What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shot a 79. 41/38. Drove the ball well and 2nd shot was better than average. Putting picked up on back nine, was still pretty brutal front nine. 2-Doubles, 7-Bogies, 6-Pars, 3-Birdies, or 8 over par.

Shot a 39. I drove the ball great today, very long for me with a small draw that I love. Good day to get back out there.

Good shooting OG, looks like you will catch and even pass me soon, I can't seem to put together a solid round here lately.

Good shooting OG, looks like you will catch and even pass me soon, I can't seem to put together a solid round here lately.

Good buddy you got some serious back problems that physically keep you from making your normal swing. Get it fixed soon and I am hoping you will be good to go for the Ga GT.

today i shot 85 at my home couuse weston. i was pretty consistent except for those four holes with doubles (sigh)

Played home course from gold (70.7/117) and shot 81 (41,40). No three putts today!

Shot a 39. I drove the ball great today, very long for me with a small draw that I love. Good day to get back out there.

That is always a fun day, nice shooting drew.

Again nothing as IT RAINED AGAIN!!!! When did Massachusetts become Seattle?

98. Not a good day, 52 on front, 46 on back. As bad as the day was, on the last hole (#9), I hit my drive, hit the cart path at the 150 line, hit again 30 yards past that, hit a tree and ended up bouncing back, 175 yards from the hole. Bad day.

90 - 46 out, 44 back for a nett 69. Only one nightmare hole - triple bogey on a par 4, but followed with birdie, par, eagle, par - which was nice! The eagle was a wondrous thing - only the second I've ever made.

Tied my personal best with an 86! This time I did it on a more challenging course!

MJxBK.png

44 out, 44 in for an 88 @ Moe's (Owner of Laurentide GC in Sturgeon Falls, ON, CA.). Highlite of the round was another 300 yd drive. Good thing, I let that 3some go out a few more strides or I'da been yelling, FORE!!! Thanks ladies, for letting me play thru.

Tied my personal best with an 86! This time I did it on a more challenging course!

Congrats on shooting that personal best score again, now you are certain that you can do it so next time blow past it.

I had my second attempt at passing the PAT yesterday. We had to average a 78 over two rounds. The first round I shot a 76 with a triple bogey on a par 3, so that left me with needing an 80 to pass. I thought I had it in the bag since I played the first round so well. Well, it didn't happen. I shot an 82 and missed passing by 2 strokes. I had more lip outs on the second round than I've had all year long. It just felt like one of those rounds where nothing was going right. Then, on top of all that, I end up having a wreck on the freeway coming back home. That was a terrible ending to a day that started so great.

Sorry about your bad luck. Keep your head up-You'll get it next time!

Today was a -2 31. Par is 33... I had four birdies but I took a double bogey on a Par 5 that I generally par or birdie. Brain cramps happen.

Alex

Thursday Sep 8 1220 tee time 77 degrees warming to 84
Pine View

1 par 4 4 8
2 par 4 4 7
3 par 5 4 9
4 par 3 3 5
5 par 4 4 7
6 par 3 4 3
7 par 5 4 8
8 par 4 4 8
9 par 4 4 5

SAM 35 Mrs SAM 60

I started a long weekend today, and asked Mrs SAM if she wanted to get out for 9 holes. She was all for it, so out we went - the course was in beautiful shape as was the weather - a gorgeous early fall day. Mrs SAM hadn't played in a while and the rust was evident early with some tough holes, but at the par 3 4th with a long carry over a natural area and creek, she came thru with a nice shot well over the hazard and pin high just left of the green. Her chip and putts weren't so good, but I could tell her day was getting better. Then at the 6th it happened. I hit into the junk left of the green, but she stepped up and put a 4 iron over the corner of the lake and onto the green pin high 20 feet from the hole. She made an aggressive birdie putt and came close but slid 4 feet long. On the comebacker she put it on line but it looked like it was gonna die on the lip, but it just fell over thru the left side door and I got to utter the sweetest words she will hear today - "NICE PAR!" - not to mention she also beat me on the hole. She played the next two holes pretty well but her short game faltered, but at the last hole she split the fairway and approached just short of the greenside bunker, and pitched perfectly over to leave 12 feet for another par. She hit a nice putt but it slid just a bit more right than she read so she had to settle for a finishing bogey.

As for me, it was nice to play without anything higher than a 4 on the card. I left easy pitches to both par 5's to get a pair of easy birdies, and made my one bogey when I hit left of the par 3 6th and had a tree blocking my line to the pin and had to pitch wide. All in all, a very nice afternoon 9!

Last edited:
Good shootin' SAM, and I bet you had a blast out there with the Misses!

Good shootin' Sam, I wish my bride would try the game, you are a lucky man that she plays.

For the 3rd day in a row ..... NOTHING as today my course was closed!!!!!! :angry::banghead:

First full round since Sunday, I got sick and left after 12 holes yesterday even though I was up five strokes. The course is not as wet as we expected but there is lots of debris everywhere. Played the golds, 72.2/137, walked (and got tired.) 39-41 80. Double on 18 to keep from breaking 80.

Great rounds, I am jealous. We have had some serious rain all week and now I may have to work Saturday, The day its supposed to be nice.

Shot an 87 @ Laurentide GC. Started on back 9 with friends who'd finished front 9. I thought it would be a horrendous round when I shot 50. With the front 9 to go, my new clubs shone thru. Came in matching my best 9 score, 37. Par 70 course, 35 both sides. Finally got a birdie too. Anyways, a nice finish to my day.

First full round since Sunday, I got sick and left after 12 holes yesterday even though I was up five strokes. The course is not as wet as we expected but there is lots of debris everywhere. Played the golds, 72.2/137, walked (and got tired.) 39-41 80. Double on 18 to keep from breaking 80.

Good shooting Lefty, I am on record right now as telling you if we are walking in Blairsville, I am forfeiting.
old_man_SMILEY.gif

Good shootin' Sam, I wish my bride would try the game, you are a lucky man that she plays.

Thanks - and I agree. I wish she would play more often. Some years ago she got to where she was shooting in the low 100's, once firing 96. Then she got a job at the golf course as a starter, and did it for about a year and a half. It turned her place of relaxation into her workplace. After she left there and some time passed, she was playing more until her knee surgery. Now the past few years its maybe 6=8 times a year, but our course has become so nice in the past 5 years that each time she goes out I can tell it could start her back into getting into it more, especially now that she is retired.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back