What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dayuuum dude you played golf in this windy cold weather today :bulgy-eyes:. An 87 is more like a 77 at least. Good round buddy :clapp:
C'mon, Bill, you remember those days. I walked, too. Had to give the new Alphard Duo Cart a workout.

The fun in windy golf is hitting 208 yard drivers and 265 yard 3-woods. It's all in what direction you're going, I guess.

I played at Longleaf GC in Southern Pines today and since I was a single they started me out on the back so I wouldn't get stuck behind everyone. I got to the first tee and I was teeing off in front of a twosome that was coming off #9. I was still feeling rushed most of the first 9 holes because I ended up playing through another older couple but I just couldn't settle down and relax and play my game. I ended up shooting a 49 on the back 9 and then was able to calm down and play like I know I can and shot a 38 on the front for a 87!!!! It was a great way to finish. I was crushing my Driver today and hit 85% FIR I just couldn't get my irons dialed in but I was chipping and putting good which saved me. All in all a decent round for me!

Not sure how I got it done but shot a 76 today. Never felt comfortable and didn't hit anything remarkable

Not sure how I got it done but shot a 76 today. Never felt comfortable and didn't hit anything remarkable

Strong work FK.

76 is great for a ho-hum, nothing feels good round.

Yeah thats what I need... shoot 76 in a round where nothing good happened lol. Good work buddy

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Played with Bulldog at Sand Creek Station this past Sunday. A great deal $22 including a cart and a free sleeve of balls. But my swing just wasn't there...combined with the chill and higher-than-forecast winds...I quit keeping score after 6 holes. Had more fun after that :)

Played in a fun Christmas tournament with the gals at Monroe CC today. I won low gross with a 79 but the rules were a bit relaxed. We had a mulligan on each side, were able to improve our lie a club length through the green, and had a few other bonuses here and there. I probably really shot mid 80's but I'll take it! I didn't win the ugly sweater contest. I was a bit disappointed that the girls actually liked my sweater.

Played in a fun Christmas tournament with the gals at Monroe CC today. I won low gross with a 79 but the rules were a bit relaxed. We had a mulligan on each side, were able to improve our lie a club length through the green, and had a few other bonuses here and there. I probably really shot mid 80's but I'll take it! I didn't win the ugly sweater contest. I was a bit disappointed that the girls actually liked my sweater.

That made me chuckle, nice win Kelly.

Even for 4 holes. I think I'm totally out of my slump now!

46 front with 3 three jacks and 39 back with on penalty..10/18 GIR and 6/14 fairways.

I shot an 81 today, wasn't really happy with it. Only one double but still to many bogey's for my liking.

117. A lot of mis-hits with my hybrid/fairway woods and 45 putts.

117. A lot of mis-hits with my hybrid/fairway woods and 45 putts.

45 putts will kill anything that resembles a decent round. I know that all too well. I know you're doing the PGA Tour Academy lessons. Just stick with the putting practice. I struggled at first with speed, but now I average 31 putts.

I think some of my additional putting comes from poor approach shots that end up on the green or it's edge but 20-30 feet away from the pin.

What did you shoot today?

38 on the local par 3 course. Hit two greens but three jacked them. Had 20 putts. Got up and down twice however.

Shot 80 today (40/40). 11 bogeys. 6 pars and a birdie. Putted well today, made a couple long ones, kept most of my long misses within two putt range. Might be the last round of the year.

Shot 80 today (40/40). 11 bogeys. 6 pars and a birdie. Putted well today, made a couple long ones, kept most of my long misses within two putt range. Might be the last round of the year.

Nice round!

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Not a terrible way to end it Smalls. Nice round.

42. Barf.

91....UGH!!! Three putts are killing me. Had 4 today. Just couldn't get speed down. Positives was I drive the ball great & made great contact with my irons/wedges.

Tapping away on my iPhone

Shot a deplorable 52 on the front nine. Wedges weren't cooperating, irons were inconsistent. 21 putts. All the things I know I need to get out of my system.

Since my score was boned anyway, and because I caught up to a threesome to tie in with, I decided to just relax and half fun. Proceeded to shoot a 9-hole personal best 44, parred both the par 3's, drove the ball extremely well, and did a much better job of pitching and chipping. Combined a 96 isn't so hot, but a 44 on the back feels amazing. Just need to relax and enjoy it a bit more, and my warmup time needs to consist of much more chipping and pitching than my full swing.

Any positive takeaways?

Yep, ingraining that left hip to start the downswing. Came along nicely at the end of the round. No doubles on the day, just a little inconsistent while making some changes which is natural. Hit a 38 footer to end the day, which was nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back