What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice round for a new course. Golfing the first day after the big move...nice!

Sitting the the hotel suite is not an option. Was checking out an apartment and there just happened to be a golf course nearby. Like the golf course, not sure on the apartment.

A disappointing, tale-of-two-nines, 89 (41/48). And the 41 included 3 water balls, while I played the same ball for the entire back 9. :bulgy-eyes:

40 for nine holes. Bogeyed the first three holes, then had a birdie and par, then a double, two pars and a bogey. Played four more holes but didn't finish the nine.

40 for nine holes. Bogeyed the first three holes, then had a birdie and par, then a double, two pars and a bogey. Played four more holes but didn't finish the nine.

Nice 40 smalls!

105 today at Esplanade at Lakewood ranch CC. I played so much better than 105. 52 on the front with a "mishap" in the sand costing me an extra 3 strokes. Then I played bogey golf on the back until 17 and 18 blew up in my face. Very frustrating since my ball striking was so good all day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

42/40 for an 82 with 2 birdies today and I missed a little 4-foot breaker for birdie on the 18th. Good round for me, though.

99 today. Met my goal. Break 100. No driver (left it at home) and still hit the 3 wood like crap. Iron play really nice for me today and made some nice approach shots, and putted well. Ecstatic my short game was on, been working really hard on that. I felt much more confidence stepping up to every shot (other than woods).

I still remember that first time breaking 100--this is awesome! great work!

Yesterday: Coming off a slight wrist sprain and a pulled oblique, shot a disappointing 90. I swear it only takes a week or so of not swinging for me to get out of sorts. Off to the range to fix it again. Will be in fine shape by the time I go home to Indy.

Shot an 83 yesterday. 41/42. Hit almost every fairway and struck the ball great. If it wasn't for my touch around the greens and putting being so awful I would have realistically been around 77/78

I had a lesson scheduled today, but I cancelled because the weather was so nice and got up to Lane Creek to play with two of my favorite people: Ole Gray and KellyBo. One of their fellow members joined us and I was trying to recruit him to THP! It was so good to see KB back out on the course again! And OG started getting that driver going too! We both love the Big Bertha! We had a blast, even though the last few holes were slow because the course was backed up. I was absolutely bombing the Big Bertha today and I think the only two fairways I missed were the last two holes after waiting on the tee box for about 20 minutes. Struck my irons pretty well and dropped some bombs on the green, even though I missed two or three inside of 6 feet.

I finished 37/38 - 75 for a new personal best by 1! And this round almost didn't even happen because of my scheduled lesson! So glad I was able to do it with THPers. Here's the scorecard:

Congrats again on the new PB, I have a feeling it is going to be falling again soon. Keep up the good work buddy.
So glad that you were able to work out the lesson schedule to be able to get this round in, yesterday was absolutely beautiful. It would have been a shame to have missed playing on so many different levels.

I had a lesson scheduled today, but I cancelled because the weather was so nice and got up to Lane Creek to play with two of my favorite people: Ole Gray and KellyBo. One of their fellow members joined us and I was trying to recruit him to THP! It was so good to see KB back out on the course again! And OG started getting that driver going too! We both love the Big Bertha! We had a blast, even though the last few holes were slow because the course was backed up. I was absolutely bombing the Big Bertha today and I think the only two fairways I missed were the last two holes after waiting on the tee box for about 20 minutes. Struck my irons pretty well and dropped some bombs on the green, even though I missed two or three inside of 6 feet.

I finished 37/38 - 75 for a new personal best by 1! And this round almost didn't even happen because of my scheduled lesson! So glad I was able to do it with THPers. Here's the scorecard:

ScreenShot2014-05-04at102029PM_zps3faf4530.png

Well done. That's an excellent round.

Played at Lick Creek today play on the blue tee's at 6900. Shot 51/47=98, and putts 19/15=34. Had a rough front and just couldn't hit anything. Kept at it and finally changed some stuff up on the 14th and start playing great. Had three pars in a row and that just felt awesome. Was going to play 9 more after feeling great on the back nine but there were some folks waiting to tee off. Can't wait to get back out there and get at it after figuring what was wrong with my game.

You just keep at it. You're going to play well in Florida!

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

I will man, say if I can put like I did yesterday and play my round like I did 14-18 I can post some low scores. I finally figure out that I was standing to far away and once I got closer I was just hitting bombs with the driver and shorts with the irons where I was aiming at. Aslong as I do that and a nice slow and smooth swing I will have a awesome game and my scores will be dropping.
You just keep at it. You're going to play well in Florida!

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Got a last minute invite to play Stirling.

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?46667-Stirling-Golf-Club-a-few-pics

2014-05-05%20card.png

Played stableford with a friend but shot 100 and really pleased with that. Plays about the same distance off yellows as my home course does from whites (and slightly higher slope) so lowest score of the year for me.

