What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Worked from midnight to 8 in the morning, slept 3 hours, played 18.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Played at Lick Creek today play on the blue tee's at 6900. Shot 51/47=98, and putts 19/15=34. Had a rough front and just couldn't hit anything. Kept at it and finally changed some stuff up on the 14th and start playing great. Had three pars in a row and that just felt awesome. Was going to play 9 more after feeling great on the back nine but there were some folks waiting to tee off. Can't wait to get back out there and get at it after figuring what was wrong with my game.

Played 36 today, 2 separate 2-man scrambles. Shot 72 and 68. Had 4 birdies and an eagle all by myself between the two with winds getting up to 20mph during both rounds. To say I was happy with how I played today is an understatement. I think it started off with the fantastic range sessions I've had this week and the warm up I had to start the day. I may never play a round again without taking a few swings before hand.

Shot an 88 and a PB at my home course. I am beyond pumped! I also made 3 birdies which is another milestone for me.

3 fairways 5 greens( Yup another PB) and 3 penalties.

27 putts another PB for this course.

As happy as I am I left shots out there of course and take away 3 dreadful holes and it would have been the round of my life. I set a goal to shot 90 and get a 45 on each 9.

My game is in a good spot now and I need to take advantage of some new free time and really practice.

This game is awesome!

Just a matter of time before you're in the low 80s, dude. You have a great swing that just needs some fine tuning

Just a matter of time before you're in the low 80s, dude. You have a great swing that just needs some fine tuning

Thanks Joe. I appreciate it.... Feels so good to finally feel some confidence in my game and abilities. Been a long road to get there

Finally got my 2nd round of the year in today and shot an 87 (41,46). It was fun to witness MillerTime's great round!

Played 9 today and just couldn't putt. 3 putted numerous holes en route to a 46

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Finally got my 2nd round of the year in today and shot an 87 (41,46). It was fun to witness MillerTime's great round!

MillerTime was hitting the ball sooooooo well today! We were all playing back on the blue tees and with his length he was crushing the ball and making long holes short. Our greens were out of character today as they were bumpy and showed some affects of a rough winter and spring. They actually were running slow which was tough to read as we all are use to the slippery slopes. Josh shot 75 I believe which was pretty dang awesome to say the least. The young man continues to get better and better and impresses the heck out of me! Way to go MillerTime!!!!!! :blob::golf2::thumb:

75 with 3 three putts. Strange round with 14 GIR and no birdies, 5 bogeys, and one eagle. I'm super pleased with my ball striking but the putts don't alway fall.

Glad it went well for you KB! Followed MT off and on this afternoon. What a great day of golf you all had!
JM

Happy for you Kelly Bo!

99 today. Met my goal. Break 100. No driver (left it at home) and still hit the 3 wood like crap. Iron play really nice for me today and made some nice approach shots, and putted well. Ecstatic my short game was on, been working really hard on that. I felt much more confidence stepping up to every shot (other than woods).

Shot a 44/40 for an 84 today. Back nine should have been in the 30s but my concentration was lacking the last couple of holes. Was +4 the last 3 holes and I shouldn't have been. I let the slow play get to me and I need to be more patient.

But overall I drove the ball extremely well but the approach shots - particularly with the wedges - needs some work. Have to tidy up the Par 3s as I was +5 on them today. Two Par 3s on the front I tried to get cute and it backfired on me.

Putting was much, much better. 32 putts overall on the round with a single three putt.

42/41 for 83 today. Couldn't ask for a better day with my irons! My putter and the Driver did not cooperate though.

42/40 on my home course from 6569. Pretty easy course - 71.1/121. Hit the ball well on approaches, barring a couple oopsies. On or around the green most of the time. Have seen a big improvement in my iron swing in the last couple weeks. Still sucks compared to good golfers, but what are you going to do. Tee game was inconsistent, but the good ones were pretty good. Have found a playable amount of distance, but I'd still like some more. Still inconsistent, but not seeing the big giant misses like I was a few weeks ago. Putting still continues to need work.

51 on the front wifey putted and had 25 putts I had one penalty, I botched a couple holes up on my end but not a terrible 9

Shot a 47 on the back after the wife went home had 22 putts, struggled with the wind and picking the right club to either ride it or cut though it, seemed that the every time I clubbed up and half swung I killed the ball right through the wind, and riding the wind seemed to be too much club as well. Just a bad wind day.

Good news is I hit the ball well really well and drove the ball well.

42/40 on my home course from 6569. Pretty easy course - 71.1/121. Hit the ball well on approaches, barring a couple oopsies. On or around the green most of the time. Have seen a big improvement in my iron swing in the last couple weeks. Still sucks compared to good golfers, but what are you going to do. Tee game was inconsistent, but the good ones were pretty good. Have found a playable amount of distance, but I'd still like some more. Still inconsistent, but not seeing the big giant misses like I was a few weeks ago. Putting still continues to need work.
Not bad Hawk.... But "still sucks compared to good golfers" is tired. You've got to believe brotha!

Not bad Hawk.... But "still sucks compared to good golfers" is tired. You've got to believe brotha!

I told myself that today actually. You're right dude. I have a complex :\

Getting better though. Wish I'd been at this point in December.

I told myself that today actually. You're right dude. I have a complex :\

Getting better though. Wish I'd been at this point in December.
Haha December is history dude, your living for the MC now damn it! And I will be watching! Do work son.

40-39- 79 Today at Ironbridge with 1 birdie, 6 bogeys, a double, and 33 putts. Im proud of the score as a number, but its disappointing because I'm SO CLOSE to throwing up a low, low score. My double on #6 was during a play thru so I was rushed a bit and put one in the drink. Played 10-13 at +1 which is by far a personal best on that section. Tee game was on point, especially on the back, as I hit 11/14 FIR and 7/7 on the back. I really only missed one fairway badly (#2) and the other two were less than a yard off the short stuff. Hit 10 GIR but really left myself with some crazy long and hilly putts for birdie. 3 putted two of them. My wedges were off today too. Need my greenside shots to get closer than the 6-10ft I'm averaging. Im getting very, very close. Im expecting a personal best in the near future.

IB5414.jpg

73 on a very wet course down here in the south. 1 eagle and a birdie.

I had a lesson scheduled today, but I cancelled because the weather was so nice and got up to Lane Creek to play with two of my favorite people: Ole Gray and KellyBo. One of their fellow members joined us and I was trying to recruit him to THP! It was so good to see KB back out on the course again! And OG started getting that driver going too! We both love the Big Bertha! We had a blast, even though the last few holes were slow because the course was backed up. I was absolutely bombing the Big Bertha today and I think the only two fairways I missed were the last two holes after waiting on the tee box for about 20 minutes. Struck my irons pretty well and dropped some bombs on the green, even though I missed two or three inside of 6 feet.

I finished 37/38 - 75 for a new personal best by 1! And this round almost didn't even happen because of my scheduled lesson! So glad I was able to do it with THPers. Here's the scorecard:

ScreenShot2014-05-04at102029PM_zps3faf4530.png

Shot a 44/40 for an 84 today. Back nine should have been in the 30s but my concentration was lacking the last couple of holes. Was +4 the last 3 holes and I shouldn't have been. I let the slow play get to me and I need to be more patient.

But overall I drove the ball extremely well but the approach shots - particularly with the wedges - needs some work. Have to tidy up the Par 3s as I was +5 on them today. Two Par 3s on the front I tried to get cute and it backfired on me.

Putting was much, much better. 32 putts overall on the round with a single three putt.

Nice round for a new course. Golfing the first day after the big move...nice!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back