What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played a par 3 course with my wife today. I shot par. Made 2 really nice birdies on the longest holes (170 and 180 yards). Bogied the first 2 holes. Took me a while to get going. Overall it was a very nice ball striking day and my play around the greens improved tremendously since yesterday. Still couldnt make a putt if my life depended on it though.

going to catch up on a round from last thursday (had a wedding this weekend and didnt get a chance to post). I played the front 9 at my home course and ended up shooting a 37 (+1)! One of the best 9 hole stretches I've ever played. Here are the stats:

Score: 37 (+1)
Fairways: 1/7
GIR: 5/9
Putts: 15
Birdies: 3
Bogeys: 4

My worst stat is clearly my tee game, but I never really missed to a bad spot off the tee. I was fighting a combination of a pull/draw and a high block. Pretty ugly actually. My short irons and wedges were on fire and really saved my round. My putter was streaky again, but I can blame most of my putting woes on leaving myself in a poor position on the green. I stuffed a LW to 8ft on the 1st hole for birdie, a 9i to about 12ft on the 5th hole for another birdie and finally another LW to 3ft for birdie on the 7th hole.

The bogeys were all pretty much mental mistakes. I played a nice shot out of the sand on 2 then missed a 4 footer coming back. Was 20 yards short on the par 5 4th hole, chipped way way past and 3 putted for bogey. Put myself in a bad spot on the 6th (#1 handicap hole) and actually made a 15 footer to save bogey which I'll take. 8th hole I ended up over the green on a downslope with the green running away from me, tried to get cute and left it short and right. Left myself a 5ft slider which I missed on the low side. I'm still stuggling with the 4-7 footers with a little break in them. I get stuck between aiming inside the cup and hitting through the break or aiming outside the cup and letting in fall in. I normally dont like to give the cup away and I'll line up inside the cup, but then my dumb brain gets in the way and I dont hit it hard enough to take the break out of the putt! I broke the accellerator putting mat out again last night and am hoping it helps!

Most fun part of my round was the 363yrd 9th hole, where my brother challenged me to make 7 or better using only my 60* lob wedge. (I played 2 balls on the hole and made par using my normal shots/clubs). I hit two pretty crappy shots for my first and second then laid up to about 95 yards with my third. I'll be damned if I didnt hit the best lob wedge of my life right there. I hit it about 8 yards past the pin, hopped once into the fringe and then spun back to 1 foot! Kicked it in by blading my LW and the first beer was on him! Real kicker is that he made 6 on the hole using his whole bag haha!

I cant wait to get out there again today. I love how I'm hitting my 8-PW irons right now, and if I can find some more fairways, I think I can go real low.

I feel like I'm on the verge of some really good scores. I shot an 84 Saturday and an 86 yesterday. The 84 had only 1 double bogey in it. I hit the ball very well, only missed one fairway with the heavy driver. My problem right now is my irons and putter. My approach shots are dead on distance wise but I need to get the alignment dialed in, its not off a lot though. My putting is off only fractionally, burning the edges or lipping out quite a bit. The 86 felt so much worse than the 84 because it had three double bogey holes but I also had more pars and even a birdie on the last hole. I think I would have played better yesterday had I not been sick.

I feel like things are coming around, I just need to score a bit better and need the putts to start falling. I have changed my mindset a bit to take some pressure off. Instead of thinking the hole is a waste if I miss par I now am just trying to do no worse than bogey. It seems to be helping a bit.

Ddec and I had a crazy weekend so this is my scores from when we played 9 holes on Friday and 18 on Saturday. On Friday I shot a 53 but I couldn't putt to save my life. On Saturday Ddec told me my goal was to break a 100 on a course we usually don't play. I shot a 49 on the front and a 43 on the back for a 92, needless to say I broke 100 big time. I never had worse then a double bogey which is amazing for me. :dance:

Ddec and I had a crazy weekend so this is my scores from when we played 9 holes on Friday and 18 on Saturday. On Friday I shot a 53 but I couldn't putt to save my life. On Saturday Ddec told me my goal was to break a 100 on a course we usually don't play. I shot a 49 on the front and a 43 on the back for a 92, needless to say I broke 100 big time. I never had worse then a double bogey which is amazing for me. :dance:

Nice rounds!!!

Shot 35 on a 9 hole par 3. Irons are starting to come around I love these victory red full cavities. High ball flight and soft landing which is perfect for me

Tap tap taparoo

Thanks DD. I said before we started that I REALLY wanted to break 90. I was :banana:

48/41
swing was everywhere today
i hate cart path only days when its way too hot to walk the course
most of my shots ended up the furthest away from the cart path
i was in trouble the whole front 9... woods/bunkers/divots/gravel/super deep rough/horrendous lies all day
had zero ball control today... felt like i played hit it an hope
the only thing that i hit well today was my wedges again... pfffft

48/41
swing was everywhere today
i hate cart path only days when its way too hot to walk the course
most of my shots ended up the furthest away from the cart path
i was in trouble the whole front 9... woods/bunkers/divots/gravel/super deep rough/horrendous lies all day
had zero ball control today... felt like i played hit it an hope
the only thing that i hit well today was my wedges again... pfffft

Had the exact same kind of day..cart path only and hot as it could be. I found my self intentionally aiming for the cart path just so the walk wouldnt be as far...thats bad. At least I was putting well!

Way to go nerfny! That's awesome!

