What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lefty78

Have clubs, will travel
Reaction score
Handicap
unstable
Sounds like a good day to me Lefty, I went to the driving range this morning to work on the swing, and somehow I had left it at home, horrible day of ball striking. Putted for about 30 minutes and it was very good, then to the chipping and again I had left my short game at home. I hope this is not a sign of things to come.
Nothing to worry about. Everyone has days like that and you just got one of them out of the way.

Esox

Reaction score
Handicap
42-37 for 79. Parred the last two. My daughter bogeyed the last two holes, but still shot her first ever round under 80 for 79. I barely tied her. Won't be long now and I'm toast.

Kevin

Smallville

#WeLoveYouAlex
Reaction score
Handicap
In Flux
Shot a 92 today with dirtydawg67. Just no consistency, need to get the putter going.
Always a good day when THPers get together. Plus you're a Jayhawk fan, so that's a big plus!

42-37 for 79. Parred the last two. My daughter bogeyed the last two holes, but still shot her first ever round under 80 for 79. I barely tied her. Won't be long now and I'm toast.

Kevin
79 is not bad Kevin, but you need to start bringing the video camera for when JL finally beats you! She will cherish that forever, and we'd all love to see it! Was this the first time you did not beat her outright?

Esox

Reaction score
Handicap
79 is not bad Kevin, but you need to start bringing the video camera for when JL finally beats you! She will cherish that forever, and we'd all love to see it! Was this the first time you did not beat her outright?
For a full 18 yes. She beat me once when we just played 9 holes last year, and has beaten me on the front nine a number of times, but falls short on the back. I serious thought she had me today, but she pushed a drive on 17 into a bit of trouble, then 3 jacked the last for bogey from a slick side hill first putt.

Kevin

Canadan

You Are Great
Albatross 2021 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
+
Two 9s today.. 40 in the first with 3 doubles and two birdies (I know, I know..) and then 37 in a shamble.. Gotta love the wife cranking drives down the middle from the Red tees!!

dustklose

Re-Addicted
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 8.9
Shot an 84 today at a course I never played before. 40-44.

The only shot worth talking about is the 40' putt I sunk on the first hole to start my day -1. I shoulda just called it a day after that! Lol

Gus R

Reaction score
Handicap
none
Shot 44-39 83 with two doubles and a triple bogey. I was either very good or very bad during this round. My wife shot 42-42 84 so I finally beat her after losing three straight to her by one stroke each time.

KellyBo

Golf, Have Fun or Quit!
Reaction score
Shot an 82 from the gold (70.7/117). Kept stats for a change.

Pars 10
Bogey 6
Doubles 2

Fairways 9
GIR 5 (did a lot of scrambling)
Putts 31 (had one 3 putt but made two putts from about 20-25' each)

c0ncept

SFT
Reaction score
Handicap
Life
Went with my mom today and decided to leave the shoulder brace at home. Shot a +4 39 with a double and no GIR's...was just a terrible round.

Ole Gray

Mayor of the Woodshed
Reaction score
Handicap
Average
Shot an 88 today with several shanks or hosel rockets (8 today) in the mix. It seems like every time I SHANK the ball I shoot a fricking 88!!!!!!!! I will be working on my wedge shots next week!

DawgDaddy

Old Coot
Reaction score
Handicap
L.O.F.T.

Pars 10
Bogey 6
Doubles 2

Fairways 9
Solid round KB, very nice putting.

DawgDaddy

Old Coot
Reaction score
Handicap
L.O.F.T.
Shot an 88 today with several shanks or hosel rockets (8 today) in the mix. It seems like every time I SHANK the ball I shoot a fricking 88!!!!!!!! I will be working on my wedge shots next week!
Good score considering that many $h@nk$, I know you will get it worked out quickly.

KellyBo

Golf, Have Fun or Quit!
Reaction score
Solid round KB, very nice putting.
Thanks DD! I'm putting fairly well on my home course. It's just everywhere else that I stink it up. Let's tee it up this week and do some Adams testing together!!

Canadan

You Are Great
Albatross 2021 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
+
I had a fantastic day on the course.

Shot a 74 (36/38) which is +2 at my course.

The only reason I wasn't par, was because I hit a great feeling drive on #7 that disappeared as soon as I hit it.. My course has been wet, so our guess is that it's sitting somewhere in the fairway plugged haha! Oh well.. Took a 6 and moved on.

Overall, had 4 birds, which I was happy about.

c0ncept

SFT
Reaction score
Handicap
Life
I had a fantastic day on the course.

Shot a 74 (36/38) which is +2 at my course.

The only reason I wasn't par, was because I hit a great feeling drive on #7 that disappeared as soon as I hit it.. My course has been wet, so our guess is that it's sitting somewhere in the fairway plugged haha! Oh well.. Took a 6 and moved on.

