly lost all rhythm. It just seemed that I was out of sync. Hit only 5 GIR. Putting helped (29) and chipping. I know it's a tough time of the year to have a smooth, relaxed swing when you're freezing butt off, but it's still frustrating. I need me some Florida sunshine.

Shot another 83 today: 42/41. I was cruising along at 1 over through 7 and suddenly lost all rhythm. It just seemed that I was out of sync. Hit only 5 GIR. Putting helped (29) and chipping. I know it's a tough time of the year to have a smooth, relaxed swing when you're freezing butt off, but it's still frustrating. I need me some Florida sunshine.

Not a bad score at all for the time of year.

Well, today showed why I can't seem to lower my handicap....shot 83 yesterday...today 94...UGH

It was pretty ugly...doubled the first 2 holes, then ran off 4 straight pars..then went bogey, bogey, triple to shoot 45 on the front and then the back was just ugly 5 3 putts, 3 bunkers, 3 penalty strokes for a 49.

Oh, well there is always tomorrow.
There's always tomorrow! Go get 'em, Tim!

Ain't that the truth! Florida is not that far away either. 83 is not such a bad score though, I have had some stinkers this week, 86 and 89 those wet, cold, windy days and 79 today in mostly dry and not so windy conditions. Yeah, Florida golf is sounding good.

Had a chance to play around between work in Madrid, awesome rental clubs! :) They might have been older than me! The driver was smaller than my 3-wood, the putter had been twisted unusable, so I putted with a 4-hybrid the whole round :D

Shot 81, with one birdie!

aha3u4yv.jpg

They probably had some newer models in right handed clubs, Castor. :act-up:

Had a chance to play around between work in Madrid, awesome rental clubs! :) They might have been older than me! The driver was smaller than my 3-wood, the putter had been twisted unusable, so I putted with a 4-hybrid the whole round :D

Shot 81, with one birdie!

aha3u4yv.jpg

81 with that junk is awesome. ..well done!

Western Skiles, Gilbert, AZ. I shot a 94 yesterday (par 72). Overall some very good takeaways. Last time I played there I shot 100. I took only 33 putts, 15 on the front. No penalties, used one ball all 18 holes. I hit all the fairways on the front but only two on the back (8/14). That is still a big improvement for me. I should have shot closer to 90 but had a couple blow up holes on each 9.

Fired a little 70 at my home track. Hit 10 greens in reg, 2 putted 9, I putted the other and one putted the ones I missed. The one putt on 15 was an eagle. Four of the greens I missed the ball spun off the front. The other were just on the fringe.

Fired a little 70 at my home track. Hit 10 greens in reg, 2 putted 9, I putted the other and one putted the ones I missed. The one putt on 15 was an eagle. Four of the greens I missed the ball spun off the front. The other were just on the fringe.

Good shooting sir!

Shot a 49 over 9 holes despite a huge improvement off the tee and with my irons. Too many putts, Occasionally stupid wedge play. Dumb things like pulling the club I think I can make the green with instead of the club I'm certain I can make the green with. So while I'm bummed that I did not get a better score, I'm really happy with my overall play. I'll shoot much better next time I get out there. Feels like forever that I have a swing to groove instead of a swing that still needs a ton of work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back