What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i stopped counting after i lost my 6th ball in the leaves

yall got it going on man !!!!

I didn't play today, but I did go to the range, oh, that's a different thread :D

some friends convinced me to play 9 before my lesson... not a good idea lol

I played a quick nine with KellyBo today and shot my Morgan Cup videos. I had a birdie putt on the last hole to shoot a 38 but

Spoiler
missed the sucker for a 39! :angry:

Shot an 84 today, putter was struggling today with 35 putts.

35* when we teed off with a 5mph wind. Could not control my irons today either too long or too short. Kept leaving myself putts between 30-60 feet. Made FOUR 3 putts on the front nine and shot 42 missing only 3 greens. Back nine was a little better had only one 3 putt and shot 40 for an 82. This putting thing is starting to drive me crazy this makes 12 3 putts in the last 54 holes. The only good thing is we are still able to go out and play golf just wish I could make better putts and fewer 3 putts.

This past Saturday was the Fall TriFecta at GLGC, my home course. We have 27 holes, and the event is 9 holes of Scramble, 9 holes of Better Ball, and 9 holes of Alternate Shot for two-person teams, with a full field. Unfortunately, we had only about 60-70 entrants, so we played 18 holes, 6 holes of each format. It is a fun event that we've had twice yearly for about 6-7 years; I won it 5 times with my original partner, and once more with a new partner after the original one moved away. That partner is currently in Afghanistan, so I partnered for the second time this year with "Swanny", a 73 year old golfer that can eat your lunch (he frequently shoots his age).

ALTERNATE We began the shotgun start in the middle of the Alternate Shot format holes - his drive was down the middle and I wedged to 14 feet, and he holed the birdie to get us off to a great start. Next was the island green, where I put us in the fringe and he putted over a ridge to 4 feet, and I sank the par. -1

BETTER BALL Then we started the Better Ball format 6 holes - there were 3 par 5's in that stretch and I birdied all three of them. We both bogeyed the longest par 4 in that stretch, and both parred the other two par 4's, to go -2 on the Better Ball. -3

SCRAMBLE We headed into the Scramble in great shape, and promptly only parred the first three holes - in our defense, the pins on them were tough. Then we birdied a par 5, and after another par, came to the last scramble hole, the par 4 Lake #9. I split the fairway long and then into a strong wind stuck a 9I to five feet from 130 yards, and holed the putt for a natural birdie, and -2 on the Scramble. -5

ALTERNATE SHOT
We had 4 holes of Alternate Shot to play, and I told my partner -5 might win, but -6 WOULD win. After one par, on our next hole I wedged to 16 feet behind the hole and my partner ran it down for a huge birdie. We scraped out a par on the next one, and came to our last hole of the day pretty much knowing another par would win the event. I drove it well up the right side, but the strong headwind pushed it a little right and it brushed the right trees and got knocked down behind the woods but in a clearing. My partner tried to punch it back into the fairway, but got it too high and caught a limb, and the ball ricocheted even deeper into the trees. About 165 from the green and with a small alley to shoot through, I jammed a 4 iron punch perfectly thru and put us 10 yards off the front of the green, but my partner's pitch bit too hard and left me 12 feet for the bogey - my putt didn't take the small break we read and ARRGGH - DOUBLE BOGEY and only even par on the Alternate Shot. -4

We went in pretty deflated with our 68, but as scores rolled in it turned out the wind and tough pins worked on everyone, and we tied for first place. The tiebreaker was a scorecard playoff, and among our 7 birdies were birds on both #9 holes, and we won the scorecard playoff! It still didn't feel a lot like a win, but I guess ya take a win any way it comes...

This past Saturday was the Fall TriFecta at GLGC, my home course. We have 27 holes, and the event is 9 holes of Scramble, 9 holes of Better Ball, and 9 holes of Alternate Shot for two-person teams, with a full field. Unfortunately, we had only about 60-70 entrants, so we played 18 holes, 6 holes of each format. It is a fun event that we've had twice yearly for about 6-7 years; I won it 5 times with my original partner, and once more with a new partner after the original one moved away. That partner is currently in Afghanistan, so I partnered for the second time this year with "Swanny", a 73 year old golfer that can eat your lunch (he frequently shoots his age).

ALTERNATE We began the shotgun start in the middle of the Alternate Shot format holes - his drive was down the middle and I wedged to 14 feet, and he holed the birdie to get us off to a great start. Next was the island green, where I put us in the fringe and he putted over a ridge to 4 feet, and I sank the par. -1

BETTER BALL Then we started the Better Ball format 6 holes - there were 3 par 5's in that stretch and I birdied all three of them. We both bogeyed the longest par 4 in that stretch, and both parred the other two par 4's, to go -2 on the Better Ball. -3

SCRAMBLE We headed into the Scramble in great shape, and promptly only parred the first three holes - in our defense, the pins on them were tough. Then we birdied a par 5, and after another par, came to the last scramble hole, the par 4 Lake #9. I split the fairway long and then into a strong wind stuck a 9I to five feet from 130 yards, and holed the putt for a natural birdie, and -2 on the Scramble. -5

