What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played 18 today at Royal manchester golf links in York.... shot a 85 from the senior tees...i couldn't get a tee into the frozen ground so i only hit my hybrid and irons off the deck today. was only 20* when i started and warmed up to 23* when i was done with a 10mph wind on and off. was fun trying to make good shots knowing the ball was gonna bounce 30 feet in the air. also tried laying up on the one par 5 due to a huge lake in front of the green i hit my 8 iron and watched it bounce 2 times in the fairway then 2 times on the frozen lake and up onto the green.... was prob my shot of the day. lol

Cool, rainy, standing water, slow greens...just the usual winter conditions here but we played anyway since the forecast for tomorrow is pretty stormy. Pretty good ball striking, left some putts short, 39 42 81. I'm just glad to be playing, good scores will return when conditions improve.

Cool, rainy, standing water, slow greens...just the usual winter conditions here but we played anyway since the forecast for tomorrow is pretty stormy. Pretty good ball striking, left some putts short, 39 42 81. I'm just glad to be playing, good scores will return when conditions improve.

That sounds like a great score in those conditions!

Solid score buddy - GREAT day to be out there. Scored just a little bit better than Tuesday, huh? LOL

Tappin' from CM's iPad!

Thanks man, well the first nine kinda started like our round earlier this week, but when I got the 3 on the 1st hole par 5 on the second nine, it brought me back to life. lol

That is excellent scoring in bad conditions. You will be shooting those low scores soon buddy.

I shot a 82 today and I confess it was much better than I deserved, the stats say I hit 92.9% of the fairways and this is great except for the fact that my ball striking was hit or miss and some of those fairways were the result of bouncining in off of trees and mishits that did not travel far enough to get out of the fairway into the rough. GIRs were at 38.9% and I used 34 putts. I missed all 8 putts I had today from the 4 to 10 foot range, usually I will make 3 to 6 of those. 3 of those putts were birdie putts from the 6-8 foot rage. I was able to get up and down on only 2 of 9 real opportunities. It flet like I was shooting an 89 the way the round was unfolding, I plan to hit the practice facilities for at least the next 2 times I am on the course.

started off great then gradually self destructed lol
it was a weird pattern
par par bogey bogey double double triple triple then i lost count

I shot a 82 today and I confess it was much better than I deserved, the stats say I hit 92.9% of the fairways and this is great except for the fact that my ball striking was hit or miss and some of those fairways were the result of bouncining in off of trees and mishits that did not travel far enough to get out of the fairway into the rough. GIRs were at 38.9% and I used 34 putts. I missed all 8 putts I had today from the 4 to 10 foot range, usually I will make 3 to 6 of those. 3 of those putts were birdie putts from the 6-8 foot rage. I was able to get up and down on only 2 of 9 real opportunities. It flet like I was shooting an 89 the way the round was unfolding, I plan to hit the practice facilities for at least the next 2 times I am on the course.

Hey, the course may give you some shots but it has taken a lot more from you at some point. I missed some birdies in the same range. Things will get better for sure, at least we are getting to play--look at what the guys up in the snow areas are going through.

49/45 for a 94 today, yuck. My game has fallen to shambles this past week or so. Today was awful off the tee, and on the green, it was actually ok in between. I really struck my irons well, but I had no clue where my drives were going and my putting has become unbelievably bad.

The good news is I have a lesson on Wednesday. A few weeks ago I was playing great golf, looking to break 80 for the first time. Now breaking 90 would be a good day.

Gorgeous day out today, played 18 and the county course and shot my best round there with a 87 (43/44) 7 pars. Could have been much better I only had one 1 putt and a six 3 putts. Thanks to Sean though I know what how to use my handicap and my net score was a 69!!!

Hey, the course may give you some shots but it has taken a lot more from you at some point. I missed some birdies in the same range. Things will get better for sure, at least we are getting to play--look at what the guys up in the snow areas are going through.

And for that I am thankful I guarantee you. A bad day on the course is better than............

49/45 for a 94 today, yuck. My game has fallen to shambles this past week or so. Today was awful off the tee, and on the green, it was actually ok in between. I really struck my irons well, but I had no clue where my drives were going and my putting has become unbelievably bad.

The good news is I have a lesson on Wednesday. A few weeks ago I was playing great golf, looking to break 80 for the first time. Now breaking 90 would be a good day.

I feel your pain wr, good news about the lesson on Wed. It is about time for me to set up another series of 4 with my instructor.

Gorgeous day out today, played 18 and the county course and shot my best round there with a 87 (43/44) 7 pars. Could have been much better I only had one 1 putt and a six 3 putts. Thanks to Sean though I know what how to use my handicap and my net score was a 69!!!

Congrats mayday, hard to beat a gorgeous day and your personal course best. That net score is strong buddy.

I feel your pain wr, good news about the lesson on Wed. It is about time for me to set up another series of 4 with my instructor.

You are absolutely right, shortly after my last lesson my game really improved, I think I have probably slipped back into some old habits. Hopefully I get things headed in the right direction again.

It was a very soggy day here in North Georgia, similar to Lefty78's conditions. Had a so-so roung of 85. Good news was I only missed one fairway (of course that one was OB). The bad news was I had very few greens in regulation. The wet, soft fairways had me really struggling with the scoring irons. I hit a lot of thin wedges worrying about hitting it fat. And, when I tried to put that out of my mind, I'd hit it, of course, fat. My chipping and putting was decent enough to get home with the middling 85. And hey, my foursome won the most skins today! Can't complain about that on a rainy, chilly January day.

It was a very soggy day here in North Georgia, similar to Lefty78's conditions. Had a so-so roung of 85. Good news was I only missed one fairway (of course that one was OB). The bad news was I had very few greens in regulation. The wet, soft fairways had me really struggling with the scoring irons. I hit a lot of thin wedges worrying about hitting it fat. And, when I tried to put that out of my mind, I'd hit it, of course, fat. My chipping and putting was decent enough to get home with the middling 85. And hey, my foursome won the most skins today! Can't complain about that on a rainy, chilly January day.

Sounds like you had fun v.man, you and Charlie Sheen - winning!

Well I had the best round I have ever played going and had to stop after the 13th hole due to darkness. I was one over after 13!!! Drove the green on the 320yd number 10 and 3 putted. Had a nice jet stream behind me, only three putt of the round. Not sure where that game came from but it sure was fun.

Too bad you couldn't finish your round! Go out tomorrow and play the last 5 holes!

Well I had the best round I have ever played going and had to stop after the 13th hole due to darkness. I was one over after 13!!! Drove the green on the 320yd number 10 and 3 putted. Had a nice jet stream behind me, only three putt of the round. Not sure where that game came from but it sure was fun.

I had one of those two weeks ago it was a 316 par 4 and I rolled up on the green, lucky for me the pin was at the front of the green instead of the back like usual

i played at Sanctuary Lakes GC last year, designed by Greg Norman, and holed two birdies, I was happy with that.

Dang - what a round you had going! Where were you playing? Sucks about the darkness..

Tappin' from CM's iPad!

Wow, I wish you could have completed the round too. Congrats on the drive on #10, that is awesome no matter the wind conditions.

threeboysdad, the USGA would say you shot a 77 for that round. Essentially, their rule on partial rounds says that if you've completed 13 holes, you take par plus any strokes you would have received based on your handicap on the remaining holes. In your case, that would have put 5 over for the round. Nice shooting!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back