Overall, had 4 birds, which I was happy about.
That used to happen a lot to me in Washington...so frustrating when you cant find the ball because then its counted as a lost ball so I would be hitting 3 from the tee. I feel like wet courses should make a local rule because sometimes you really cant find the little hole. My worst was a shot that plugged a foot into the ground (I reached in up to my elbow to get it)

Great round though nice job with those birdies I havent had any in a while lol

Canadan

You Are Great
Albatross 2021 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
+
That used to happen a lot to me in Washington...so frustrating when you cant find the ball because then its counted as a lost ball so I would be hitting 3 from the tee. I feel like wet courses should make a local rule because sometimes you really cant find the little hole. My worst was a shot that plugged a foot into the ground (I reached in up to my elbow to get it)

Great round though nice job with those birdies I havent had any in a while lol
Yeah we play lift clean and place in the soppy areas during my Sunday money game when it's this wet, but there's only so much that can be done..

It was really frustrating in that I was -1 and had all kinds of momentum going into that hole. Oh well, these things do happen!

Here's an example of what I was looking at:

c0ncept

SFT
Reaction score
Handicap
Life
That is Rule 25-2:
A ball embedded in its own pitch-mark in the ground in any closely mown area through the green may be lifted, cleaned and dropped, without penalty, as near as possible to the spot where it lay but not nearer the hole. The ball when dropped must first strike a part of the course through the green. “Closely-mown area” means any area of the course, including paths through the rough, cut to fairway height or less.

DawgDaddy

Old Coot
Reaction score
Handicap
L.O.F.T.
Thanks DD! I'm putting fairly well on my home course. It's just everywhere else that I stink it up. Let's tee it up this week and do some Adams testing together!!
Sounds like a plan to me, maybe Tuesday to compare notes?

jmaier

Reaction score
Handicap
11.5 CDGA
Followed up a poor round 1 of the club champonship with the worst round of golf I think I've ever played. I won't post the score but will note that I only managed 4 pars and carded an EPIC 13 on a Par 5 melt down where I managed 3 OB shots and an unplayable on the same hole. One of my playing partners commented that he had never seen a 13 before -- I responded that if I hadn't jarred the 11 foot putt, he still wouldn't have!

It was really almost instructive. I've gone birdie, par, par on this hole my previous 3 rounds.

KellyBo

Golf, Have Fun or Quit!
Reaction score
Followed up a poor round 1 of the club champonship with the worst round of golf I think I've ever played. I won't post the score but will note that I only managed 4 pars and carded an EPIC 13 on a Par 5 melt down where I managed 3 OB shots and an unplayable on the same hole. One of my playing partners commented that he had never seen a 13 before -- I responded that if I hadn't jarred the 11 foot putt, he still wouldn't have!

It was really almost instructive. I've gone birdie, par, par on this hole my previous 3 rounds.
If anyone can relate, it's me. I do the exact same thing in competitions. I shot 92 in my club championship from the ladies tees and then turned around the next week and shot 78 from the senior tees.

jmaier

Reaction score
Handicap
11.5 CDGA
If anyone can relate, it's me. I do the exact same thing in competitions. I shot 92 in my club championship from the ladies tees and then turned around the next week and shot 78 from the senior tees.
It's funny -- we had a 1 day tournament a few weeks ago and I shot a course low for me (81) and took low net. It didn't help that I had 6:40 AM and 6:33 AM tee times. I've never teed off before noon before! I'm a mid-day, fair weather golfer for a fact. It's such a maddening, funny and endearing game.

BulldogsGolf

Future PGA Professional
Reaction score
Handicap
It's funny -- we had a 1 day tournament a few weeks ago and I shot a course low for me (81) and took low net. It didn't help that I had 6:40 AM and 6:33 AM tee times. I've never teed off before noon before! I'm a mid-day, fair weather golfer for a fact. It's such a maddening, funny and endearing game.
I love teeing off first thing in the morning. Summertime, I am up at the course at 730 if I can be. Next summer I'll have my liscense (hope I spelled that right....) and can get there as early as I want! :D

#Cookie

Grinder
Reaction score
Handicap
82 today (par 70) with a quad and 3 doubles. Only one birdie....will be a full write up with pics early tomorrow morning in the Nike VR Pro Combo irons review thread so come and check it out!!

Tappin' from my iPad!

thedue

Another Day in Paradise
Reaction score
Handicap

Pars 10
Bogey 6
Doubles 2

Fairways 9
Great round KB. Sounds like some nice chipping and putting, well done.

KellyBo

Golf, Have Fun or Quit!
Reaction score
Great round KB. Sounds like some nice chipping and putting, well done.
Thanks Duey! The short game is coming around and saving me a lot of strokes for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in