What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm actually surprised it wasn't 1 birdie 7 pars and a quad. Although I am not really improving I must be doing something right. I still have some really shady shots here and there which really screw over a round.

The one thing I am most disappointed about though is I am not comfortable with my swing. I don't like it and I don't like swinging. It's not a good feeling.

39 sounds good in my books Dent. I know its not to your standards, but thats a solid round for me, lol.

Played a quick 9 after work and shot another 39... (+3) with a terrible bogey on the last hole.

3 Bogeys
6 Pars
4 Fairways
4 Greens

Your scores are very consistent Dent. The bogeys will go away soon, just keep it up.

39 sounds good in my books Dent. I know its not to your standards, but thats a solid round for me, lol.

Thanks due, I am not mad at it.. but there are always those moments when you go back in your round and tally up if you were flawless what you could have actually shot.

Your scores are very consistent Dent. The bogeys will go away soon, just keep it up.

I do agree with that Smalls I have been shooting around the same scores all the time. Thanks!

Thanks, tomorrow probably be an 88 or something.

Today was a new day, ball striking was not nearly as good, funny how that goes--good day bad day, but made a half mile of putts. 39-37 76

if you were to consider me a bogey golfer... then i shot 2 under today
great drives
great irons
great wedges
no 3 putts
crappy score... wutt in teh?
i guess losing 3 balls didnt help the cause any
flashes of brilliance amidst the spraying of balls
its funny how 1 or 2 lousy yards makes your score epic or just plain bad

84. Everything was on except the putter today. I missed so many birdie and par putts.

92...couldnt hit a fairway on front, couldnt miss one on the back...and on both sides, couldnt make a putt, all 2 putts

played another 9, shot 44, was even after 3, then wheels fell off, didnt hit a fairway and had to punch out of trees 5 times

92 today. Played normal, didn't do the feet together drill like I was thinking about.

Shot a 41 this morning. Hit a ball in the water on my approach on 8, double hurt me.

Shot an 82 at Berkleigh Country Club.... my putting was amazing only 30 putts i LOVE my new Ghost Spider putter still getting the feel down but it putts really well first round out with it! but my new 60 and 64 degree wedges are still giving me some problems still chunking them... playing tommorow so maybe ill get it worked out on the course lol

I had my first JPGA tournament today. I decided just to post stuff here instead:
Played a par 72 course (36/36), and shot an 87. I was not happy, because I went out in 41 and came in at 46 Xp .
Highlights:
-Hitting almost every fairway on the first nine (started on hole 10)
-Smashing a 9 iron 128 clearing 3 deep pot bunkers by 3 yards, leaving myself a 20 ft. birdie putt and then declaring "I am a beast" to my playing competitors
-Almost holing out for birdie on the 550 yard par 5 9th (which is an island green) from 98 yards. Made the putt for par too! :D

I felt discouraged on the 2nd 9 because I just couldn't hit my irons. I will be spending as much of the day friday as I can physically stand at the course working and tweaking everything. Can't wait for the next one!! I did have a great time, and thanks to the NENY PGA for providing such a great opportunity for us up and comers! Some day it may be ME running those tourneys! :D:D

Shot a 93 today. Played poorly on the front nine, couldn't hit fairways, short game was bad, putting was average. I ended up with a 48

On the back nine I was really playing well. I had a double on 10, but then I started hitting fairways, and shot two pars and two bogey's on the next two holes, which is not bad at all for me. The weather moved in and I had an hour layoff after 5. Went out and was back to slicing the ball. Couple more doubles and I ended up with a 45 on the front.

Overall not a great day, I shot an 87 my last time out there and was hoping to improve on that. It obviously didn't happen.

Shot a very ugly 54 today on 9, had 3 blow up holes and couldn't drive to save my life.

9 hole Golf League tonight, shot a 41. First time out with the Cleveland Niblick 49* I bought last weekend, as well as first time out with the Rossa Spider Monza Vicino...

Only had 12 putts, had been averaging about 18 putts per 9 holes. Had four 2 putts, four 1 putts, and one chip in from 65 yards out with the Niblick.

Really got in the zone on the 5th hole, if we would have been playing 18, I think I would have had a shot at breaking 80.

Didn't get a full 18 in due to lightning moving in but the back would've sucked unless I went ape$#it on the last 3 anyway. Playing first ever competitive golf on Sat so I did a little practice round today, 42 on the front. I noticed some storms moving in and got in a hurry...the wheels fell off. Snap hooked my tee shot on 11 into a condo...it got worse really quick after. Took double on every hole 11-15.

--
tapatalk

I shot a personal best 80 today at a course I have never played before until today. Shot 40 on the front and back 9. My previous personal best was a 90. I have been playing for 2 1/2 years and this year I finally bit the bullet and took a few lessons and they are paying off. I have shot a 40 on 9 holes only to totally blow it on the back nine. One thing that makes it great for me is that normally when I play a course I have never played before I play worse than normal. Also the course I played today is much more difficult than my normal course. My goal this year was to break 90. It feels good to accomplish a goal.

Some really strong rounds being posted here guys! Way to go!

I cooled off a bit tonight with a bit of an un-focused 42. Went for it on both par 5s and it cost me two double bogeys... Just one of those days where the chances don't work out.

On the plus side, I was really driving the ball well. Finding the center of the fairway and hitting it long. Tracked a 296 yarder with my uPro which made for a VERY simple punch on from about 70 yards, but I couldn't find the birdie ball!

A full 18 tomorrow, followed by hopefully 18 Friday, 18 Saturday, 36 Sunday, and finally 18 Monday. What a great weekend of golf!!

Played my first match in our men's club match play tournament and won 8&6! I shot an 81 from the blues with a double and a triple. I was playing very well today. I hit all but three fairways and two of the misses were on 17 and 18 where the match was already over. I had to give the guy 1 stroke and I birdied his stroke hole. Hopefully I play this solid in my next match.

Squeezed in 9 after a long day at work and shot a 38 on a par 35. Sank two putts outside of 15 feet!

70, -1. 5 birdies and an eagle. 6 bogeys. O.f.f.s.

I shot a personal best 80 today at a course I have never played before until today. Shot 40 on the front and back 9. My previous personal best was a 90. I have been playing for 2 1/2 years and this year I finally bit the bullet and took a few lessons and they are paying off. I have shot a 40 on 9 holes only to totally blow it on the back nine. One thing that makes it great for me is that normally when I play a course I have never played before I play worse than normal. Also the course I played today is much more difficult than my normal course. My goal this year was to break 90. It feels good to accomplish a goal.

Nice work! Impressive beating your personal best by 10 strokes, on an unfamiliar course as well!

First night playing league, also first time playing with my wife's uncle. Shot a 47, first time at that course, had three great holes (two pars and a birdie) three ok (two bogeys and a double) and three horrific! But getting to play with Uncle Fred was great!

47..eh...didn't feel it today and I don't like playing, knowing that I'm on a time crunch due to last minute AM meetings.

I played 9 in my league last night and shot a miserable 50 I did manage a birdie and a par the rest were bad and I carded a 9 on a par 5 after a couple balls in the water. Oh well maybe Friday will be better for me.

Shot 20 over 92. About to start second 18. Will have a nice ml4 update later

I now tap while I talk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back