Unfortunately didn't hit a decent iron shot till the 18th, as a result, I felt I left quite a a few out there.

On the plus side - no penalties, several decent length drives (no trouble off tee at all, 3w and 3h were very good, wedges also played their part.
15 putts on the way out, 18 back with 3 lipouts. (More a reflection on wedges than putting but super happy regardless.)

43 yesterday walking an early nine. This course was in sad shape with hardly and grass in the fw's and all the greens are dead or extremely patchy. Don't think I'll be back, they still charge $42 a round to play on crap.

41/41 for a sloppy 82 yesterday. I could absolutely not get off the tee to save my life. Driver/fairway, didnt matter. Lost at least 5 strokes just punching back out to the fairway from poor tee shots. Looking back on the round, an 82 actually feels pretty good considering the greens were punched and I hit it off the planet from the tee. Hitting the range all week trying to get ready for a tournament this friday.

Started out yesterday at Fair Oaks in Oakland Tn. 3 putting the first 3 greens for bogey, bogey, double bogey. Ended up with 39/37 for 76! I think I figured something out after those holes about my putting! Will see next time!

Saturday was probably the worst golf I've played in the last few years! The weather was atrocious and eventually rained us out through 10 holes.

Got off to a bad start when the lightning alarm held us back then we lost our spot and had to start on #2 because the group in front of us took literally 10 mins for all 4 to hit their drives (think Kevin Na mixed with Sergio [backing off and adjusting grip]). So we started on a par 3 and had no warm up. Basically I hit the ball decent from tee to green but simply could not make the adjustment to the now soggy greens. This track has mini tour events and has great and quick greens but I couldn't make the adjustment. Most of the holes were GIR however I three putted every single hole on the front. Also on 2 of my non-GIR's I went pin hunting on a green protected by water and both times I took extra club and hit it on the button...yet both times came up short (could not understand it at all).

Luckily the weather gave me a reprieve after #11.

The only cool part was the 2 guys we got paired up with were really cool. Both were enormous human beings...my partner and I eventually figured out they were Miami Dolphins (QB Matt Moore and OLB Jason Trusnik). They were very nice and damn good golfers.

50/47 for a 97. Hit 4 GIR which isn't bad for where I'm at and 42 putts which is higher than I would have liked. Ball striking still frustrating me a bit with biggest mistakes being quick tempo and early club-head release leading to fat/weak shots. The good news - more positive takeaways than negative in this round. When I can control my tempo and hold my angle/posture - I'm seeing distances I've never seen before. 9 irons are going 140-145, which that was my 115-125 club at the end of last year. I never thought of pulling anything shorter than a 4h from beyond 160 before, but knocked a 6 iron 180 yds on two occasions and a 5i about 190. After chopping my 3 wood an inch down to 42", we're starting to create a nice bond. Drives were high fades but very much consistent and controllable, settling in usually at about 225yds. I'm working on a more penetrating flight off the driver and when I did get a hold of one, it rolled out to about 280yds. All in all felt good about the round.

I can't decide if it was a disappointing score, or to be pleased with what I shot.....shot a 93 today in the charity event which ordinarily I would not be happy with, but after the swing changes I am going through it wasn't actually that bad as there were 3 holes that probably cost me nearly 8 shots due to penalties and OOB so it could easily have been a mid 80 round

Yesterdays round at the famous Mirimichi golf course, shot 47/42 for 89 with 37 putts.
http://oobgolf.com/golfers/score.php?id=2900064
Had 2 nice sand saves to ease the pain. Front side just ate me up.
Getting used to the Jetspeed more with every round.
Getting my distance back.
Last hole was a par 5 up hill 560ish with lil wind help I was pin high in 2.
Dance_Business was inspired I think
=)

41/41 for a sloppy 82 yesterday. I could absolutely not get off the tee to save my life. Driver/fairway, didnt matter. Lost at least 5 strokes just punching back out to the fairway from poor tee shots. Looking back on the round, an 82 actually feels pretty good considering the greens were punched and I hit it off the planet from the tee. Hitting the range all week trying to get ready for a tournament this friday.
Strange how that happens. I had exactly the same yesterday. Terrible off the tee but was much better than usual into the greens. Driver, 5 wood, whatever were all over the place. Range tomorrow to try to work out what's up...

39/40-79. Another good driving day. Chipping and solid putting. First sub 80 round of the year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sunday, competition:

18 in the morning. Matchplay, alternating shots. Played fairly well, my partner is a 14-cap, I'm 11.1. We played a 11 and 16-capper. The 16-guy was hitting crazy good 4&5 irons all day long: 200m (220yards I'm guessing) straight and superb flight. We did win, on the 18th by 1.

18 in the afternoon, had to play a 12-capper. No handicap, so same amount of shots. Won 7&5 :)

Drives where good all day long, chipping and putting was good too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back