80 with a new swing. Still trying to get used to it. I changed my grip and posture. Putting wasn't that great. Went out with a birdie. (I always try to put the previous holes behind me and act like it's #1 on the last hole)

Finally we made it over to Old Union in Blairsville. It is a dandy golf course. I staggered early by going +6 on holes 3 through 6 and shot 42 on the front. The back was a little better, made a knucklehead bogie on 18 for a 39. 81, white tees, 71.0/132

Week Three of "The Comeback".

So today I played my third round since returning from my 2 1/2 year layoff and it was my second scoring round. Last week's 83 was encouraging but I slipped a bit this week and shot an 87.

The post mortem is as follows:
4 Pars,
2 Birdies,
7 Bogeys
5 Doubles
and I only hit 4 greens and 4 fairways. "Yuck!" :banghead:

It seems that I've developed a case of the "Steer-it's" I've been having trouble with my release on my irons and in order to try not to double-cross myself, I found myself trying to steer almost every shot. I sort of expected something like this, but I expected it last week, not now. But at least I know what the problem is (not clearing my left side quickly enough) and I can work that out on the range.

The good news is that my driver is working very well and I clocked my longest drive of the year at 294 yards (according to my SkyCaddie) and overall I was bombing them, so I feel pretty good about that. I also reached a Par 5 in two and had a chip-in birdie as well and my putting is still solid, so there were some bright spots.

All in all it's about what I expected ( in terms of residual rust) and the things that need fixing are easily fixed and once I take care of that I think that scoring will be next on the list.

Can't wait 'til next time! :D

Finally we made it over to Old Union in Blairsville. It is a dandy golf course. I staggered early by going +6 on holes 3 through 6 and shot 42 on the front. The back was a little better, made a knucklehead bogie on 18 for a 39. 81, white tees, 71.0/132

Nice going Lefty, I am looking forward to October and playing up there myself. Don't imagine I will be scoring that well though, you are amazing to me after that surgery.

That is a real good round on that golf course especially with it being your first time out. Good stuff Lefty! I wish you were going to the THP Outing as we need you on the porch rockers (old guys) team :D:thumb:

81 today. 40/41 with a few solid shots and some real stinkers. Left a lot on the table thats for sure.

41-42 83. Best score on that course. Left about 5 or 6 three putts out there once again. So again, just got to eliminate those, and I'll be in the 70's!!!

86 - 40, 46 - lost it completely for 3 holes on the back. Double Double Double.......= not happy

Shot an 86 today, back to normal for me. The front 9 par 3's ate me up. Doubled all3 of them.
South Wales Golf Course
Jeffersonton, Virginia

United States

July 5, 2011

Stroke Play

71.5 / 118Blue Tees

15.0Course Handicap:

14.5Handicap Before:

14.2Handicap After:

EAGLEBIRDIEPARBOGEY2BOGEY+
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 OUT 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 IN TOTAL
BLUE 374 159 377 370 519 199 506 151 375 3030 516 434 432 344 152 348 193 423 590 3432 6462
HANDICAP 12 18 8 6 4 14 2 16 10 3 5 9 13 17 11 15 7 1
PAR 4 3 4 4 5 3 5 3 4 35 5 4 4 4 3 4 3 4 5 36 71
SCORE 3 5 6 5 5 5 5 5 4 43 6 5 5 4 3 5 4 5 6 43 86
ROUND SCORE -2 E +1 +1 E +1 E +2 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 E E E E E E E E
NET SCORE 2 5 5 4 4 4 4 5 3 36 5 4 4 3 3 4 3 4 5 35 71
TEE CLUB 1W 7i 1W 1W 1W 5i 1W 6i 1W 1W 1W 1W 1W 8i 1W 3Hy 1W 1W
FAIRWAYS 67% 43% 54%
GIR 33% 0% 17%
PUTTS 1 2 1 2 1 2 2 2 2 15 2 2 2 1 1 2 2 2 2 16 1.7/31
SAND SHOTS
PENALTIES 1 1 2 2

Shot a 78 today. Started bogey, double bogey and finished double bogey, bogey. Left some shots out there but hit it well. 11/18 greens.

Tapatalk... Loved by me hated by the wife.

Shot 40/41 for an 81, which I'm happy with as I had 4 three-putts and a few stinker tee shots.

48 on 9 holes. It was miserable hot and I played the first 9 in 1:15. Got out just in time and didn't see anyone besides the twosome behind me hitting their tee shots as I was walking to the green. Went to #10 and there was a foursome working on their second shots and it wasn't looking good. I wasn't tearing it up, so I called it a day. I missed a 2 foot birdie putt and a 2 foot par putt. Just wasn't feeling the putter today.

Shot a 78 today. 40/38. I had a quick lesson beforehand and while I was making better and more consistent contact my ballstriking was still awful and I was playing this high and hard cut that I just HATED. Took had to take an unplayable on 2 and had an OB ball on 3 which really threw me off.

40/38
9 Fairways
5 Greens
27 Putts

1 Double
7 Bogeys
9 Pars
1 Birdie

I thought I almost got a hole in one today. I was on the Par 3 8th and it was a front pin, I thinned an 8 iron left a bit and it hit a hill and bounce onto the green and started rolling right towards the pin, my group just all of a sudden went silent and from my angle I couldn't see the ball anymore and I said "Did I just get a hole in one?" but it was a short foot and a half right behind the pin. Guess what? I missed the freakin' putt.

38-42 80

Had the exact same kind of day..cart path only and hot as it could be. I found my self intentionally aiming for the cart path just so the walk wouldnt be as far...thats bad. At least I was putting well!

i tried my best to put a couple close to the cartpath but there was some kinda force field making my ball hook away from them lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back