What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saturday Jun 25 0804 tee time 71 degrees warming to 90 - Warm but comfy!
Pine View / Island View

1 par 4 4
2 par 4 5
3 par 5 4
4 par 3 3
5 par 4 5
6 par 3 3
7 par 5 5
8 par 4 5
9 par 4 5

1 par 4 4
2 par 4 4
3 par 4 6
4 par 4 4
5 par 4 4
6 par 3 3
7 par 5 6
8 par 3 3
9 par 5 5

Pine 39 Lake 39 - 78

Seemed a whole lot like last Saturday, in that I generally messed up the same holes and even some of the same shots, and finished with the same total. Still, I hit 11 greens and played the par 3's well and the 5's ok but for a drive into the lake, just played the 10 par 4's in +6. So I have an idea where to look for improvement. And maybe look for a bit of better luck; I hit into one greenside trap and my ball burrowed under the rake that was left IN the trap (a pet peeve), so I had a really bad downhill semi-buried lie that turned a relatively easy out into a near impossible out. And later I drove left but long on a par 4 , and had 130 to the pin that I had to keep low under some limbs - I hit a beautiful punch 6 iron, low and hot, that hit the little 6" x 10" CARTS --> sign on the fly 45 yards from the green - so my shot that was going to be front fringe at worst for easy par, and possibly in decent birdie range, instead was killed by the sign and kicked over into a rooty area and double bogey ensued. I know - rub of the green - but it sure rubbed me the wrong way...

Last edited:
78. Broke 80 for 1st time Monday with 79 and followed that up with 78 today. A LOT better than the rounds I was posting for 3 weeks prior

78. Broke 80 for 1st time Monday with 79 and followed that up with 78 today. A LOT better than the rounds I was posting for 3 weeks prior

That is a great week Jzier, congratulations on joining the 70's club.

Nice Toad! Beating both of these guys is a tough task! OG AND KB, you two will get em next time!

If I could've putted it would've been a smashing!
(just stirring the pot lol)

First round today of the tournament and it went much better than the practice round yesterday. I still let two drives get away and made two double bogies. 40-37 77 which is pretty much in the middle of the pack, five shots out when I left with one more group to post scores today. I'm at the bottom of the best senior flight when I expected to be in the second flight. It is still a lot of fun (and a real challenge.)

9 holes this morning. A 4 over 40. Only 12 putts as the SeeMore has become my new best friend. Fighting the driver today but a Srixon ZSTAR is expected to arrive Monday and hopefully that will get me back on track.

50-52

Too many 3 putts with tough pin locations set up for a tournament today.

Driver still inconsistent & I am still trying to play it but it has been getting me in way too much trouble.

Shot an 88. I had a pretty good round except for a couple of big numbers on the back. Nothing would fall for me today.

TapaTalk: Killing my phone's battery since 2010.

You put the adjusted swing into play today? How was it feeling?

Absolutely. It felt so great man. I was hitting everything very solid.

Shot 38 and left some shots out there, probably 3-4 left out on course so it should of been better

Shot 38 and left some shots out there, probably 3-4 left out on course so it should of been better

Way to go man - get half of those back and you are shooting par; outstanding buddy!

Absolutely. It felt so great man. I was hitting everything very solid.

So the TM is the one. Glad you have found the big dog. Hope to see you at least before the outing, take care my friend.

First round today of the tournament and it went much better than the practice round yesterday. I still let two drives get away and made two double bogies. 40-37 77 which is pretty much in the middle of the pack, five shots out when I left with one more group to post scores today. I'm at the bottom of the best senior flight when I expected to be in the second flight. It is still a lot of fun (and a real challenge.)

Much better buddy, the last sentence is the most important in the entire post. Have a blast tomorrow.

Shot a 96 (49/46) with 2 lost balls. This is my lowest score so far and have only broken 100 one other time. Also had 4 pars today.

Congrats on the new low score bdog, it's just going to go lower and lower. Keep up the good work.

Way to go man - get half of those back and you are shooting par; outstanding buddy!

thanks bud, it was a great day out there

Shot a 96 (49/46) with 2 lost balls. This is my lowest score so far and have only broken 100 one other time. Also had 4 pars today.

Good work! Feels good to not have to reach back in the bag for extras all day.

TapaTalk...THP on the fly!

Congrats Bdog, its a great feeling shooting your lowest score, keep at it and those will keep dropping

Shot an 86 today with 3 penalty shots. Drove the ball pretty well today with a demo driver I am looking at. Playing an old pal match in the morning so I hope to score in the low 80's.

So the TM is the one. Glad you have found the big dog. Hope to see you at least before the outing, take care my friend.

Yeah, I have found that I have more control over the ball and I have not lost distance since I switched to X flex.

nice work man!

Congrats on the new low score bdog, it's just going to go lower and lower. Keep up the good work.

Good work! Feels good to not have to reach back in the bag for extras all day.

Congrats Bdog, its a great feeling shooting your lowest score, keep at it and those will keep dropping

Thanks guys, I'm taking 1 or 2 lessons form the PGA instructor at the golf course and hitting the range 2 or 3 time a week. I've been hitting better on the range of course but it's sure nice to see my scores get lower.

I had a horrible day with the driver, kept pulling everything dead left, except when I lined up to play the pull I would hit a fade....go figure. Short game saved me, my 50 yard and in game is outstanding lately! I holed out from off the green twi e today for an 86. Could have easily been 5-8 shots better if my driver had cooperated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back