ALTERNATE SHOT
We had 4 holes of Alternate Shot to play, and I told my partner -5 might win, but -6 WOULD win. After one par, on our next hole I wedged to 16 feet behind the hole and my partner ran it down for a huge birdie. We scraped out a par on the next one, and came to our last hole of the day pretty much knowing another par would win the event. I drove it well up the right side, but the strong headwind pushed it a little right and it brushed the right trees and got knocked down behind the woods but in a clearing. My partner tried to punch it back into the fairway, but got it too high and caught a limb, and the ball ricocheted even deeper into the trees. About 165 from the green and with a small alley to shoot through, I jammed a 4 iron punch perfectly thru and put us 10 yards off the front of the green, but my partner's pitch bit too hard and left me 12 feet for the bogey - my putt didn't take the small break we read and ARRGGH - DOUBLE BOGEY and only even par on the Alternate Shot. -4

We went in pretty deflated with our 68, but as scores rolled in it turned out the wind and tough pins worked on everyone, and we tied for first place. The tiebreaker was a scorecard playoff, and among our 7 birdies were birds on both #9 holes, and we won the scorecard playoff! It still didn't feel a lot like a win, but I guess ya take a win any way it comes...

DawgDaddy and I might be heading to Augusta this coming Monday to play with new forum member Mickie. Either in Augusta or across the river in South Carolina. Pm me if you are interested in joining us.

i stopped counting after i lost my 6th ball in the leaves

The worst is when the leaves are in the fairway...and you hit it there...

The worst is when the leaves are in the fairway...and you hit it there...

Which is exactly what I did a few times today...among other poor ball striking. Nothing worked today. Putting? Nope. Irons? Nope. Driver? Hardly. And I shot a 99, which I was surprised at. I was expecting to reach 100+ today. Ugh.

Played with Jwow and War eagle today. Shot a 44 on the front with two birds and a 39 on the back with no birds. I make no excuses but the double train pulled in the station every other hole with a triple thrown in for good measure. Not the best ball striking on the first 6 holes +9 and +2 the final 12 holes.

Ugly 44 today, 2 doubles and 4 bogeys. Combination of trying to not straighten my right knee and stand up so much during my swing and my chest still sore as heck from Monday's workout did not make for a pretty scene. 2 video hole of the days nonetheless.

Tappin' from my iPad!

92 ;( . But I finished par-par-birdie-par. Swing came around a little late today lol

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

I shot a 51/44, 95 today. Front 9 killed me with 2 triples and 3 doubles. I threw up a 6 on my nemesis Par 3 (180 yards all carry over water). Just couldnt get it going today, but still a great day out on the course.

Last edited:
Another 81...really hope this new driver fixes my issues off the tee

A 42. Up to 70 holes of bogey-or-better and no 3-putts.

Very strange and crazy day. Ive hurt my left shoulder so instead of playing a round I went to the course to work on my short game. I did so for about 30 minutes and was just clicking my chip shots on the money when some buddies arrived and wanted me to join, so off we walked. I only played 4 holes and the first hole sucked, but something just clicked and I started hitting chips that even I could not believe. Hole #2 from 84 yards within 20" SW, #3 chipped 30 yards to 3 ft and made the putt, #4 chipped from 50 yards to a tough pin and the guys toss me the ball, lol, 8".

No idea where that came from, guess it was a good practice, haha.

DawgDaddy and I might be heading to Augusta this coming Monday to play with new forum member Mickie . Either in Augusta or across the river in South Carolina. Pm me if you are interested in joining us.

OH YEAH, That's whut we talkin bout RIGHT THERE !!! GIDDY UP Peeps !!!:friends::rockon::thumb:

didnt keep track of score cuz after a lesson i knew it would be a bogeyfest
all i know is the par5s were not good
par4s werent too much better
par3s were decent

Ok, if it makes you northerners feel better, we had to wear long pants and long sleeves today. Cold, cloudy, and windy, poor ball striking day which resulted in some ugly shots in the wind. 82 (41, 41)

Cold windy a few snow flurries, drizzeling rain off and on all day 38 to 42 degrees. Got an old set of 1996 Big Bertha Irons delivered today from the Brown Santa, snuck out of work at 3:00 played nine by myself, took a 7 on the 3rd hole, poor drive and 2 bad shots in the trees, still shot a 5 over 41. Hit the BB's high, good distance control and straight with the memphis 10 shafts. I had a set of these with graphite shafts back in 96, did not like the shafts but always liked the heads. I'm happy, they seem to work for me. I was looking for more height with the mid irons and these work well for me !!

Playing in a 2 man 'schamble' tournament tomorrow at our club. My partner is a friend of mine that is about a 16 handicap. This schamble involves both players hitting from the tee. For the 2nd shot, you then hit the ball that your partner hit off the tee (both players). From there, you pick the best ball (3rd shot) and alternate shots on that ball till the hole is finished.

Never played in something like this before so should be intersting. Might be in some interesting places tomorrow on that 2nd shot (and sure he will be saying the same!)

84 today. Started out rough with a triple en route to a 45 on the front with another 2 doubles. 39 on the back (4 bogeys and 5 pars). 29 putts - zero 3 putts.

Figured some stuff out during the front 9 and ready to play the next 2 days!!

Tappin' from my iPad!

nice round cookie. keep it up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back